Honor 8 - Can't Factory Reset

HelpmyHonor

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
So I've pretty much hit a wall. I have unlocked bootoader, and everytime I try to enter into factory resetting via volume + power button, it'll boot into "your device is booting now..." and it'll stay there. Same thing if I try to do it via the settings.

Whenever I try to install custom recovery or anything, I get this message.

C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery TWRP-CN.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (29218 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.789s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.804s

I've tried all sorts of twrp files. My phone has locked me out of changing anything from adb commands it seems. How do I fix this?

My FRP is also locked, if that matters. I've tried to delete all accounts from my phone, as well as the "find my phone" option.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
So I've pretty much hit a wall. I have unlocked bootoader, and everytime I try to enter into factory resetting via volume + power button, it'll boot into "your device is booting now..." and it'll stay there. Same thing if I try to do it via the settings.

Whenever I try to install custom recovery or anything, I get this message.

C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery TWRP-CN.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (29218 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.789s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.804s

I've tried all sorts of twrp files. My phone has locked me out of changing anything from adb commands it seems. How do I fix this?

My FRP is also locked, if that matters. I've tried to delete all accounts from my phone, as well as the "find my phone" option.

Make sure you are using the proper TWRP files. Also TWRP for nougat is still a beta and has issues. The best source is definitely THE XDA thread for honor 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos