Ive an opportunity to trade my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge for a near new honor 8. Should I do the trade. I. Ant Dhand Samsung and since my wife has bought an iPhone its been sitting in the drawer.

Any i out would be appreciated.
    04-14-2017 08:18 PM
    I have no problems recommending the Honor 8 in that trade. At this point, the GS6, albeit a good phone, is starting to show its age due to recent updates. Samsung devices do tend to show a bit of sluggishness over time too. As someone who has owned the Honor in the past, its really a slick little device. The biggest downgrade is really in the screen resolution as the Honor 8 panel is only 1080p. However, I think you'll notice a big bump in the battery department. Both phones posses fairly heavy skins on top of Android so I don't think you'll notice anything different there. The fingerprint gestures on the Honor 8 scanner are also a very unique feature. I'm a big fan!
    04-14-2017 09:15 PM
    My mom has the S6 Edge - it's a great phone! However, I too think that that's a pretty good deal to make for an Honor 8. Both phones perform well.

My advice to you is to get a really good look at the phone prior to purchasing it - make sure it turns on/off correctly, charges, loads up, etc. Inspect it for any damage and get your buyer's contact information, just in case.

Welcome to the world of Honor! Let us know what you decide!
    bmhillegass87 likes this.
    04-14-2017 09:28 PM
    You will find EMUI and Honor refreshing from Samsung's TouchWiz. Maybe you may feel the screen a bit small, but other than that its a wonderful device!
    04-15-2017 01:01 AM
    EMUI (Huawei's Honor skin) does not have an app drawer (all your icons show on your home screen).
    EMUI does have an app drawer now since the Nougat update with EMUI 5.0.
    04-15-2017 01:02 AM
    Great point out, thank you! Had it launch week only.
    04-15-2017 06:56 AM
    I have no problems recommending the Honor 8 in that trade. At this point, the GS6, albeit a good phone, is starting to show its age due to recent updates. Samsung devices do tend to show a bit of sluggishness over time too. As someone who has owned the Honor in the past, its really a slick little device. The biggest downgrade is really in the screen resolution as the Honor 8 panel is only 1080p. However, I think you'll notice a big bump in the battery department. Both phones posses fairly heavy skins on top of Android so I don't think you'll notice anything different there. EMUI (Huawei's Honor skin) does not have an app drawer (all your icons show on your home screen). However, this is easily fixed by installing a launcher if you choose. The fingerprint gestures on the Honor 8 scanner are also a very unique feature. I'm a big fan!
    It does have an app drawer now.
    04-15-2017 07:00 AM
    Honor 8 is a great phone, but since I get bored with phones quickly I'm already looking at something else. The camera on the Honor 8 will be a downgrade, so that's worth considering if it's important to you. Also, no wireless charging or Samsung Pay.
    04-15-2017 07:42 AM
    Edited my above information. Thanks to the community for great feedback! As a bonus I've attached some pictures of when I had the Honor. The one does show some incredible battery life. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the current state of that after a few updates, but it was initially very impressive! Your mileage may vary.

Should i trade-img_0112.jpgShould i trade-screenshot_2016-09-05-13-53-26.jpg
    04-15-2017 08:01 AM
    I say do it. I think you might be kinda thrilled.
    bmhillegass87 and Morty2264 like this.
    04-15-2017 04:01 PM