How is your Honor 8 holding up?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like it a lot but I'm still not sure that is worth as much as they price it at. The best thing about it is one handed usage is great.

I was considering doing a thread about my experience going from one to the other but it seems like those threads aren't always well received.

I can see what you're saying - one-handed use is very convenient!

If you want to do a comparison thread, go for it! Your opinion counts. :)

ce_tx

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Mine's holding up really well! Physically, just a couple of scratches on the screen protector and some scuffs on the case. Underneath all of that the phone itself is still as good as new. Operation-wise, no complaints. As others have mentioned, the battery life isn't what it used to be after the update, but it's still great. The fingerprint sensor seems to have gotten faster and more accurate to the point that I sometimes unlock the phone accidentally. Still very happy with the Honor 8!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So far pretty good although my battery just isn't what it used to be but I've also gone to one phone so my honor is seeing heavy usage now. I bought a 7 inch tablet for my second number instead of a second phone so my honor has a load of apps so I guess to be expected. I've had a few cases of a occasional freeze but it snaps out of it. I'm still loving it but at the same time I still may end up getting an iPhone 8 if the innovation is there. Depends if Honor stays their course. I saw something about the honor 8 pro which I'll have to research. Not sure what that's about yet as I've been off the grid with my dying mother. Hope all is good with everyone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So far pretty good although my battery just isn't what it used to be but I've also gone to one phone so my honor is seeing heavy usage now. I bought a 7 inch tablet for my second number instead of a second phone so my honor has a load of apps so I guess to be expected. I've had a few cases of a occasional freeze but it snaps out of it. I'm still loving it but at the same time I still may end up getting an iPhone 8 if the innovation is there. Depends if Honor stays their course. I saw something about the honor 8 pro which I'll have to research. Not sure what that's about yet as I've been off the grid with my dying mother. Hope all is good with everyone.

Glad your Honor 8 is still holding up! Mine also suffers the occasional glitch or hiccuping but it's able to recover pretty quickly. But I get what you're saying about battery life. It's good, but not as good as it was before. I think it was better for me under 4.1.

Again, please reach out if you ever want to talk about your mom. We're here for you!

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I received my phone yesterday, the black phone really looks great when compared to the white and blue version. I'm currently setting it up as a backup (primary is S7E) but might use it for a week or two depending on when I get bored lol. The phone definitely feels snappier but lags while installing/updating apps. Setting it same as my S7E (with Google Now launcher and emails, apps, etc.) might take me a few hours this weekend but I'm definitely giving it another try.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Had mine since November 2016, kept in a spigen case from new. No Screen protector​. No noticeable scratches or scuffs, front or back. Runs just as smoothly as new. very happy!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I received my phone yesterday, the black phone really looks great when compared to the white and blue version. I'm currently setting it up as a backup (primary is S7E) but might use it for a week or two depending on when I get bored lol. The phone definitely feels snappier but lags while installing/updating apps. Setting it same as my S7E (with Google Now launcher and emails, apps, etc.) might take me a few hours this weekend but I'm definitely giving it another try.

I've said this before, but I think that Honor 8's version of midnight black is probably the sleekest, most beautiful black phone out there. Hope you enjoy your phone!

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Glad you are loving it! It'd be a shame to put a case on that beauty. I'm still using the clear case on my Honor. Wanted to buy another one but just don't have the heart to cover up the white. :(

I actually ordered the Bear Motion case to go with the black version I have:

71m3rZ39mnL._SL1500_.jpg

When I had the white version, I was using the Nillkin case with it and it looked good.

91aBwGqFCIL._SL1500_.jpg

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
These are beautiful cases! Thank you so much for showing them to me! I really like the white one! How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?
I believe it was 8 or 9 bucks with shipping. I still have the golden case lying around in original packaging, didn't use it for more than a week. Let me know if you're interested, I can mail it to you if pay for the shipping.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe it was 8 or 9 bucks with shipping. I still have the golden case lying around in original packaging, didn't use it for more than a week. Let me know if you're interested, I can mail it to you if pay for the shipping.

Wow, that's so gorgeous! Thank you so much! I'd totally take you up on that, but I live in Canada and so I'm not sure how that would work haha.

Patriot1669

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting Honor 8. Can anyone advise if it can function normally under rainy conditions, like if the screen gets wet or splashed with water? I'm currently using sony ZR

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting Honor 8. Can anyone advise if it can function normally under rainy conditions, like if the screen gets wet or splashed with water? I'm currently using sony ZR

Honor 8 is not waterproof or splash proof or dust proof. So, I don't think I would recommend Honor 8 under such conditions.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I've used my Honor 8 under light snow and rain conditions and didn't notice any lagging or stuttering. But as others have said, I wouldn't recommend using it under extreme water contact.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon