SMS/Text message disappearing from Messenger APP.

A

AC Question

Hey guys!

After the recent update my phone acts kinda weird. The (facebook)messenger app is and has been my main "messaging" app which means that both SMS/Text messages has been there like a conversation.

After the recent update the normal SMS/Text messages show up in the (facebook)messenger app when some one texts me, but after a while they just disappear from the app. So the only conversations in the (facebook)messenger app is the (facebook)messenger ones, not the SMS/Text messages.

This is so frustrating because when someone texts me in the normal SMS/Text message way, the conversation is only there when i write in it, then it disappears. I have no clue how to fix this. Please help!

I have an honor 8 if that helps. Thanks guys!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! So sorry you are experiencing this! Have you tried logging out of Messenger and then logging in again to see if the problem persists?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

After the recent update my phone acts kinda weird. The (facebook)messenger app is and has been my main "messaging" app which means that both SMS/Text messages has been there like a conversation.

After the recent update the normal SMS/Text messages show up in the (facebook)messenger app when some one texts me, but after a while they just disappear from the app. So the only conversations in the (facebook)messenger app is the (facebook)messenger ones, not the SMS/Text messages.

This is so frustrating because when someone texts me in the normal SMS/Text message way, the conversation is only there when i write in it, then it disappears. I have no clue how to fix this. Please help!

I have an honor 8 if that helps. Thanks guys!

Any update on your situation, OP?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would root around in your Messenger settings - maybe there's an option to keep all messages "forever," so to speak; which would perhaps override the disappearance of the conversations.

andreykaaaa

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here on stable and on beta version too.
I think the problem is with how Messenger works on Honor 8.
Facebook ignores that problem, i've reported that bug to Facebook couple of months ago, but they didn't answered me anything. :(

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd change back to the honor text messaging app and keep your Facebook separate. That combination has never worked for me on any phone. Just save what you can and separate the two and use Honor's text messaging app. It'll fix everything.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Dconn - I've never combined the two as I feared for bugs/interference from Facebook. Having the two separate would solve your worries! :)

Lensbabyd

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem since updgrading from a Huawei p9 to the p10 plus....SMS inside fbook messenger just vanish. Have latest app, all apps and system updates etc. For now i'm using the stock messaging app for SMS but I really liked having SMS and Fbook messenger all integrated.

I have cleared memory caches and all sorts to no avail

npnigro

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Huawei P10. FB Messenger receives text messages, but they quickly disappear fromt he app. Huawei told me it was an issue with the bands supported by the phone and my carrier -- I don't think that's right. Has anyone figured out a workaround? I completely reset my phone to no avail.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Fb messenger is really unstable recently. I keep getting notification badges for messages that I've already read and they won't go away until I uninstall messenger and reinstall it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude