nougat update available!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I did the Charles method about an hour ago. Kind of a pain when the steps don't tell you to click on the Structure tab after getting everything set up in the Sequence tab. I kept watching the sequence tab and nothing was happening. I thought I wasn't getting the settings right or something. Once I clicked on Structure, it was showing the stuff I needed to see. Pretty simple after that, you just have to be quick. I also lost the download once I switched off the wifi proxy on my phone, so I had to capture the download again, I ended up clicking quick download, then turned off wifi and downloaded the update over LTE.

So far it's looking a lot better than MM and EMUI 4.1

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm itching for the update, thinking of forcing it too, though I should just be patient and not invest extra time in something that is bound to happen soon anyways. Lucky you guys who already got it!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm itching for the update, thinking of forcing it too, though I should just be patient and not invest extra time in something that is bound to happen soon anyways. Lucky you guys who already got it!

Honestly it only takes about 5 minutes (not including actually updating) to do it the Charles way if you know what you're doing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Waiting it out also.
When I was younger roots and hacks were fun.
These days not so much.

Plus you are responsible if you hack and your turns into a paperweight. Not really worth it, IMO, just to get the update a little early

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Updating via the Charles app method doesn't require root or to unlock bootloader.

It doesn't but it is still a modification that the manufacturer hasn't authorized for your specific phone yet and may impact warranty. If you don't care about warranty then by all means do it.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't but it is still a modification that the manufacturer hasn't authorized for your specific phone yet and may impact warranty. If you don't care about warranty then by all means do it.

It is actually the right build for the right model you have. Folks who are comfortable finding this information have shared the response codes for all the models. It is just that you are requesting it manually from the official servers earlier rather than being pushed at a certain bucket. The only thing you get into is that you may have some early bugs. Yes, if you request the update for a different model than your model, you just install a different build and does not bring/corrupt your phone down. You can easily rollback to EMUI 4.0 build from the instructions available in Honor site for your specific model.

Of course, this is not for normal folks and I would recommend to wait in that case.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it only takes about 5 minutes (not including actually updating) to do it the Charles way if you know what you're doing.

I've never rooted or unlocked the bootloader or anything like Charles before. It took me 10 minutes to do. Very easy. I just read it a few times , looked at the Charles app a bit before actually doing it , and when I finally went to do it ,was a cinch.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is actually the right build for the right model you have. Folks who are comfortable finding this information have shared the response codes for all the models. It is just that you are requesting it manually from the official servers earlier rather than being pushed at a certain bucket. The only thing you get into is that you may have some early bugs. Yes, if you request the update for a different model than your model, you just install a different build and does not bring/corrupt your phone down. You can easily rollback to EMUI 4.0 build from the instructions available in Honor site for your specific model.

Of course, this is not for normal folks and I would recommend to wait in that case.

right build or not... it hasn't been pushed to your phone yet. If you try to update other than through an approved method then honor would be within their legal rights to deny warranty.

Granted it is unlikely to have any problems and honor may honor warranty repairs regardless.... Just that it is a risk.

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read last Sunday evening that Nougat was starting to roll out OTA? I am in the USA and I see nothing yet.

-Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance