I caved in and just bought an apple phone!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I used to be exclusively apple until the iPhone 6s then I've tried just about every Android out there. Love my Honor but I had been craving a real one hander phone. Today I was on eBay and I happen to pull up iPhone 5s. Not the SE but the 5s. I found one like new in box for $129 bucks so I caved and got it. Should be here Saturday I believe. Looks like my Honor 8 is going to get some rest for a while. I've just been wanting a 5 inch or smaller phone for one hand only use and easy to put in my pocket. I couldn't pass it up and it's not refurbished but from an individual so if I was going to buy one that was who I was looking for. She states the phone is perfect so I'm pretty stoked as I have not picked up an IOS device since my 6s! Wonder if this will kill my Android days to come. I didn't want to spend much money so that is why I opted for the 5s which still has a fingerprint sensor. Not quite as fast as the SE but still a worthy workhorse no doubt! I remember all too well when I used only the 5s so no more stretching across the screen for me for a while. I hope this doesn't kill me on Android as I've loved being part of the forum here so I'll keep posting in this section since I'm still an honor 8 owner only my honor is about to take a break from action for a long while I suspect. I'll have to compare the performance of these two devices and report back which I prefer. Going to be tight bc I know my love for IOS already. Could be a sad day for my android days possibly lol.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
You didn't wow. I did take a look at the Samsung S8 today an amazing phone. A little out of my price range right now but who knows, maybe I'll get one off EBay at a good price.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
IPhone 5s is great but battery life can't be compare to iPhone SE. I use iPhone SE when I do outdoor activity or when I travel. Great battery life with punch.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
IPhone 5s is great but battery life can't be compare to iPhone SE. I use iPhone SE when I do outdoor activity or when I travel. Great battery life with punch.
Is the SE that much better? I just didn't want to drop major cash on another phone so I opted for the 5s. Had I known there was that much battery life difference, I might have gone for an SE. Wow something I did not know for sure. Hmm...

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you!! I just went over and posted over there. Oh no! That's not good because I seriously used to be addicted to apple and IOS! I'm a bit worried buying this 5s bc there is not anything more smooth interface wise than IOS. I know you can't customize it but there is something Uniquely different about IOS interface compared to android. To be totally honest a huge reason I like EMUI so much is bc it's almost as smooth as IOS. I'm not a true fan of pure stock Android. I've tried to be more than several times with as many devices as I've tested but I always gravitated to EMUI which of course I've heard many say it to be a lot like IOS. I just really wanted something 5 inches or smaller and not a chance I'm paying the money google wants for a Pixel which I think is 5 inches if I'm not mistaken. Sony was another consideration but I've owned both the 5s and SE and being able to use one hand and the ease of putting it in my pocket I was craving so here goes. Wonder if I'll get hooked again? Any of you betting guys? Give me the odds???? Lol.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Is the SE that much better? I just didn't want to drop major cash on another phone so I opted for the 5s. Had I known there was that much battery life difference, I might have gone for an SE. Wow something I did not know for sure. Hmm...
Yes SE is basically 6s hardware without 3d touch. Screen is much smaller so battery life is better than 6s. IPhone 5s performance isn't bad but battery just don't last a day for me.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes SE is basically 6s hardware without 3d touch. Screen is much smaller so battery life is better than 6s. IPhone 5s performance isn't bad but battery just don't last a day for me.
Thanks for the knowledge. Yeah I knew the performance was 6s par but didn't know that about the battery life due to the same size build. I'll probably use the 5s for a while and slide over to an SE eventually then.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I love Android, but couldn't find a phone small enough to use one handed. That is, until I purchased a LG G2. I rooted and put a custom marshmallow rom on it. Incredible. It's like I have a 2016 phone in the small form factor of the G2. The best part is the screen is 5.2", so lots of screen real estate, but small print.

The phone is surprisingly snappy and the battery life very good. It's not Z Play good (that is my other phone), but about on par with the Z Force or Turbo 2. The camera was fantastic for its time, but probably below average by today's standards. Shutter is exceptionally fast though. The speaker kind of sucks, but I mostly use headphones, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

Sure, the plastic back looks cheaper, but it in a case and it doesn't matter. And the screen, even by today's standards, is amazing.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I love Android, but couldn't find a phone small enough to use one handed. That is, until I purchased a LG G2. I rooted and put a custom marshmallow rom on it. Incredible. It's like I have a 2016 phone in the small form factor of the G2. The best part is the screen is 5.2", so lots of screen real estate, but small print.

The phone is surprisingly snappy and the battery life very good. It's not Z Play good (that is my other phone), but about on par with the Z Force or Turbo 2. The camera was fantastic for its time, but probably below average by today's standards. Shutter is exceptionally fast though. The speaker kind of sucks, but I mostly use headphones, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

Sure, the plastic back looks cheaper, but it in a case and it doesn't matter. And the screen, even by today's standards, is amazing.
That's interesting to hear. So even with it being still 5.2 you feel comfortable as it being small enough to be your one hander device? My hands are of average size for a guy who's 5'11 185 pounds and I just feel like 5.2 is a little big for a true one hander. 5 inches or smaller is I deal for me. Had it not been for price I'd had owned both the Pixel and S8 which are close in size I seem to believe being under 5.2. I think the Pixel is 5 inches to be exact. So although I think 4 inches is too small I still went ahead and picked up a 5s iPhone which will be here tomorrow. What I believe I'm going to do though is wind up selling the 5s and getting the iPhone SE back which has better performance. I got my old cases out tonight of when I had my SE and 5s and wow do they feel good in one hand. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can remember my iCloud password and checking out what is it now 10.2 IOS compared to 9.something back when I had my iPhone 6s last. I should have gotten the SE to begin with but I wasn't all to sure I was swapping back over to IOS entirely but now I see where cricket whom I use is selling the iPhone SE for just $199 but locked to them only which for me isnt a problem since I already use them and I'm not going anywhere. It may force me to sell my Honor 8 but if I'm going to swap I'm going all out. Not half way. All in or nothing. So my plans are to quick sell my new Honor 64g if anyone wants a deal PM me and buy the SE for $199 at Cricket this weekend I believe and just trade in my 5s which trade value isnt far from what I paid for it. Sony was another consideration but they are doing away with their X line so that put them out and the compact device is going away too. Plus Sony is way over priced. I got my like new 5s for $129. I can get a brand new SE for $199. To me now since I'm craving a true one hander the SE will be in my future very soon. For my large device I'll probably go with the Mate 9 still once it finally goes on some type of sale down from $599 which having used the Honor 8 so long now I see no reason to spend that type of money on a phone again. If they made a 4.7 Honor 8 that would be the device I'd have. I'm looking for 5 inches or less so the only phone I can think of that truly is worth it is either the 5s or SE iPhone which to me I do not mind IOS at all interface wise. There is not anything more smooth other than this honor coming really close to it.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at the size compare feature on phonearena.com. even though the LG G2 has a 5.2" screen, it has tiny bezels making it smaller than the Pixel and S8.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Take a look at the size compare feature on phonearena.com. even though the LG G2 has a 5.2" screen, it has tiny bezels making it smaller than the Pixel and S8.

Really? That's interesting to know. I just bought an iPhone SE today and decided against the 5s. So now I'm typing this on my iPhone SE. I'll save up and pick up the Mate 9 most likely for my large device.

I'll have to check into that G2 as well. I'm still adjusting to this SE now having gotten it today even though I've owned it before. Android phones are just big compared to this one. I really want a pixel but I'm just not paying that mush for a phone when there are so many just as good for half that price. Hard to justify it. Do you have a picture or your G2?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Really? That's interesting to know. I just bought an iPhone SE today and decided against the 5s. So now I'm typing this on my iPhone SE. I'll save up and pick up the Mate 9 most likely for my large device.

I'll have to check into that G2 as well. I'm still adjusting to this SE now having gotten it today even though I've owned it before. Android phones are just big compared to this one. I really want a pixel but I'm just not paying that mush for a phone when there are so many just as good for half that price. Hard to justify it. Do you have a picture or your G2?

Of course. Next time I have another phone with me, I'll use it to snap a picture of the LG G2 and post here. It truly is an amazing phone for a late 2013 release. It looks, feels, and performs like a 2015 or 2016 phone, but costs the same as a budget device.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Careful with older android devices. A lot of them don't get updates anymore and you are at a higher risk of malware. I can tell you the g2 doesn't perform like the g5 at all. No it will not perform like any phone made last year ever.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Careful with older android devices. A lot of them don't get updates anymore and you are at a higher risk of malware. I can tell you the g2 doesn't perform like the g5 at all. No it will not perform like any phone made last year ever.

That's why I decided to get the SE instead of the iPhone 5s as at some point apple will stop updating the 5s and the SE is still current.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

When you root and put a custom room on it, yes it can.