So I'm on a pickle. To make a long story but, I'm looking replace my badly damaged (and still fully paid for) Note 5. So I'm thinking about the Honor 8. At $300 is it worth it?
    Dconn1975 and Morty2264 like this.
    06-01-2017 07:44 PM
    It's a nice phone, but if you've never used a Huawei/Honor phone before, your going to have to get used to Huawei's battery management and notification issues. If you're familiar with all that, you might like the 8.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    06-01-2017 08:09 PM
    So I'm on a pickle. To make a long story but, I'm looking replace my badly damaged (and still fully paid for) Note 5. So I'm thinking about the Honor 8. At $300 is it worth it?
    I think you will enjoy it a lot. I'm on my second one and ive tested a lot of devices. Right now the 64g is on sale for like 320. Go for it. EMUI is like butter to me much more better than touch wiz will ever be. Your biggest obstacle is screen size. Coming from that large note 5 to 5.2 honor 8 will be your biggest change. It's one of the best phones on the market I can tell you from personal experience. I've used all of Apple iOS products and all that Android offers. EMUI isn't Android. It's in its own league and it's as smooth as butter. It's not choppy and sticky like touch wiz and stock Android. It's a hybrid software that really should be a third choice in the mobile tech industry as a software choice. I say at the price the 64g is right now on Amazon DEFINITELY get it. The 32g is the same price at the moment for some odd reason. Please get it you won't regret and you'll be praising it I assure you. I tried leaving it but I came right back to it. Again I've tested just about every model out there. Trust me when I say you will love it. Good luck man. PM me if you have specific questions. I'll help you.
    ichthyosaurus and Byrese like this.
    06-01-2017 08:48 PM
    I will of course be biased here, but I have had my Honor 8 for about five and a half months and love it! I paid $400 for it at the time and it was worth every penny.

My favourite thing about the Honor 8 is how unique it is. You get a brand that not a lot of people know about; a UI that is original and amazing (EMUI is great! And customizable! And fun!); the design is gorgeous and the size (5.2") is my preferred sweet spot for phones. The dual cameras take great shots. I'm not a huge camera enthusiast - if a phone is great but the camera is so-so, it won't bother me if I buy it - but this phone has given me some great shots. My boyfriend has an iPhone SE and he tells me he really likes the quality of my photos - and coming from an iPhone user, that's huge!

I would say that the Honor 8 is a great phone - it delivers flagship-level specs at an affordable price. Even though I usually get the itch to upgrade phones at the six-month mark, and even though I see some phones out now that I'd like, I honestly can't give up my Honor 8. I'll keep it and use it until it gives on me. I would personally recommend it to anyone who is interested in a unique user experience that would differ from more mainstream Android devices.
    06-01-2017 09:17 PM
    I will of course be biased here, but I have had my Honor 8 for about five and a half months and love it! I paid $400 for it at the time and it was worth every penny.

My favourite thing about the Honor 8 is how unique it is. You get a brand that not a lot of people know about; a UI that is original and amazing (EMUI is great! And customizable! And fun!); the design is gorgeous and the size (5.2") is my preferred sweet spot for phones. The dual cameras take great shots. I'm not a huge camera enthusiast - if a phone is great but the camera is so-so, it won't bother me if I buy it - but this phone has given me some great shots. My boyfriend has an iPhone SE and he tells me he really likes the quality of my photos - and coming from an iPhone user, that's huge!

I would say that the Honor 8 is a great phone - it delivers flagship-level specs at an affordable price. Even though I usually get the itch to upgrade phones at the six-month mark, and even though I see some phones out now that I'd like, I honestly can't give up my Honor 8. I'll keep it and use it until it gives on me. I would personally recommend it to anyone who is interested in a unique user experience that would differ from more mainstream Android devices.
    That was well written and I think perfectly said. Well done to you!
    raves68 and Morty2264 like this.
    06-01-2017 09:49 PM
    Honor 9 will be released at the end of June. So, if you are thinking about getting one now, I would wait to see what's up with Honor 9.
    Guytronic and Morty2264 like this.
    06-01-2017 10:06 PM
    I think you will enjoy it a lot. I'm on my second one and ive tested a lot of devices. Right now the 64g is on sale for like 320. Go for it. EMUI is like butter to me much more better than touch wiz will ever be. Your biggest obstacle is screen size. Coming from that large note 5 to 5.2 honor 8 will be your biggest change. It's one of the best phones on the market I can tell you from personal experience. I've used all of Apple iOS products and all that Android offers. EMUI isn't Android. It's in its own league and it's as smooth as butter. It's not choppy and sticky like touch wiz and stock Android. It's a hybrid software that really should be a third choice in the mobile tech industry as a software choice. I say at the price the 64g is right now on Amazon DEFINITELY get it. The 32g is the same price at the moment for some odd reason. Please get it you won't regret and you'll be praising it I assure you. I tried leaving it but I came right back to it. Again I've tested just about every model out there. Trust me when I say you will love it. Good luck man. PM me if you have specific questions. I'll help you.
    Thanks for the well informed reply. I'm pretty knowledgeable about phones but never tried a Huawei, although I've been inisterested. All of the reviews for it have been pretty good. I could get it cheaper if i got a used one but I have a trip next week and I need a reliable phone, so full price it will be. My Note is no longer reliable.

I'll PM u a few questions.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:13 PM
    Thanks for the well informed reply. I'm pretty knowledgeable about phones but never tried a Huawei, although I've been inisterested. All of the reviews for it have been pretty good. I could get it cheaper if i got a used one but I have a trip next week and I need a reliable phone, so full price it will be. My Note is no longer reliable.

I'll PM u a few questions.
    Yes indeed please do my friend. I'll answer any questions you have. Let me know here that you sent me a PM so I'll know you sent it. I will definitely say you will not in any way regret getting one and especially at $320 for a 64g on Amazon right now. Don't save the $20 dollars and get the 32g but go ahead and grab the 64g while you can at this price right now. I put a 64g micro SD card in my 64g so I'm good to go. You'll love it I assure you. The interface is exciting and enjoyable to use. You'll find that you will like the honor interface wise better than your note. Let me know if I can help you.
    raves68 likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:31 PM
    Yes indeed please do my friend. I'll answer any questions you have. Let me know here that you sent me a PM so I'll know you sent it. I will definitely say you will not in any way regret getting one and especially at $320 for a 64g on Amazon right now. Don't save the $20 dollars and get the 32g but go ahead and grab the 64g while you can at this price right now. I put a 64g micro SD card in my 64g so I'm good to go. You'll love it I assure you. The interface is exciting and enjoyable to use. You'll find that you will like the honor interface wise better than your note. Let me know if I can help you.
    I just sent a PM
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-01-2017 11:35 PM
    is it worth it? Yes!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-02-2017 01:16 AM
    I just sent a PM
    Sent you a PM back. Let me know anything and all you need and I'll tell you.

Don
    Byrese likes this.
    06-02-2017 09:36 AM
    Definitely worth it. For me knuckle screen shot is very useful since I take a lot of pictures. Also, if finger print push options for extra short cut.
    06-02-2017 11:29 PM
    So I got an Honor 8 today! It's a very nice phone A really good "mid-ranger" in terms of design, etc. I can see why people have issues with the software though. If you're used to stock android (Pixel) or something else like Samsung, EMUI is a change. I don't feel anyways about it at the moment, although I will say it's very smooth. Very iPhone like.

But here's my biggest problem (and it might be a deal breaker), I can feel the openings at the bottom (the headphone jack, power input and speakers) scrapping on my pinky finger and it's very annoying. More than annoying, it's actually irritating and uncomfortable. Already I can tell you...this is a problem. Maybe a case will help.

We'll see!
    Guytronic, libra89 and Dconn1975 like this.
    06-02-2017 11:32 PM
    So I got an Honor 8 today! It's a very nice phone A really good "mid-ranger" in terms of design, etc. I can see why people have issues with the software though. If you're used to stock android (Pixel) or something else like Samsung, EMUI is a change. I don't feel anyways about it at the moment, although I will say it's very smooth. Very iPhone like.

But here's my biggest problem (and it might be a deal breaker), I can feel the openings at the bottom (the headphone jack, power input and speakers) scrapping on my pinky finger and it's very annoying. More than annoying, it's actually irritating and uncomfortable. Already I can tell you...this is a problem. Maybe a case will help.

We'll see!
    Get either a solid tpu rubber case which I have several and I'll send you one. I found them very slim so I bought several of them at the time. I have one to spare. PM me again your addy and I'll stick one in the mail to you. It'll take care of your issue. It's soft and fills in the gaps well. You'll like it. I have limited colors but at least it will get you a case to take care of your issue. Don't let that be your deal breaker.

Don
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    06-03-2017 03:55 AM
    Get either a solid tpu rubber case which I have several and I'll send you one. I found them very slim so I bought several of them at the time. I have one to spare. PM me again your addy and I'll stick one in the mail to you. It'll take care of your issue. It's soft and fills in the gaps well. You'll like it. I have limited colors but at least it will get you a case to take care of your issue. Don't let that be your deal breaker.

Don
    Good look and thanks for the help. This forum section of the forum is very helpful. Dont worry with sending me something. After I noticed the issue I put on the same case your taking about,.seeing that it came with the phone for free. It REALLY helped.

I'll report back on how I like it after a few days of use.
    Morty2264 and Dconn1975 like this.
    06-03-2017 11:49 AM
    Good look and thanks for the help. This forum section of the forum is very helpful. Dont worry with sending me something. After I noticed the issue I put on the same case your taking about,.seeing that it came with the phone for free. It REALLY helped.

I'll report back on how I like it after a few days of use.
    Great deal. I hope you enjoy your new device. It's a good one for sure.
    06-03-2017 11:57 AM
    They should make one that works in VZW network
    06-03-2017 12:00 PM
    They should make one that works in VZW network
    I sure wish they did make a Verizon compatible device.
    recDNA and Dconn1975 like this.
    06-08-2017 10:47 PM
    I sure wish they did make a Verizon compatible device.
    They soon will. Check out the post I'm about to create with the article link attached. Just exactly like I've been predicting Huawei has their site set on actually being number one which I predicted them at number 2 behind apple.
    06-08-2017 11:18 PM
    Just don't get a cheap clear case from Amazon like I did. It turned yellow on me. Seems to happen with all clear cases over time.
    06-18-2017 10:41 AM
    Takes a little getting used to and a little tweaking to get the notification issues sorted out in the beginning, but I learned to appreciate what EMUI was doing to save battery life. It's nice being notified that there is a power hungry app running in the background.
    06-18-2017 10:49 AM