Hi All, My wife has had her new Honor 8 phone since Dec 23rd. It's been a great phone and maybe even the best she has ever had. Lately, sometimes the phone will not charge overnight. She always makes sure the charging light is on when she plugs it in before going to bed.

Couple items to note:

1. she is not using the stock fast charger but is using the stock usb-c cable.
    2. The stock usb cable is plugged into her clock radio which has a usb port.
    3. When she gets up in the morning, the orange charge light is still on but the percentage has not changed from the night before when she plugged it in.
    4. She has tried other brand usb-c cables and has the same results, some nights it works, some nights does not work.

Any ideas? Is there some setting that can be changed in the phone?

Thank you
    01-10-2017 09:47 AM
    It sounds like the clock doesn't output enough charge through the USB port.

The honor fast charging is proprietary, and not compatible with any other sockets.

Using a USB port in another device to charge a phone, I would always suggest the phone is off when doing this. A power off and on schedule can be set in the battery options.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2017 10:11 AM
    It sounds like the clock doesn't output enough charge through the USB port.

The honor fast charging is proprietary, and not compatible with any other sockets.

Using a USB port in another device to charge a phone, I would always suggest the phone is off when doing this. A power off and on schedule can be set in the battery options.
    So you are saying I really can't use any other USB port other than from the fast charging proprietary stock charger. That is crazy!

I do understand the charging is proprietary but to say that is the only way the phone can be charged is not right.
    01-10-2017 10:57 AM
    I would try another wall charger preferably the stock one. I have used a number of third party ones and they all charged reasonably fast... Definitely overnight should not be a problem for any modern charger at least 5v/1a.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2017 11:00 AM
    I think what he is saying is don't use a clock radio to charge your phone. Use an actual phone charger. I never use the one that came with it. I have a nice Anker charger with a 6 ft cable and I have never had this issue.
    dpham00 and libra89 like this.
    01-10-2017 11:27 AM
    I think what he is saying is don't use a clock radio to charge your phone. Use an actual phone charger. I never use the one that came with it. I have a nice Anker charger with a 6 ft cable and I have never had this issue.
    Yes, this. Charging from a port in another device will never be the same as a wall plug.
    dpham00 and libra89 like this.
    01-10-2017 11:38 AM
    Yup. Just give it a try... But officially honor only supports their charger hence why i suggested to try that. If you are still having problems with the stock charger and cable then honor will do warranty replacement on whichever component they determine is defective.
    01-10-2017 01:12 PM
    Yup. Just give it a try... But officially honor only supports their charger hence why i suggested to try that. If you are still having problems with the stock charger and cable then honor will do warranty replacement on whichever component they determine is defective.
    The OP says it is being charged via a USB port on an alarm clock and not via a wall charger.
    01-10-2017 03:04 PM
    You would need something higher than the normal wall clock USB port that feed more power. For example, like this Anker 24W charger. That will certainly charge faster than your wall clock USB port or any other low powered ports. You still need to use the Honor's charger to get the fast charging (0% - 47% in 30 mins) as that uses dual charge and there isn't anyone selling such chargers.

Hope that helps.
    01-10-2017 04:40 PM
    The OP says it is being charged via a USB port on an alarm clock and not via a wall charger.
    Right hence i believe that the problem is with the usb port on the clock
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2017 05:36 PM