Yesterday 08:26 AM
61 123
tools
    I was basing that recommendation primarily on what I hear Dconn1975 likes in a phone, not what is the best phone out there today.
    Understand but there are way better phones that meet his requirements that are current phones. ZTE axon mini or the regular axon. You have the honor line up, along with Huawei line up. There are so so so many manufactures out there.
    06-18-2017 03:52 PM
    Understand but there are way better phones that meet his requirements that are current phones. ZTE axon mini or the regular axon. You have the honor line up, along with Huawei line up. There are so so so many manufactures out there.
    Agreed. Perhaps I'm limited because I'm on Verizon. Not enough choices available to me, sadly.
    06-18-2017 03:54 PM
    Agreed. Perhaps I'm limited because I'm on Verizon. Not enough choices available to me, sadly.
    You and me both.

I really hope more unlocked phones start working on Verizon
    06-18-2017 05:09 PM
    That's why I am trying my best to pay off my sprint s8+. I miss unlocked phones so much. I can jump on with cricket or metro pcs
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-18-2017 05:19 PM
    That's why I am trying my best to pay off my sprint s8+. I miss unlocked phones so much. I can jump on with cricket or metro pcs
    You can get the unlocked s8 for $425 with a minimum $20 trade in. Adding in the trade in price puts you at $445. So not much more than the Honor 9 price, if the honor 9 goes for $400
    06-18-2017 07:43 PM
    You can get the unlocked s8 for $425 with a minimum $20 trade in. Adding in the trade in price puts you at $445. So not much more than the Honor 9 price, if the honor 9 goes for $400
    Do the Honor phones work on Verizon?
    06-18-2017 09:45 PM
    honor phones only work with CDMA. if they support Verizon's lelte bands then there is a chance they might work. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    06-18-2017 09:50 PM
    Do the Honor phones work on Verizon?
    Not fully no. The honor 8 does have LTE bands 2 and 4 which are secondary bands on Verizon. No CDMA either.
    06-19-2017 12:36 AM
    honor phones only work with CDMA. if they support Verizon's lelte bands then there is a chance they might work. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I think you meant to say that it only works with GSM.

There must be CDMA capable variants in China, but in the USA, it doesn't support CDMA
    06-19-2017 12:39 AM
    I currently use cricket but I've been with every carrier at some point. Reception wise the top two are Verizon and AT&T. I should say coverage wise. That is why I chose cricket as they run off AT&T towers and I've had excellent service and coverage since I made the switch well over 6 months ago now. I just traded my iPhone SE for a Blackberry Android Priv. It should arrive today as it was suppose to have arrived yesterday thanks to awful USPS. Anyways I do go through a lot of devices as I enjoy testing them out and posting about the experience. It's become expensive so I'm going to slow it down. I'm actually down to one device now as I used to keep two at all times. I'm getting better. Devices I still want are, the Mate 9, Samsung S8 regular and now I'm interested in the Honor 9 as I read it is smaller by a tad than the Honor 8. It's like 5.1 as opposed to 5.2 which does not sound a big difference but in real world it's quite noticable to me. Before I was exclusive to apple being that I'm 41 I was a Blackberry addict. I saw and went through their devices during the time when they were at the top or height of the market place. In fact I did not swap over from Blackberry until well after the release of the iphone 5. Even then I didn't want to swap but my last Blackberry which was touch screen with a physical keyboard which that is my addiction bricked on me so I made the change over then. Had it not bricked I'd probably have stuck with Blackberry until at least the iPhone 6 most likely. Anyways the Blackberry Priv has the physical keyboard that slides out so I'm super excited to see how fast that keyboard comes back to me as I seriously used to could type on that keyboard with my eyes closed I knew it so well. Of course it remains to be seen whether I fall back into Blackberrys grip again but I definitely was addicted to them for many years. Then iPhone up until the 6s and after about 6 months with it is when I decided to finally try out Android. I'm still personally not a fan of pure stock Android though. It's not refined and it's to me, choppy and sticky (not fluid). IOS and EMUI though are very fluid and they are smooth interface wise. I still will use stock Android but it's not my favorite software experience. I'm quite sure I'll end up getting the Honor 9 once it finally is released to the US which I don't see that happening any time soon. Huawei Honor is going to support their loyal fan base first before they get to the US. Soon though next couple of years they will be here with all the major carriers and I see them sky rocketing to the top and 3 to 5 years passing Samsung up. Their software interface and innovation is just superior in every way and it will reflect here in the US given the correct timeframe. Someone said I go through a lot of devices lol and I do. It's fun to test and change up all the time. To me I loved the Honor 8 but the best overall device I've used during my android time and I've gone through a lot of devices was the Nexus 6p. I actually still may pick up another one as that device by far and away has been my favorite one I used. The only reason I let mine go was that I grew tired of such a large device. I regret it now which is why I plan to pick up another. It's in every way a Pixel at half the cost and I may get flack on that but it's the honest truth. I've seen many YouTube comparisons and for the most part they did exactly the same thing and they both did it good. Google just placed their name on the 6p tweaked it some and charged $850 for it. That is truly what Google did. I'll definitely be back to honor as it became my daily phone for a long while at least for me anyway but even with my honor I was ready to test out new or other devices. The iPhone SE i got ended up being too small as I got used to the Android size devices. The Priv is 5.4 inches so that's a good size that will allow me to actually watch some movies and then when I'm browsing the web I'll have all that extra space without the virtual keyboard to be in the way. I can't wait to get back to the physical keyboard and get that responsive feel again. I hope I stick with it for a long while but like someone said, I do go through a lot of devices. Oh and one more I want to try is the Axon 7 and Axon Mini. Those or at least the Mini is in my near future. The mini is on sell for 199 so it's a good price point actually and I've read it's a pretty good device with great audio.
    Yesterday 06:39 AM
    I think you meant to say that it only works with GSM.

There must be CDMA capable variants in China, but in the USA, it doesn't support CDMA
    Totally meant GSM haha
    Yesterday 08:26 AM
61 123