How is your Honor 8 holding up?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the Midnight Black Honor 8 in December 2016. Love it so far. Has been a good and aged a little bit more than usual as I use it with and without a case. Absolutely love that there is no camera bump with the design!

It did fall once with screen down but luckily have no damage except for one visible scratch when viewed from a certain angle and another not so visible scratch in the screen. The back also has worn out a little with few not so visible scratches.

Camera is still outstanding and have taken some great pictures with this tiny dual camera. Use the wide aperture mode a lot.

Other than that, I still love my Honor 8 and I guess it's going to be with me for a while.
5b3897b5a3826f03d70abab31c87a99a.jpg
7db0674b6b9ec0957eace022d31c5604.jpg

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
From what I can see, it's doing fine. I no longer own the Honor 8, as I gave mine to my brother-in-law who needed a new phone.

The last time I used it was a month ago. It has lived in a case 98% of the time though.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I think my honor had better battery life when they're on marshemellow. Also, nougat sometime gives me a stuttering lag when I try to open apps.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep, battery life is what I want to know about. I returned mine because the battery was sub par on Nougat. I just bought one again (Newegg deal) as a backup.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my white Honor 8 in December 2016, and it's been about four months now. It's still working well! The battery life isn't as great with 5.0, but it's still quite good! I have no complaints thus far. I'm truly happy with my purchase.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Honor 8 for about 3 months. No problems. It's been in a case since day one so I'm lucky. No dings, dents or scratches.

Performance has been really good. I'm still on the B360 software version Android 7. No complaints really on battery life. Had some small WiFi issues but that was my router not the phone.

Extremely happy with my purchase.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is holding up well. No damage. But I get bored with phones easily, so I'm looking at something else. While I like the dual camera on it, I notice the limitations when it comes to low light and macro shots. But hey, for the price, it's a good camera. Battery life isn't as good with Android 7.0 and some things don't work as well as with EMUI 4.1. I also want a phone with a louder external speaker. But I'll miss the Smart Key features.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
From what I can see, it's doing fine. I no longer own the Honor 8, as I gave mine to my brother-in-law who needed a new phone.

The last time I used it was a month ago. It has lived in a case 98% of the time though.

What phone are you currently using? I see you on iMore :) I'm thinking of switching to the 7 Plus, but I know you prefer the smaller SE. (I sound like a stalker now--ha!)

Last edited:

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
What phone are you currently using? I see you on iMore :) I'm thinking of switching to the 7 Plus, but I know you prefer the smaller SE. (I sound like a stalker now--ha!)
Haha not a stalker just an observer.

I am currently using the Pixel (not the XL) but I still own and like the SE a lot.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Bought my 8 in November, so far still holding up great. The battery slightly reduced after the 5 update, I feel that's common. No issues with the device and still enjoy using it. My wife even liked it so much that she bought a 6x to replace an iphone, for the larger screen, otherwise it would have been an 8 as well. I don't regret my 8 purchase one bit

madamocta

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since November, no complaints. Biggest issue so far has been the pesky Nougat update. I don't want to update, so I had to deal with a persistent reminders to update. I solved that by following a tutorial provided by one kind member from here, but I'm still stuck with a permissions request every time I change from WiFi to cellular (and back). As far as the exterior of the device, it has a double screen protector, tempered on the front and regular on the back. I tried using it like that (almost naked) for a while, but it ended up being too slippery for my liking. So now it sits in a clear Nilkin case, no complaints. Overall still a great device, so much that I recommend it left and right.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
How are you liking the Pixel?

I like it a lot but I'm still not sure that is worth as much as they price it at. The best thing about it is one handed usage is great.

I was considering doing a thread about my experience going from one to the other but it seems like those threads aren't always well received.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt