Honor 9?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If it comes down to it in the end, I'll break down and buy the Mate 9 if honor price hikes or doesn't offer a larger screen device. I'll loose a ton of loyalty to them too. To the one who posted that had both the Honor 8 and Mate 9, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the Mate 9 kind of in a vs the Honor 8 type answer please? I'm very interested in the Mate 9 but when I think Honor I also think Huawei so I keep expecting value prices from both so I really hate to pay $599 when I've got basically just as good of a phone as the Mate 9 is. What is it about the Mate 9 that supports a $325 price increase over the Honor 8. It can't be just the 5.9 inch screen. I'm just not sold that the Mate 9 vs the Honor 8 is with paying over $300 more dollars for truly. I have to believe it comes down to like Google and Samsung that one pays big money for a name rather a device. It's proven already by the Honor 8. Unless I'm told the Mate 9 is indeed market value supported that much enhanced better performance than the Honor 8.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to see two screen sizes and to be quite honest, it doesn't necessarily have to be a huge improvement over the Honor 8. The 8 is plenty of performance for all of us at the "price" we paid. Key word guys. Remember that. In that article interview with the CEO of Honor he states clearly Honor will offer value prices. So if a small improvement to the Honor 8 doesn't hike the price $125 then that's great but I seriously fear eventually Honor will slowly have reoccurring price hikes like all large competitive companies do. Let's hope I'm wrong but history seems to always rewrite itself and if honor again like I've said many times stays true to their core roots which the CEO said it himself a great device at a much lesser cost then I'm definitely in for a Honor 9. Oh and yes two screen sizes would be great. I picked up the Axon Pro which is at the end of its life for $279 and it's a heck of a device for its flagship specs simply bc I wanted a second device with a larger screen but with premium specs. Hopefully Honor will deliver but then again to cut costs they still may offer only one variant of the honor 9 which I think will end up being 5.4 or 5.5 and that's all we will get but at the much lesser price like the Honor 8. I strongly believe honor has a team reading these forums and let's all hope they have listened to all of us bc in the end we all are the ones who make them or can break them. Honor are you listening and reading our posts????

Hopefully Honor does stay true to that core "value" idea.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully Honor does stay true to that core "value" idea.
The Honor 9 will immediately reveal this to be true or if they increase prices by a larger margin. I certainly expect a small price increase but nothing substantial. Could be that they get crazy and initially release it at a higher price to test the waters which is a corporation trick to see how many fish bite the bait and if they hook enough then you we will all see their price hike but if it fails then it will go on sale pretty quick which their sale price will actually mean their normal price that which everyone will offer the 9 at. I could see them doing the bait and hook deal at least the first month then either it will remain at that higher price or then go on sale to remain at the sale price. I'd be surprised if this sales tactic isn't used or tested. What company out there is not after more money rather than totally out there for the customer? NONE

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The Honor 9 will immediately reveal this to be true or if they increase prices by a larger margin. I certainly expect a small price increase but nothing substantial. Could be that they get crazy and initially release it at a higher price to test the waters which is a corporation trick to see how many fish bite the bait and if they hook enough then you we will all see their price hike but if it fails then it will go on sale pretty quick which their sale price will actually mean their normal price that which everyone will offer the 9 at. I could see them doing the bait and hook deal at least the first month then either it will remain at that higher price or then go on sale to remain at the sale price. I'd be surprised if this sales tactic isn't used or tested. What company out there is not after more money rather than totally out there for the customer? NONE

We'll see! :) I'd be interested in getting an Honor 9 in the future! I really like the 8 and I can see myself sticking with the series.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
We'll see! :) I'd be interested in getting an Honor 9 in the future! I really like the 8 and I can see myself sticking with the series.

I feel the same, now that I've had the 8 for a few months I can't see going to another brand next. I too will prob continue with the series, but prob with the 10. I'll stick with the 8 until it starts getting outdated.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same, now that I've had the 8 for a few months I can't see going to another brand next. I too will prob continue with the series, but prob with the 10. I'll stick with the 8 until it starts getting outdated.

Sounds good! I really like the size of the 8 - 5.2"-5.5" is my sweet spot range, and I've missed having a 5.2" phone - so if Honor's Honor 9 is 5.7", I'd be interested in it still; but I'd most likely opt for a smaller variant. I, too, will keep my 8 until it gets outdated/has issues.

J_3psilon

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site

The honor 8 pro is looking like it's not gonna have a price to much more than the honor 8. So I think the honor 9 might not be more expensive at all.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh really? An honor 8 pro is being released in a 5.7 inch screen? I've not heard of this. Anyone have a link or details to this being fact? I'm quite intrigued now. I will most definitely look into one of those but I still don't see the Honor 9 coming anytime soon as the 8 and now the 8 pro means they are still focused on the 8 being around a while more it sounds like.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh really? An honor 8 pro is being released in a 5.7 inch screen? I've not heard of this. Anyone have a link or details to this being fact? I'm quite intrigued now. I will most definitely look into one of those but I still don't see the Honor 9 coming anytime soon as the 8 and now the 8 pro means they are still focused on the 8 being around a while more it sounds like.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Hono...d-in-Europe-on-April-5-as-Honor-8-Pro_id92322

Looks good!

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
My biggest wish is for the honor 9 is having usb c to hdmi output. I want to join the cord cutters of America and say goodbye to my over priced satellite tv provider.