06-21-2017 08:26 AM
61 123
tools
    the g2 won't perform like the g5 ever no matter how you root it or customize it. Due to its hardware limitation. sure you can root it and tweak the cpu and gpu. but you can't tweak them past what they are capable of. Not denying what a great phone it was but it doesn't co.pare to the 2016 g5 if it did they would have never made another phone after it.
    06-11-2017 09:07 PM
    That's why I decided to get the SE instead of the iPhone 5s as at some point apple will stop updating the 5s and the SE is still current.
    5s is the oldest phone getting the new iOS this year, probably won't be updated next year.
    06-11-2017 09:39 PM
    the g2 won't perform like the g5 ever no matter how you root it or customize it. Due to its hardware limitation. sure you can root it and tweak the cpu and gpu. but you can't tweak them past what they are capable of. Not denying what a great phone it was but it doesn't co.pare to the 2016 g5 if it did they would have never made another phone after it.
    Are you talking about the Moto G5 or the LG G5?
    06-11-2017 10:10 PM
    LG g5
    06-12-2017 12:39 AM
    Good luck with your iPhone. Ensure to hit up iMore.com! .
    06-14-2017 01:15 PM
    Yes SE is basically 6s hardware without 3d touch. Screen is much smaller so battery life is better than 6s. IPhone 5s performance isn't bad but battery just don't last a day for me.
    The SE also uses the old fps and the screen isn't as good, along with the lesser front CV camera
    06-14-2017 01:56 PM
    For a long while. Even the 5s which is an old phone now is getting IOS 11. That is unheard of in android world. That phone is almost 5 years old now.
    Yeah iOS gets updated usually much longer and also quicker than Android outside of the Nexus/ pixel.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-2017 01:59 PM
    Yeah iOS gets updated usually much longer and also quicker than Android outside of the Nexus/ pixel.
    Also for that reason, they hold better resale value.
    06-14-2017 03:18 PM
    Also for that reason, they hold better resale value.
    Honestly i think resell is more related to supply and demand. More people want an iPhone just because... It's an iPhone And an iPhone 6 looks very similar to the 6s and 7.

Many don't even bother to update the iPhone.
    06-14-2017 05:57 PM
    How does the battery life on your iPhone SE compare to the various Android phones you have used recently? I assume it doesn't hold a candle to the Moto Z Play, but what about the others?

Battery life has been excellent on the SE and in line with all of my other android devices except the Moro z play. I've been amazed at how well the battery holds up throughout the day. Some days I don't even touch a charger until that night only because I'm down in the upper 30s percentage wise. Typically I'll hit it once each day though it's not needed just to keep it above 75 percent. I like my phones to have 70 percent charge or more at all times. Once I hit 49 percent it's a mental thing for me. I find myself scrambling to get to a charger as it bothers me for some reason. This has not been the case for the SE. I find that the battery life on it is probably better than the honor 8 real term usage. Believe me I know the honor 8 well too. It's also because the SE is so much smaller but it does have the internals of the iPhone 6s which performance wise it's a beast. I love it. Now I'm in for a running on a contest over at Imore forums and I'm hoping to win a contest over there too like I did here. My hope is that I'll win an iPhone 7. I'm unsure of the prize but I know I'm in the hunt to win.
    06-15-2017 02:24 AM
    The SE certainly has good battery life, not sure if it is better than the Honor 8 but it is at least similar for me.
    06-15-2017 08:06 AM
    I have always stayed clear of iPhones because of the price ( way too expensive for me although Android flagships can be equally s expensive) . However I am tempted for the same reasons you mention
    • Screensize - I dislike large screens. Currently using a Moto G4 which is 5.5 inches and find it uncomfortable - probably going to sell it.
    • I have become totally disenchanted with the Android upgrade/fragmentation experience ( although in fairness the Moto has been good in this respect)
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-15-2017 08:07 AM
    I have always stayed clear of iPhones because of the price ( way too expensive for me although Android flagships can be equally s expensive) . However I am tempted for the same reasons you mention
    • Screensize - I dislike large screens. Currently using a Moto G4 which is 5.5 inches and find it uncomfortable - probably going to sell it.
    • I have become totally disenchanted with the Android upgrade/fragmentation experience ( although in fairness the Moto has been good in this respect)
    Honor 8 has perfect size 5.2 inch. I can get used to bigger but honor 8 very comfortable size.
    laytoncy likes this.
    06-15-2017 10:20 AM
    Honor 8 has perfect size 5.2 inch. I can get used to bigger but honor 8 very comfortable size.
    Not only is the honor 8 5.2" but it has small bezels. The moto g4 is 5.5" and has large bezels
    laytoncy likes this.
    06-15-2017 01:23 PM
    For ****s and giggles I picked up the iPhone se as a back up to my s8+. I kind of do miss the small screen and the ability to one hand a phone comfortably. I have hands that fall on the smaller side if the scale. while I have the s8+ I find myself having a difficult time reaching all parts of the screen. It's refreshing to use a device that just fits so nice in hand. snappy little ******* as well haha
    06-16-2017 11:26 PM
    For ****s and giggles I picked up the iPhone se as a back up to my s8+. I kind of do miss the small screen and the ability to one hand a phone comfortably. I have hands that fall on the smaller side if the scale. while I have the s8+ I find myself having a difficult time reaching all parts of the screen. It's refreshing to use a device that just fits so nice in hand. snappy little ******* as well haha
    Yeah the 4" size is great for one handed use. All the popular current phones aren't easy to use one handed.
    06-17-2017 12:09 AM
    I kind of am missing a bit larger screen which is why I might sell my SE. I just got it unlocked so I listed it in the market place. To be honest I might go back to a Nexus 6p.
    06-17-2017 05:09 PM
    I kind of am missing a bit larger screen which is why I might sell my SE. I just got it unlocked so I listed it in the market place. To be honest I might go back to a Nexus 6p.
    It certainly is small for the vast majority of people who have used larger devices. And certainly tiny compared to the 6p.
    06-17-2017 05:32 PM
    Wow, you change phones more than anyone I've seen. Wish I could afford to do the same! I'm telling you - try that LG G2. Big screen in a small form factor.
    laytoncy and krazyatom like this.
    06-17-2017 06:46 PM
    I returned mine to Apple already. Not to be a **** don't get a g2 it's no where near phones today regardless of you root it and tweek it and everything else. The hardware can't be upgraded there for it will never be as equal to anything current.
    06-18-2017 09:49 AM
    I returned mine to Apple already. Not to be a **** don't get a g2 it's no where near phones today regardless of you root it and tweek it and everything else. The hardware can't be upgraded there for it will never be as equal to anything current.
    And especially if you don't root it then it will be on really old software too. I can't recommend such an old Android device.
    06-18-2017 10:31 AM
    Also that phone has no expandable storage, the max is 32. It's been out for 4 years, and li-ion batteries have a 2-3 year life. You are going to have to buy a phone, limit what you put on it and replace the battery. Probably have to replace the LCD display, considering those are the top topics on XDA for the g2.

If you decide to root the phone, you will have even less storage on your device due to system images for back up. you will have the Android software along with what ever ROM you are putting on it as well. Then there is the lack of developer help for apps because it's such an old device.
    dpham00 likes this.
    06-18-2017 11:04 AM
    Also that phone has no expandable storage, the max is 32. It's been out for 4 years, and li-ion batteries have a 2-3 year life. You are going to have to buy a phone, limit what you put on it and replace the battery. Probably have to replace the LCD display, considering those are the top topics on XDA for the g2.

If you decide to root the phone, you will have even less storage on your device due to system images for back up. you will have the Android software along with what ever ROM you are putting on it as well. Then there is the lack of developer help for apps because it's such an old device.
    All excellent points. I enjoyed the g2 and it was good for it's time. I completely forgot about no expandable storage. Its been so long since I've used a g2.
    06-18-2017 11:26 AM
    I was basing that recommendation primarily on what I hear Dconn1975 likes in a phone, not what is the best phone out there today.
    06-18-2017 02:15 PM
    I was basing that recommendation primarily on what I hear Dconn1975 likes in a phone, not what is the best phone out there today.
    No problems. Some people here are still recommending the note 4. While it isn't a phone that i would recommend due to age, I am sure that some would still be happy with it.
    1901Madison likes this.
    06-18-2017 03:24 PM
61 123