nougat update available!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
My A7 runs very well after 3 or 4 initial hiccups.
I opted for the stock UI available on the phone with my usual Nova overlay.

Not saying the A7 is a better phone than the honor.
The Axon is pretty powerful for what it was aimed at.

The Honor 8 remains my go to pocket phone.
Like I've emulated I can wait for Nougat.
Getting it on the A7 was a complete surprise.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So nice to have phones that are getting updates like this.
Had so many good devices that were just left in the dust.

If honor needs time to roll out I don't expect this on my phone for a week or two.

Hoping all you guys get moved up as soon as possible!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
While waiting, I'm debating if I should back up my phone or not. Usually something "breaks" when I restore them :/

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
While waiting, I'm debating if I should back up my phone or not. Usually something "breaks" when I restore them :/

You definitely need to, I had an instance yesterday where I updated my phone and for some reason it factory reset itself. THE ONE TIME I DIDNT BACK UP.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Backup photos, messages, phone calls and other valuable data. Dont back up apps and apps state as that would still not improve if you restore.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
You definitely need to, I had an instance yesterday where I updated my phone and for some reason it factory reset itself. THE ONE TIME I DIDNT BACK UP.
Whoa...that sounds horrible. :(

Backup photos, messages, phone calls and other valuable data. Dont back up apps and apps state as that would still not improve if you restore.

Wait, you can back up just messages and phone calls only? That's all that I would backup. Here I thought it was all or none for backups.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Whoa...that sounds horrible. :(

Wait, you can back up just messages and phone calls only? That's all that I would backup. Here I thought it was all or none for backups.

Go into the backup app when you get a chance, you have many options of what to back up, even personal phone settings!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not really in a rush, I've been around long enough to know this takes time. That being said, has anyone in the US received the update yet?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I got an update yesterday for nougat. It was like 2.2gb. I didn't do any backup and it updated no problem. Going to explore !