Honor 8 vs Mate 9

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Seriously considered selling my honor 8 because in my opinion nougat is crap.
I've come to the conclusion that nougat on my Axon 7 is worse crap.... Lol ...

So now I'm back with the honor and the Axon will go away.
Never should have doubted the 8.
Still buying the Mate 9 though.
My honor will be the second place phone for a while.

Alex Man

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I loved my Honor8 and shattered the screen when I slipped on ice. I was going to get a replacement H8 but ended up going with the Mate 9. At the time I broke my H8, it had already upgraded to EMUI 5 and Nougat so now with the M9, it just seems like a bigger version of the H8. Same great battery life, same camera performance (IMO), and same lag-free snappy OS. I've been using my M9 for almost a month now and to be honest, I missed the smaller form factor of the H8. To be able to do things with one hand was convenient. I now have my eye on the Huawei P10.

Alex Man

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I loved the Honor 8 in white and the glass back. It was always cool to the touch unlike my LG V10, G3 and Xperia phones which were like little pocket heaters.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I loved my Honor8 and shattered the screen when I slipped on ice. I was going to get a replacement H8 but ended up going with the Mate 9. At the time I broke my H8, it had already upgraded to EMUI 5 and Nougat so now with the M9, it just seems like a bigger version of the H8. Same great battery life, same camera performance (IMO), and same lag-free snappy OS. I've been using my M9 for almost a month now and to be honest, I missed the smaller form factor of the H8. To be able to do things with one hand was convenient. I now have my eye on the Huawei P10.

Glad you are liking the Mate 9, but I can certainly see what you're saying about the Honor 8's size. I picked up my old LG G3 yesterday or the day before and it felt MASSIVE; and it is only a 0.3" difference... So I can't imagine what an even bigger size disparity would be like! I, too, am looking forward to checking out the P10.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So exciting! Let us know how you like it! Waiting's the hardest part!

Letting you know... 😀

The Mate 9 is a sweet device.
I have it running with Nova currently.
The experience is very close to the honor 8.
After using the Mate 9 for a couple of days it no longer seems to be a large phone to me.

Looking back the honor 8 looks tiny.
One thing though I feel the honor 8 has a much better screen.

Battery time on the Mate 9 is soooo nice! I don't feel like I need to chain myself to a charger anymore.

Glad I jumped to the 9.
No regrets.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Letting you know... 😀

The Mate 9 is a sweet device.
I have it running with Nova currently.
The experience is very close to the honor 8.
After using the Mate 9 for a couple of days it no longer seems to be a large phone to me.

Looking back the honor 8 looks tiny.
One thing though I feel the honor 8 has a much better screen.

Battery time on the Mate 9 is soooo nice! I don't feel like I need to chain myself to a charger anymore.

Glad I jumped to the 9.
No regrets.

Awesome! Sounds like it's an all-around great device! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown