Since I'll be getting a new unit I'll have to transfer my favorite font back over to it. Can the poster who explained it so well to me please repost that again so I'll be ready to transfer the font on Tuesday when my honor arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-26-2017 10:52 PM
    When I go to download my font it's not allowing me to rename it. It keeps saying failed. What am I doing wrong if anyone can help me please. I'm trying to download comic sans font. Please help if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Don
    05-30-2017 01:12 PM
    When I go to download my font it's not allowing me to rename it. It keeps saying failed. What am I doing wrong if anyone can help me please. I'm trying to download comic sans font. Please help if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Don
    So long as you aren't using disallowed characters there shouldn't be any reason you can't rename the file. What file explorer app are you using, and what precisly are you trying to rename the font file to?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    05-30-2017 01:14 PM
    So long as you aren't using disallowed characters there shouldn't be any reason you can't rename the file. What file explorer app are you using, and what precisly are you trying to rename the font file to?
    Let me show you. I've got the file renamed now to hwt. I'm now trying to move it or copy it to hwthemes but I can't locate that that folder upon me clicking move or copy to??? Does that make sense? I've got it downloaded and renamed but I just can't get it over to hw themes for some reason which if I could would enable me to choose it as my font. Somehow I did it right on my last honor 8 but this one I've hit a brick wall. Please help man.
    05-30-2017 01:54 PM
    Here ya go. From this point I cannot get it over to hw themes. What am I missing?
    05-30-2017 01:56 PM
    05-30-2017 02:32 PM
    Let me show you. I've got the file renamed now to hwt. I'm now trying to move it or copy it to hwthemes but I can't locate that that folder upon me clicking move or copy to??? Does that make sense? I've got it downloaded and renamed but I just can't get it over to hw themes for some reason which if I could would enable me to choose it as my font. Somehow I did it right on my last honor 8 but this one I've hit a brick wall. Please help man.
    First, I strongly advise using a different file browser if that's the stock one you are using. I personally recommend Root Explorer ($3.99 USD), or it's free version Explorer. Navigate the base internal storage path to locate "hwthemes". Open another internal storage tab, find the font file, long-press it then tap the scissors button. Now tap on the tab that has the theme folder open and tap the paste button.
    05-30-2017 04:43 PM
    So is 5.0 preventing me from finding the folder just by the download and simply moving that file to hwthemes?
    05-30-2017 06:06 PM
    So is 5.0 preventing me from finding the folder just by the download and simply moving that file to hwthemes?
    Doubt it, have you done this successfully before?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    05-30-2017 06:16 PM
    Doubt it, have you done this successfully before?
    Only on 4.1. Not 5.0.
    05-30-2017 06:42 PM
    When I highlight it and hit the three buttons to move or copy, hwthemes is not an option. How do I get around that?
    05-30-2017 06:43 PM
    When I highlight it and hit the three buttons to move or copy, hwthemes is not an option. How do I get around that?
    Apologies, what do you mean by "it"? The font, or the hwthemes directory? Could you provide a screen cap of your internal storage?
    05-30-2017 07:34 PM
    I mean when I select the hwt file to move or copy to themes when I select it to move my options it gives me hwthemes is not listed.
    05-30-2017 08:27 PM

Got it guys and pretty girls! I was only moving from the selected directory and I tried the file manger internally and all the files I had transferred were there but the internal file manger pushed them through. This is my new font. Had to make it large but it's my favorite font. Called comic sans. So finally. Thank you to those who tried to help me. I appreciate your time.
    Mr Mendelli likes this.
    05-30-2017 09:48 PM
    Fixing your thread title (Need some help guys and pretty girls please).
    05-31-2017 02:30 PM
    Since I'll be getting a new unit I'll have to transfer my favorite font back over to it. Can the poster who explained it so well to me please repost that again so I'll be ready to transfer the font on Tuesday when my honor arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tried to search?
    05-31-2017 02:31 PM
    Mod note: Merged your duplicate font threads.
    05-31-2017 02:33 PM
    What's the problem with my thread header? Guys and pretty gals is very respectful. What's the problem?
    05-31-2017 02:53 PM
    There was no point in changing my thread header mod!!! Leave me be. I'm respectful and at least I interact. I can easily go away and don't think I won't let James know why either.
    05-31-2017 02:58 PM
    What's the problem with my thread header? Guys and pretty gals is very respectful. What's the problem?
    Your topic wasn't clear. "Need some help guys and pretty girls please" said nothing about wanting to put Comic Sans on your phone.
    05-31-2017 03:04 PM
    There was no point in changing my thread header mod!!! Leave me be. I'm respectful and at least I interact. I can easily go away and don't think I won't let James know why either.
    If you have any issues with this mod action, please PM @Amleuit who will esclate to James if needed.
    05-31-2017 03:05 PM
    As a person who has changed somewhere around 100,000 thread titles over the past 5 years, I can share my guidelines if that helps avoid this in the future.

1. Whenever possible, the device being talked about should be mentioned in the thread title
    2. Whenever possible, the thread title should be a complete sentence
    3. The entire main point or question of the thread should be represented in the thread title

Examples of good thread titles:

How do I change the font on my Honor 8?
    Is it possible to change the font to Comic Sans on the Honor 8?
    I would like to change my font to Comic Sans on my Honor 8

Examples of less than good thread titles:

Hey yo, what's up?
    Does this make sense?
    Wait until you see...

etc.

Two reasons:

1. The exact nature of the thread should be immediately clear to readers without any need to click on the thread to find out what it's about.
    2. The exact nature of the thread should make sense to a person searching for the same thing on search engines. Make the title a complete sentence that includes the key words someone else would be looking for. We're not about the click bait or confusion.

Hopefully that helps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2017 03:45 PM
    Hi Dconn. Please check your PMs (Private Messages). Thank you!
    Ry likes this.
    05-31-2017 04:28 PM