B385 Update is now rolling out to US Honor 8 devices

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Honor said there was an update that was being tested that would be out soon when I moaned to them on Twitter a few weeks back. I'm on B380 and check daily and so far nothing has arrived for updates.

So annoying they're so poor at updates!!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Honor said there was an update that was being tested that would be out soon when I moaned to them on Twitter a few weeks back. I'm on B380 and check daily and so far nothing has arrived for updates.

So annoying they're so poor at updates!!
You'll be updated to B385. Updates roll out slowly. And don't expect much deference. The OS is relatively the same.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I love the S8. I've been an LG guy for years but Samsung went software nav so I jumped in. It's my first Samsung device. Actually, I think using the Honor 8 kinda got me ready for the S8 in some ways. I find some of the software similar. Especially the way they both implement certain settings. Switching launcher and wallpaper. That kinda thing. Great device. Amazing display. Best camera I've ever had on a smartphone.

This is why I got the s8. Some features honor killed with 5.0 samsung implemented in the s8. That made me super excited.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Sorry! I'm in the UK so was on 360, then 380 appeared on HiCare but since then nothing.

Then you are on a different update schedule. But worry not, non-US phones typically get updates first, actually. I was on 360 long after other models had gotten newer versions. Our numbers won't match up, I suspect--your next update may be 389.

Phi1

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the UK, received 389 update yesterday. Not noticed to much apart from battery life is much better and comes with May security patch

Phi1

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
It's still early days, I would say on par with Marshmallow at the moment. My battery life to a big hit with nougat until now

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's still early days, I would say on par with Marshmallow at the moment. My battery life to a big hit with nougat until now

That's pretty good. My biggest complaint with nougat was the reduced battery life. Glad that they fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835