The Honor 8 is one of the best phones I've ever had

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is probably one of the best I've ever had! I've only had it for two or three days so far but man is it good. I decided to get a smaller phone (came from Moto x style). Everything about this phone feels so nice! I was a little hesitant because of the software but once I booted it up I was very relieved. I'm running nova launcher on it now but I've had no stutters or hiccups or anything. Battery life after a few days has been really solid too, I've made it a full day with heavy use. Love this phone so far.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, may I suggest giving EMUI a solid shot. I ran nova and KLWP on every android phone. I have yet to want use it. If it's an app drawer you seek that is coming in February with EMUI 5.0

There are just so many useful features built into the UI. I recommend downloading the user manual and giving it a read through. You will be surprised at the things packed into this amazing device.

There are communities dedicated to theming EMUI, which changes almost every aspect of EMUI. There are apps to build you own theme using different pieces from other themes, or you can create you own. You can even use your icon packs from the play store.

I can go on and on about this device haha. Congrats on the phone and there are some good people in this forum. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad you like it, OP! I've had mine for a week and I am really loving it. The size is perfect, the battery is amazing, the fingerprint scanner is superb, and I love the aesthetic of the OS and the hardware.

Also, what colour did you get?! :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, may I suggest giving EMUI a solid shot. I ran nova and KLWP on every android phone. I have yet to want use it. If it's an app drawer you seek that is coming in February with EMUI 5.0

There are just so many useful features built into the UI. I recommend downloading the user manual and giving it a read through. You will be surprised at the things packed into this amazing device.

There are communities dedicated to theming EMUI, which changes almost every aspect of EMUI. There are apps to build you own theme using different pieces from other themes, or you can create you own. You can even use your icon packs from the play store.

I can go on and on about this device haha. Congrats on the phone and there are some good people in this forum. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

When I find these theme builders, I will spend an entire day making some for my phone... Excited!! :)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
When I find these theme builders, I will spend an entire day making some for my phone... Excited!! :)

Theme editor for EMUI, it's on the play store. There are some FAQ on how to build a theme on a PC. I haven't gotten I to that yet. I just take things I like from each theme and make my own.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Well said. It's my favorite Android phone of the year for sure. I have tried a lot of phones and they have all fallen short.

Glad that you are liking yours!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll definitely give it a shot! Its just hard to part with novas seemingly endless options. Haha

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad you like it, OP! I've had mine for a week and I am really loving it. The size is perfect, the battery is amazing, the fingerprint scanner is superb, and I love the aesthetic of the OS and the hardware.

I got the black one! I originally wanted blue but it was sold out everywhere. I love the black though!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Well said. It's my favorite Android phone of the year for sure. I have tried a lot of phones and they have all fallen short.

Glad that you are liking yours!

Thanks! This phone has blew my expectations out of the water. Lasting all day with my "heavy" use!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Oh,that battery life! It lasts me all day with my heavy usage!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see so many of you are happy with your phone. I ordered one shortly before Christmas and I'll hopefully get around to firing it up once the holidays end (and my 4 year old feels better - she had a post Christmas stomach bug today). I'm really looking to save some money but still have a solid, top of the line phone. This looks like it could be the one.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I keep reading a lot of positiveness about this phone and would really like to experience it myself. I would like to compare it to my V10 and V20s.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I keep reading a lot of positiveness about this phone and would really like to experience it myself. I would like to compare it to my V10 and V20s.

Well size-wise the honor 8 will be no comparison there.
As far as quality, feel and speed it's most definitely a major go!

I would call the honor 8 a jewel for a night on the town.
The way the light reflects off the back is very diamond like.

I think Amazon has the blue one on sale for $290.00 right now.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to see so many of you are happy with your phone. I ordered one shortly before Christmas and I'll hopefully get around to firing it up once the holidays end (and my 4 year old feels better - she had a post Christmas stomach bug today). I'm really looking to save some money but still have a solid, top of the line phone. This looks like it could be the one.

You picked a good one ! This has blown my expectations out of the water! Very surprised at the camera also,keep taking pictures of my dog ! Haha. I hope your little one feels better ! Let us all know when you've used your phone !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax