Is Android Pay working on your Honor 8?

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I've tried unsuccessfully to use Android Pay with my Honor 8 at two places where my Note 4 with Android Pay worked just last week.

I'm using the same linked credit card, Android Pay is my default payment, and I have NFC on.

Otherwise I love this phone!!!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, just a guess but I have to ask:

Do you have Android Pay as a app protected in the background? Try whitelisting the app (Settings->Advanced Settings->Battery Manager->Protected apps).

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, just a guess but I have to ask:

Do you have Android Pay as a app protected in the background? Try whitelisting the app (Settings->Advanced Settings->Battery Manager->Protected apps).
I just checked and it wasn't a protected app, but would that have made a difference if my phone was unlocked and open at the times I tried to pay?

I've changed Android Pay to a protected app. I'll try again tomorrow.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I just checked and it wasn't a protected app, but would that have made a difference if my phone was unlocked and open at the times I tried to pay?

I've changed Android Pay to a protected app. I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm not sure in this case, since I don't use it but sometimes it can.
Hopefully it will work for you tomorrow.

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Just used Android Pay successfully!

I had to hold the phone right on the terminal for several seconds before it worked. I actually almost gave up too soon, since my Note 4 only had to get a few inches from the terminal for it to work, so I'm not sure if protecting the app was the difference or not. I'll un-protect it and experiment some more later.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just used Android Pay successfully!

I had to hold the phone right on the terminal for several seconds before it worked. I actually almost gave up too soon, since my Note 4 only had to get a few inches from the terminal for it to work, so I'm not sure if protecting the app was the difference or not. I'll un-protect it and experiment some more later.

I was about to say you do have to hold it closer than some phones mine works fantastic

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I just had a chance to try it again and it didn't make a difference if the app was protected or not. It works either way as long as I pretty much touch the terminal with the phone. Also, the top of my Honor 8 seems to be the sweet spot.

It was operator error on my part. I wasn't holding the Honor 8 close enough for long enough. The only prior Android Pay experience I had was with my Note 4 and that worked quickly from several inches away every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34