Stumped by this problem! With the phone. I have a handful of numbers (that I know of) that I can receive a call and text back and forth, but cannot call them. When it tries to dial it quits and the call log shows the call as cancelled. When I swap it in another phone, I do not have any problems with this SIM. I've reset network settings, deleted contacts, but am stumped. Any ideas before I send the phone back to Amazon? Thx!!!
    02-18-2017 01:32 AM
    Try a different dialler?
    02-18-2017 04:04 AM
    Stumped by this problem! With the phone. I have a handful of numbers (that I know of) that I can receive a call and text back and forth, but cannot call them. When it tries to dial it quits and the call log shows the call as cancelled. When I swap it in another phone, I do not have any problems with this SIM. I've reset network settings, deleted contacts, but am stumped. Any ideas before I send the phone back to Amazon? Thx!!!
    I have this exact problem.are you with TMobile? They tried several options and are unclear where the issue is. The troubling thing is, when I put the same sim in my iPhone and everything works, calls go through.
    02-18-2017 06:52 AM
    Yes, I am on T-mobile. Like you, I have no problems calling these same numbers when I pop the SIM into my iPhone. I have six lines on my account, and mine is the only one having these issues. I can even receive a call from the number but cannot call back. I have tried everything short of a factory reset, which may be my last option. If that doesn't work I may have to return the phone and get something else. It's a shame too, since I really like this phone.

Oh yeah, I've tried different dialers to no avail

Thanks. LMK if you find the solution.
    digitalbreak likes this.
    02-18-2017 09:31 AM
    I think I have found the problem. Unfortunately, the solution sucks!

If I toggle off VoLTE calls tab then the call goes right through. The phone is only a few weeks old and can still be returned to Amazon, so I'm not sure I want to hold onto this one if I can't have VoLTE. Grrrr. I'll have to see if there is a fix, otherwise, I'll have to find another phone.
    02-18-2017 09:51 AM
    I have this exact problem.are you with TMobile? They tried several options and are unclear where the issue is. The troubling thing is, when I put the same sim in my iPhone and everything works, calls go through.
    Are you on the Digits beta with T-mobile? I am, if that makes any difference. Still, it has no problems in the iPhone.
    02-18-2017 09:52 AM
    Update: I plopped my SIM into daughter's Nexus 6P with VoLTE calling and the dialing is fine. Also no problem with the other daughter's iPhone 7. Afraid it is a problem with this phone. Hmmm, hate to see it go...
    02-18-2017 10:57 AM
    Are you on the Digits beta with T-mobile? I am, if that makes any difference. Still, it has no problems in the iPhone.
    Yes, I am also in the Digits program.

I will try the VoLTE thing today morning and let you know if that works.
    02-18-2017 11:31 AM
    Wow. After turning off, the calls go through. And now the calls go through even if VoLTE is enabled. I will do more testing.

BTW, are you in EMUI 4 or 5?
    02-18-2017 11:51 AM
    Had a long chat with TMobile reps. Since this is not a TMobile branded phone, they say the recommendation is to turn off VoLTE for now if it doesn't work as expected. They also assured me it doesn't affect my current service in any ways as it is an additional value that works on TMobile phones.

I can live with this for now and we should raise this issue with Honor I guess.
    02-18-2017 03:22 PM
    I am on EMUI 5 with Nougat. I seem to recall when I first got the phone before Digits, I had an intermittent calling issue with a few numbers as well. Turning off VoLTE is not really thrilling since it was one of the selling points for me on this phone.
    02-18-2017 07:11 PM
    I am on EMUI 5 with Nougat. I seem to recall when I first got the phone before Digits, I had an intermittent calling issue with a few numbers as well. Turning off VoLTE is not really thrilling since it was one of the selling points for me on this phone.
    Sorry to say but this is an issue with emui 5. I have never had this issue with emui 4 and I am also on T-mobile.
    02-18-2017 10:31 PM
    Sorry to say but this is an issue with emui 5. I have never had this issue with emui 4 and I am also on T-mobile.
    Could be as I was with ATT when I had EMUI 4 in my Honor 8. I just switched few weeks ago.
    02-18-2017 10:32 PM
    Do you have this issue as well then?
    02-18-2017 10:32 PM
    Do you have this issue as well then?
    I haven't been able to test this, my sim hasn't been in that phone since installing the update.
    02-18-2017 11:57 PM
    I don't know what changed but VoLTE calls are now working in my Honor 8. May be it was something to do on T-Mobile servers, but is working now
    05-07-2017 06:42 PM
    This happened to me on T-Mobile, too! It went away when I switched to MintSIM, though.
    06-22-2017 09:56 AM