If you didn't have the Honor 8, what would it be?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't use Android. I would be done with trying. I have tried everything I wanted to try before and after the Honor 8 and nothing met the bar.

Even with Mobile World Congress ending, I had some fascination but nothing I would want to try because it's either too big, too tall or too much for me personally.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
When I bought my honor 8, my second choice would have been the BlackBerry DTEK60. I used to be a huge blackberry fan before switching to a galaxy s5, so that would have been a good blend. Not regretting the Honor at all though, made the right choice.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I've used the One Plus X, One plus 3, Samsung S7, Sony X and XZ and I wouldn't go back to any of them.

If I had to choose I would pick the Sony X. I prefer a mid to small screen size that's why I chose the Honor 8 in the first place.

To me, the Honor 8 has it all. Great specs, speed and good compact feel without the loss of screen resolution and clarity.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Great thread topic! It was between this phone or the Asus Zenfone 3... So if I wasn't using the Honor 8, I'd be using that. And I'm sure I would've been happy with the Zenfone 3 - it was a really tough choice between the two.

ce_tx

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Probably would have been the iPhone SE if not for the Honor 8. When I jumped the Windows ship, I was looking for something with nice specs and smallish size at or around $400. I got the better value, for sure.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Right now I jump between the Honor 8 and my Mate 9 pro, I use to love big phones but that Honor 8 keeps calling me back, even from the Mate 9 pro with a 2k screen.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Probably would have been the iPhone SE if not for the Honor 8. When I jumped the Windows ship, I was looking for something with nice specs and smallish size at or around $400. I got the better value, for sure.

Funny that you mention that. That's exactly the phone I would have stayed on permanently. I still have and use mine.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd be using either an iPhone 7 (smaller size) or the Moto Z Play as I had the thicker Verizon model briefly and it was a dang good device. I liked the mods and I used them on a regular basis too. If I ever decide to run two phones again I'll end up getting a Z Play. However, if the Mate 9 wasn't $599 I'd choose it but not over the Honor 8 though. I don't want a 5.9 inch screen for my daily phone what so ever. 5.5 is as large as I would consider in place of my Honor 8. Reason I'd go Moto is they have always produced a actually very good high end device for years. Very well proven track record and I like any company that innovative, Moto fitting that bill.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd be using either an iPhone 7 (smaller size) or the Moto Z Play as I had the thicker Verizon model briefly and it was a dang good device. I liked the mods and I used them on a regular basis too. If I ever decide to run two phones again I'll end up getting a Z Play. However, if the Mate 9 wasn't $599 I'd choose it but not over the Honor 8 though. I don't want a 5.9 inch screen for my daily phone what so ever. 5.5 is as large as I would consider in place of my Honor 8. Reason I'd go Moto is they have always produced a actually very good high end device for years. Very well proven track record and I like any company that innovative, Moto fitting that bill.

I agree with you! 5.5" is as big as I'll go, and I really like the looks of the Play. My friend has the Z Force and my other friend has the Play - both are great devices that I wouldn't mind trying in the future. I trust Motorola.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair