So are there still lots who haven't received the 5.0 yet?

DroidGuyinSocal

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
I still have not received the update yet here in Southern California on my Honor 8 (FRD-L04). My phone is not activated on any network yet, rather just to wifi for now (with all of the Play Store updates in place). Does that make any difference? I also downloaded the hicare app hoping to see the update on there, but no dice...

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I still have not received the update yet here in Southern California on my Honor 8 (FRD-L04). My phone is not activated on any network yet, rather just to wifi for now (with all of the Play Store updates in place). Does that make any difference? I also downloaded the hicare app hoping to see the update on there, but no dice...

It shouldn't make a difference

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My Honor 8 didn't have a sim in it when it got the update. It will come any day now :)

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that have received the update , do any of you use Google's messenger? If so is it working properly with notifications and quick reply?

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure on that but I gave up on Google Messenger because, it, Hangouts and the stock messaging app was sending terrible photos via MMS. Textra is the only app that allows me to send full size or specific size photos via MMS.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I use the stock messaging app. I don't use MMS because my carrier charges for it so I send pictures via online services like fb messenger because it's free.

jerichoi224

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
It was like 5am when I got that, so I just let it update while I slept..
So about 1 hour into EMUI 5, and I really like it.
Kind of sad the Easter Egg isn't working for me :(
But, still the nice EMUI.

The reply function through the notification is kind of worrying though. I can reply through my MMS without entering the password.
Also, think it would be nice if the notification had all teh messages instead of the most recent message, but still it's okay.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Got the update today. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, my lock screen wallpaper is a little more blown up than my standard home screen wallpaper.

I haven't tried a factory reset yet. Hoping it doesn't come to that.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Got the update today. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, my lock screen wallpaper is a little more blown up than my standard home screen wallpaper.

I haven't tried a factory reset yet. Hoping it doesn't come to that.
Yes, this seems to happen on EMUI 5. Not been able to fix it.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Still nothing with my Honor 8 or my MedPad 3 which runs 4.1 too. Reading all the reviews I've decided I'm going to hang with 4.1 until I have to upgrade or forced to. 4.1 is the best ever. I like all it and have nothing bad to say about 4.1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo