nougat update available!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought I read last Sunday evening that Nougat was starting to roll out OTA? I am in the USA and I see nothing yet.

-Rich

Depends on where you look for the info. From collecting various responses in the XDA forums, its rolling out in batches. Even folks who arent in Beta have received updates in the USA and other regions. So, its is certainly going to be soon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Depends on where you look for the info. From collecting various responses in the XDA forums, its rolling out in batches. Even folks who arent in Beta have received updates in the USA and other regions. So, its is certainly going to be soon.

Super exciting! Can't wait!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am so glad with Honor 8 right now, especially that ZTE Axon 7 not getting the Nougat update until later this quarter!

Agreed...
Major concern with Android handsets these days "will they or won't they"
Everytime I shop these new phones it's a major concern for me now.

At least Huawei/honor has promised updates for users.
Hoping they keep backing up their words...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed...
Major concern with Android handsets these days "will they or won't they"
Everytime I shop these new phones it's a major concern for me now.

At least Huawei/honor has promised updates for users.
Hoping they keep backing up their words...

They have done pretty well on the honor 8. On the honor 5x... Not so much.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's some irony. I've had the honor 8 Since September and always seem to get the updates a little later than most. Yesterday my wife bought an H8 to replace a crappy S7 edge. We get it home, set up, and the base updates installed. About an hour later, the Nougat update came through. I still haven't received it, but was nice to get a little preview. looks like it really increases the usability of the phone. Greatly looking forward to it.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's some irony. I've had the honor 8 Since September and always seem to get the updates a little later than most. Yesterday my wife bought an H8 to replace a crappy S7 edge. We get it home, set up, and the base updates installed. About an hour later, the Nougat update came through. I still haven't received it, but was nice to get a little preview. looks like it really increases the usability of the phone. Greatly looking forward to it.

It's certainly a slick update! Are you in the US?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Wow, are you serious?! That's really surprising. Hasn't hit my phone yet as of 2 days ago.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm guessing it must be the public release now if it hit a brand new phone! That's good news for everyone because it means the rollout has started.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I still have not received my update as of yet. I assume they release them randomly by regions or something. I'm in the South East I suppose being in Mississippi. Anyone on here a state over in any direction of me receive their update if you have an Honor 8? I guess I'm not a Jedi yet as I've not learned patience lol. Maybe I should try the dark side of the Force and see if my update will show :)

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I still have not received my update as of yet. I assume they release them randomly by regions or something. I'm in the South East I suppose being in Mississippi. Anyone on here a state over in any direction of me receive their update if you have an Honor 8? I guess I'm not a Jedi yet as I've not learned patience lol. Maybe I should try the dark side of the Force and see if my update will show :)

I wish you luck on your journey

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It's def not by region because my wife's brand new H8 received it and I did not. We live in the same house :) It may be rolled out by phone ID or IMEI #. I am still pissed Im sitting here waiting for the update while my wife enjoys her brand new phone with nougat :D

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's def not by region because my wife's brand new H8 received it and I did not. We live in the same house :) It may be rolled out by phone ID or IMEI #. I am still pissed Im sitting here waiting for the update while my wife enjoys her brand new phone with nougat :D

Are you in the States?

Marco Ella

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
There are some major bugs? I had problem with the back button (swipe down to expande notification pannell doesn't work until you reboot) and some minor bugs (that's why i downgraded to emui 4.1)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463