Thinking about jumping ship from the Honor

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So ever since I touched the new Samsung S8 regular size phone I just have not been able to shake it from my mind. I've spent some time on that forum and although I didn't get to test the what I know to be terrible touch wiz interface, they have said it's quite smooth now. So I need some advice please. Do I shell out that much cash on a device when the Honor 8 is pure solid and enjoyable or am I just in a novelty phase at the moment? I need some sound advice on what to do. Stay with what I know I like or move to that over priced S8 that felt and looked awesome to me? What would you guys and pretty gals do? Stay with Honor or cave in and buy the novelty?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz has improved a lot over the past few years. However, I can understand the apprehension to getting a new phone that you are not sure about. I curious if you can get a hold of refurbished ones yet? That way you could still possibly get it but save some cash at the same time.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
TouchWiz has improved a lot over the past few years. However, I can understand the apprehension to getting a new phone that you are not sure about. I curious if you can get a hold of refurbished ones yet? That way you could still possibly get it but save some cash at the same time.
I'd love that. I read where boost Mobile has them on sale for 520 right now but that's still so much more than the honor and you just get so much from this device. That's a good idea. I'll probably keep waiting in hopes it'll just wear off of me and just wait until they start dropping in price like the S7s have now which will be quite a while. My newest honor 8 is just a month or two old so I'm trying to stay practical rather than impulsive.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You have to decide if you want to ride the latest specs, innovative display and lots of features train :)

If the answer is yes, then S8 is a great choice.

OS version wise, for me personally, EMUI performance wins hands down.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You have to decide if you want to ride the latest specs, innovative display and lots of features train :)

If the answer is yes, then S8 is a great choice.

OS version wise, for me personally, EMUI performance wins hands down.
Very well said. Sacrificing for a novelty of a lot of money is hard to justify for sure. Thanks, I needed to hear that!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Are you gonna stick with Honor? :)
I watched a detailed review on the S8 and the unlocked model doesn't get updates as fast as carriers do plus there is no wireless charging and no blaster. That was only three things or features it didn't have then I stopped watching. For $800 dollars I would expect all of those features to be readily present so for now I'm waiting until they go on sale like the S7s have hit so low and staying with my Honor 8. I think I'm going to stick to my original plan and try and pick up the Mate 9 as my second device as I like having two, one smaller and one larger. I also watched a performance review between the mate 9 and honor 8 and they were dead on top of each other so the honor 8 is indeed a good device and especially for the money comparably speaking to pretty much any flagship out there including the mate 9. I just want the mate 9 bc its 5.9 inches and performs like the honor 8 does so movies and web surfing would be cool with the mate 9 but its not cheap either at $599. Definitely staying with my honor and probably will try and grab a mate 9 pretty soon or I hope to.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
The S8 looks like an incredible phone and possibly the best Android phone on the market. I'm at a point in my life that I won't pay $800 for a phone. I got my honor 8 64 gig sapphire blue for $245 late November 2016. It will be very hard for me to spend more than $400 on my next phone. There's definitely nothing like the feeling of something new, but to me it isn't worth $500 more. That's just my humble opinion.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The S8 looks like an incredible phone and possibly the best Android phone on the market. I'm at a point in my life that I won't pay $800 for a phone. I got my honor 8 64 gig sapphire blue for $245 late November 2016. It will be very hard for me to spend more than $400 on my next phone. There's definitely nothing like the feeling of something new, but to me it isn't worth $500 more. That's just my humble opinion.
Well said. My honor 8 64g is only a couple months old but I'm on my second one where my first one was a 32g had software issue. I want a S8 but I highly doubt I will. I'll buy a mate 9 before the S8 just because I want my second device to be larger. Only reason I like the S8 is how it felt and looked the two days I handled it. I don't blame you. MAN you got a steal on your honor 8!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I watched a detailed review on the S8 and the unlocked model doesn't get updates as fast as carriers do plus there is no wireless charging and no blaster. That was only three things or features it didn't have then I stopped watching. For $800 dollars I would expect all of those features to be readily present so for now I'm waiting until they go on sale like the S7s have hit so low and staying with my Honor 8. I think I'm going to stick to my original plan and try and pick up the Mate 9 as my second device as I like having two, one smaller and one larger. I also watched a performance review between the mate 9 and honor 8 and they were dead on top of each other so the honor 8 is indeed a good device and especially for the money comparably speaking to pretty much any flagship out there including the mate 9. I just want the mate 9 bc its 5.9 inches and performs like the honor 8 does so movies and web surfing would be cool with the mate 9 but its not cheap either at $599. Definitely staying with my honor and probably will try and grab a mate 9 pretty soon or I hope to.

Agree with you! Having a Mate 9 would be way cool. A better choice than the S8, IMO.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Agree with you! Having a Mate 9 would be way cool. A better choice than the S8, IMO.
Yeah it's the more practical way to go as I need to get a large device back in my collection. If I were to get the S8 it would be purely off of novelty and then I'd have two small devices. The Mate 9 is most likely what I'll end up getting. I'm trying to see if it ever will go on sale though. Hasn't yet to my knowledge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20