Though expensive, should I consider the HTC U11 or the Blackberry Keyone?

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, hate if you will I'm in love with my Honor 8. Awesome phone, reliable with excellent call quality. I have no complaints but I'm bored chaps...

Jeez I'm torn. Guess I'm in a lucky place to be able to afford either phone. What to do what to do.

Help. Should I stay with what we know the honorable Honor 8 or should I pull the trigger and but either the Keyone for blackberry or consider the HTC U11?

Both look awesome on paper. Sexy blue for the HTC. Blackberry a real keyboard. Darn.. Help!!!!!!

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
HTC U11 camera looking very good and only reason you should be getting keyone is a keyboard. Keyone is $550 and HTC U11 $650 but U11 has snapdragon 835 and keyone has snapdragon 625.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
HTC U11 camera looking very good and only reason you should be getting keyone is a keyboard. Keyone is $550 and HTC U11 $650 but U11 has snapdragon 835 and keyone has snapdragon 625.
I say grab that HTC! I looked at it and read up on it and it's better than the honor in almost every category. Get the HTC. The phone I want if I'm paying that type of money is the new Samsung S8. I handled it and it felt wonderful plus it's jammed and speced out. Depends on the screen size. I'd stay clear of blackberry products. I don't see them being around much longer honestly.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Both of your options are amazing, OP! I too am badly tempted by the HTC U11. Which phone can you see yourself using long-term? Which one do you feel is one you'd love to look at for a year or more?

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Both of your options are amazing, OP! I too am badly tempted by the HTC U11. Which phone can you see yourself using long-term? Which one do you feel is one you'd love to look at for a year or more?

Morty, the HTC looks like a well built phone that will last for many years. Typically I like to change phones every year or so so, am I spending way to much on a phone! That midnight blue on the HTC looks georgeous. The blackberry also look to be a good phone as well. Though the specs compared to the HTC is way different and a $100 less. Maybe I'll just wait and stick with Mr. Reliable Honor 8.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Morty, the HTC looks like a well built phone that will last for many years. Typically I like to change phones every year or so so, am I spending way to much on a phone! That midnight blue on the HTC looks georgeous. The blackberry also look to be a good phone as well. Though the specs compared to the HTC is way different and a $100 less. Maybe I'll just wait and stick with Mr. Reliable Honor 8.

I agree! I usually upgrade every year or every year and a half, so I too try to spend less on a phone if and when I do upgrade. I really like the quality and look of the U11. I watched a speed test between that and the G6 and you could really tell that the U11 had the faster processor. I think I will stick with my Honor 8 as well and just see what happens with the U11 pricing.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Although I can't stand Samsung and touch wiz software interface, the phone I want right now is the S8! Like really badly. I handled it and tested it out and visually and the way it felt in my hand was like butter. I could deal with touch wiz to have it and I would. Plus is jammed up spec wise. Resolution is unbelievably great. Fast processor. I want one. If you consider the HTC go check out that Samsung S8. It may very well surprise you. It did me on all accounts.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would love to try s8 VR functionality as well.
I checked another one out today and oh my it's so good feeling and looks awesome. Feels perfect in one hand and the display is unbelievable. I love my honor 8 but I do believe I'd get that S8 over my honor right now given I wanted to drop $800 bucks!!! There in lies the problem. The honor 8 gives you all that at more than half the cost. That in itself is hard common sense wise to ignore. I'm also interested in the Honor 9 being released on June 12th. Not sure if that means it'll be available in the US then though. I was reading that the specs are a little better than the 8 and the price point will still be under $400. That's one more logical to buy in my eyes. I'll use my current honor 8 for a while longer since it's now a 64g and basically new as I traded off my Moto Z Play for it this past week so I can only look at the Samsung for now but I'm sure I'll cave at some point this year possibly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol