List of things that don't work in 5.0

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm giving emui 5.0 another shot, this time I want to compile a list of things that worked before and that don't now. Shoot them an email with some feedback.

Lockscreen music player for Spotify.
Reply to notifications on my gear S3. Forced the swiftkey keyboard in emui 5.
Nougat Easter egg can't be unlocked.

But at least you can log into 2 Facebook accounts.

Edit: in group messaging it reloads the entire thread every single time I open it. If I have a text thread with a person that is group out side the group. All the messages populate there saying downloading then they appear in group message. This update is so ****ty I don't see how anyone likes it.

Removed the performance power profile.
Removed the mini icons for notifications in notification bar.
Removed the ability to silence the phone from the power menu after holding the power button down.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard about the Spotify issue. I'm trying to stop my screen from waking up whenever I receive anything other than an SMS notification. Would be interested in hearing others' additions, as well. I like EMUI 5.0, however I am unsure if I like it more than 4.1.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
4.1 was special. That's all that's to it. 4.1 was good enough to not be branded Android but EMUI 4.1 software and was in a league of its own. That being said we will have to wait for the the next upgrade I bet to see a lot of 4.1 features come back. 4.1 was just that different. However 5.0 isn't bad at all and still is very much EMUI.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I can assure you that in b360 it does not work period. All lock screens that hadusic players that work with Spotify do not work on b360. Sounds like they fixed that with 380, which givese hope.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
4.1 was special. That's all that's to it. 4.1 was good enough to not be branded Android but EMUI 4.1 software and was in a league of its own. That being said we will have to wait for the the next upgrade I bet to see a lot of 4.1 features come back. 4.1 was just that different. However 5.0 isn't bad at all and still is very much EMUI.

I doubt that any of the features that made 4.1 so special will come back. I have read that 5.1 will actually use the finger print scanner as more of a hardware but with improved swipe functionality and the ability to use it as a home button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC