nougat update available!

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm one of the few that loved Emui 4, so I'll just wait for it to come to my phone, till then, I'm happy with the way it is.
Me too!

I avoided seriously considering the Honor 8 for months because of all of the reviews that said, "Great hardware, incredibly bad software."

Black Friday deals finally enticed me take a chance on the phone and I found that I actually like the current software.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Me too!

I avoided seriously considering the Honor 8 for months because of all of the reviews that said, "Great hardware, incredibly bad software."

Black Friday deals finally enticed me take a chance on the phone and I found that I actually like the current software.

It's a great set up, I come from BlackBerry OS10, so no app drawer is OK with me. I love Emui, it is my favorite version of Android now.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's a great set up, I come from BlackBerry OS10, so no app drawer is OK with me. I love Emui, it is my favorite version of Android now.

Issues with EMUI mostly revolves around its way of handling notifications in the lockscreen and background which is way more effective in EMUI 5.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Issues with EMUI mostly revolves around its way of handling notifications in the lockscreen and background which is way more effective in EMUI 5.

So I did the Charles method and got it working ! I've been pleasantly surprised with emui5 BUT sometimes my notification shade doesn't pull down when using the smart key. It's so annoying. Have you had this issue ? Also, when using Google's message app every contact in the thread shows as UNKNOWN and I can't fix it. So weird.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So I did the Charles method and got it working ! I've been pleasantly surprised with emui5 BUT sometimes my notification shade doesn't pull down when using the smart key. It's so annoying. Have you had this issue ? Also, when using Google's message app every contact in the thread shows as UNKNOWN and I can't fix it. So weird.

The first one, yes. It happens few times with the smart key. Waiting to see threads in XDA to see if this is a bug.

I use stock messaging app so can't help on that one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here but I like the no app drawer so if I never saw 5.0 I wouldn't mind anyway lol. I love everything about 4.1. It's the perfect blend or hybrid software that gives you both Android and IOS together as smooth harmony. I personally think it's the best ever.

Hmm, y'know, I thought I'd hate the "no app drawer" thing, but I actually don't miss it at all. Is this a setting one can turn off in the next update - does anyone know?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The first one, yes. It happens few times with the smart key. Waiting to see threads in XDA to see if this is a bug.

I use stock messaging app so can't help on that one.

Well I guess I waisted my time doing the update because I just got the B360 update a few minutes ago haha.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm like a little kid checking the updater every hour for the update.. the wait is killing.. haha..

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I ended up getting 33hrs out of my last full charge.

Also, I have had the bug with the smart key gesture controls stopping occasionally. Particularly annoying as I have come to rely on the notification shade gesture.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting 33hrs out of my last full charge.

Also, I have had the bug with the smart key gesture controls stopping occasionally. Particularly annoying as I have come to rely on the notification shade gesture.

That also happened to me but once I got the b360 update it was fixed

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been on B360 for a while in the beta, and I'm glad to see other people are having similar battery life. I can go a typical day where I don't play many games and end with about 30% battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12