charging issue? USB connection settings?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Okay I believe I've found my charging issue. This screen or the settings for it continues to stay in my upper left side info bar. So I go to it and by the way I cannot find this screen in settings anywhere. So when I open it the blue button is auto set on reverse charging. If I'm not charging I try to change it to charge USB only and it reverts back to reverse Charing input. If I hit USB charge and immediately plug the charger in it stays and then my phone will then charge. If I wait until it reverts back to reverse charge then plug it in to charge I get nothing at all. Has anyone dealt with this before? Seen this screen in settings? Does anyone know why I'm getting this in my open left side bars? This is blocking me from a normal plug in and charge. I have to manually open this up and set it then plug in to be able to charge. Is this a software issue or just a setting issue that I'm totally unaware of that the default method of charge can be changed? Its defaulting to reverse charging right now. Can anyone throw out some suggestions as to what is going on here? I have done a factory reset and this window still shows up at the top. Here's a picture for reference. Help please.
0c4314dcc9edca2f023d87e64f4fb5cb.jpg

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please read guys! You knowledge is greatly needed!!

I can go home and check but have you tried to factor reset?

Nvm. I didn't read the last sentence. If factory reset didn't work, I guess it's more of firmware issue.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Please read guys! You knowledge is greatly needed!!

Have you checked out this thread at XDA?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-8/help/honor-8-stuck-reverse-charging-mode-t3556479

Edit: looks like there is no solution other than replacement.
That is very interesting. Very nice find. So definitely software generated. I thought so bc I could not locate this screen in settings anywhere. Its been a huge pain too and it cost me $400 dollars because I had to go out and buy the Z Play. Do you guys think a hard reset would clear it up?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I would certainly try a hard reset, though I though you said you've already done one? And some people at XDA said it didn't solve the problem. Definitely worth a shot though.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would certainly try a hard reset, though I though you said you've already done one? And some people at XDA said it didn't solve the problem. Definitely worth a shot though.

I had only done a full factory reset which didn't clear it up, however I did go ahead and do a hard reset with recovery and that was a no go too. Indeed my software has been altered so I'm forced to send it in now which in the first place just gets under my skin because it cost me $400 dollars with my Moto Z Play which I do love buying and trying new devices out but only when I want to not because I am forced to by a unit that is not near old enough to be having issues without a hassle free replacement. Now I've got to take pictures of it and try and find a receipt to take a picture of and send it in for warranty. According to the link the nice poster provided indicates I'm not the only one with the same exact issue and I honestly do not know what sparked it so any of us it seems could all the sudden get this same software interruption and believe me it's a huge hassle. I lived with it for a week and finally I said no more and went out and bought the Moto Z Play which I love. My only miss is EMUI because it's butter smooth compared to choppy Android and EMUI, I'm sorry but it isn't Android in the least. I'll say it again. EMUI is definitely strong and different enough to totally be branded and offered as a third major software choice in the mobile tech world.