So are there still lots who haven't received the 5.0 yet?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've yet to receive this 5.0 update that seems most have gotten already. Am I a minority or are there still lots out there who've not yet been graced with 5.0? Thanks for chiming in on this. I'm curious of what is taking so long for it to hit my phone or my pocket of the US.

matthewkuhl

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Is it a carrier h branded phone or is it unlocked? If it's unlocked, try removing your SIM, rebooting and checking for the update again.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm guessing that this is rolling out piece by piece. I didn't get it yet, but updates have always been delayed for me anyway.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to receive this 5.0 update that seems most have gotten already. Am I a minority or are there still lots out there who've not yet been graced with 5.0? Thanks for chiming in on this. I'm curious of what is taking so long for it to hit my phone or my pocket of the US.

I don't think most have gotten it yet. I know a lot of people have been forcing the update with the Charles method as well as those that were in the beta program and a few other lucky people.

honor USA tweeted the official rollout for it started yesterday. https://twitter.com/Honor_USA/status/829759789299331072

Just be patient and you'll get it soon enough!

Last edited:

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Still waiting as well....It's killing me

taxmandan

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received it either. I noticed that the update isn't posted on the support page at hihonor.com either. I'm not sure if that means anything or not.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like I'm not alone. Who knows how they are releasing the updates. Probably by phone serial numbers in batches would be my best guess. It's definitely based on a numerical method. So serial numbers or build dates could be either or none but it's only educated at best. Lol.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure one day it will pop up but heck I like 4.1 anyway so it's okay. I'm more so looking for security patches rather than the 5.0 really. I like 4.1 just like it is so it's my hope they have taken 4.1 and made it even better. They better stay unique and keep their own software that have built so well and balanced. To push more pure Android would push me away actually. I hope it's just enhanced 4.1. I like the blend of both Android and IOS they have given this type of software. It's a very nice change to in your face IOS and Block letters Pure Android. Stay different Honor if you read these posts. Innovation is creativity and imagination working together which is one of Einstein's semi quotes. How can you not succeed following his quotes as an advice tool. He's the smartest human ever to walk to this earth to me. A genius who created common sense. No way to be smarter than that and he's often quoted by imagination leads to creativity. Well honor in a sense did this with their take on mobile software. They took creativity and turned it into innovation. Brilliant which is why in two years plus they will rival Samsung if they stay their course. They are in a perfect offensive position. Hey Honor read this and listen to this forum!! Lol.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure one day it will pop up but heck I like 4.1 anyway so it's okay. I'm more so looking for security patches rather than the 5.0 really. I like 4.1 just like it is so it's my hope they have taken 4.1 and made it even better. They better stay unique and keep their own software that have built so well and balanced. To push more pure Android would push me away actually. I hope it's just enhanced 4.1. I like the blend of both Android and IOS they have given this type of software. It's a very nice change to in your face IOS and Block letters Pure Android. Stay different Honor if you read these posts. Innovation is creativity and imagination working together which is one of Einstein's semi quotes. How can you not succeed following his quotes as an advice tool. He's the smartest human ever to walk to this earth to me. A genius who created common sense. No way to be smarter than that and he's often quoted by imagination leads to creativity. Well honor in a sense did this with their take on mobile software. They took creativity and turned it into innovation. Brilliant which is why in two years plus they will rival Samsung if they stay their course. They are in a perfect offensive position. Hey Honor read this and listen to this forum!! Lol.

I take it you haven't looked up any screen shots or etc from emui 5? It's still far enough away from stock nougat , don't fret!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I take it you haven't looked up any screen shots or etc from emui 5? It's still far enough away from stock nougat , don't fret!
I actually haven't seen it yet. I've just read about it or only know from what I read here. Sounds good. Glad to know that. Sounds like they just tweaked it so all sounds great. Now I'm looking forward to it in 2018 lol.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually haven't seen it yet. I've just read about it or only know from what I read here. Sounds good. Glad to know that. Sounds like they just tweaked it so all sounds great. Now I'm looking forward to it in 2018 lol.

Idk if you saw my first comment but they announced it starting to official roll out on the 11th. I linked the tweet as well. It's going to be a good update ,I've used it myself before rolling back and waiting for official release.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like just an enhanced version of 4.1 which is great bc 4.1 has been a pleasure to use to me personally. I'm ready now for 5.0 which will probably take even longer now that I'm ready for it.

taxmandan

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Update only took 10 minutes to download and another 10 to install Based on this, does not appear to have downloaded 2.27 gb. Disappointed that the update added facebook messenger, trip advisor, instagram. Also, when you switch to the app drawer style, your home screen layouts disappear.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Update only took 10 minutes to download and another 10 to install Based on this, does not appear to have downloaded 2.27 gb. Disappointed that the update added facebook messenger, trip advisor, instagram. Also, when you switch to the app drawer style, your home screen layouts disappear.

Thanks for that observation. That's kind of weird.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

You can uninstall all those apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke