I caved in and just bought an apple phone!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
That's why I decided to get the SE instead of the iPhone 5s as at some point apple will stop updating the 5s and the SE is still current.

How does the battery life on your iPhone SE compare to the various Android phones you have used recently? I assume it doesn't hold a candle to the Moto Z Play, but what about the others?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is my LG G2. I'm not sure what that line is across the screen, but it's not from my device. It must be a light reflection or something.

Attachments

• 15008.jpg
    15008.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 47

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
the g2 won't perform like the g5 ever no matter how you root it or customize it. Due to its hardware limitation. sure you can root it and tweak the cpu and gpu. but you can't tweak them past what they are capable of. Not denying what a great phone it was but it doesn't co.pare to the 2016 g5 if it did they would have never made another phone after it.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
the g2 won't perform like the g5 ever no matter how you root it or customize it. Due to its hardware limitation. sure you can root it and tweak the cpu and gpu. but you can't tweak them past what they are capable of. Not denying what a great phone it was but it doesn't co.pare to the 2016 g5 if it did they would have never made another phone after it.

Are you talking about the Moto G5 or the LG G5?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes SE is basically 6s hardware without 3d touch. Screen is much smaller so battery life is better than 6s. IPhone 5s performance isn't bad but battery just don't last a day for me.

The SE also uses the old fps and the screen isn't as good, along with the lesser front CV camera

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For a long while. Even the 5s which is an old phone now is getting IOS 11. That is unheard of in android world. That phone is almost 5 years old now.

Yeah iOS gets updated usually much longer and also quicker than Android outside of the Nexus/ pixel.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also for that reason, they hold better resale value.

Honestly i think resell is more related to supply and demand. More people want an iPhone just because... It's an iPhone And an iPhone 6 looks very similar to the 6s and 7.

Many don't even bother to update the iPhone.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
How does the battery life on your iPhone SE compare to the various Android phones you have used recently? I assume it doesn't hold a candle to the Moto Z Play, but what about the others?

Battery life has been excellent on the SE and in line with all of my other android devices except the Moro z play. I've been amazed at how well the battery holds up throughout the day. Some days I don't even touch a charger until that night only because I'm down in the upper 30s percentage wise. Typically I'll hit it once each day though it's not needed just to keep it above 75 percent. I like my phones to have 70 percent charge or more at all times. Once I hit 49 percent it's a mental thing for me. I find myself scrambling to get to a charger as it bothers me for some reason. This has not been the case for the SE. I find that the battery life on it is probably better than the honor 8 real term usage. Believe me I know the honor 8 well too. It's also because the SE is so much smaller but it does have the internals of the iPhone 6s which performance wise it's a beast. I love it. Now I'm in for a running on a contest over at Imore forums and I'm hoping to win a contest over there too like I did here. My hope is that I'll win an iPhone 7. I'm unsure of the prize but I know I'm in the hunt to win.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The SE certainly has good battery life, not sure if it is better than the Honor 8 but it is at least similar for me.

cal60

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I have always stayed clear of iPhones because of the price ( way too expensive for me although Android flagships can be equally s expensive) . However I am tempted for the same reasons you mention
  • Screensize - I dislike large screens. Currently using a Moto G4 which is 5.5 inches and find it uncomfortable - probably going to sell it.
  • I have become totally disenchanted with the Android upgrade/fragmentation experience ( although in fairness the Moto has been good in this respect)

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have always stayed clear of iPhones because of the price ( way too expensive for me although Android flagships can be equally s expensive) . However I am tempted for the same reasons you mention
  • Screensize - I dislike large screens. Currently using a Moto G4 which is 5.5 inches and find it uncomfortable - probably going to sell it.
  • I have become totally disenchanted with the Android upgrade/fragmentation experience ( although in fairness the Moto has been good in this respect)

Honor 8 has perfect size 5.2 inch. I can get used to bigger but honor 8 very comfortable size.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
For ****s and giggles I picked up the iPhone se as a back up to my s8+. I kind of do miss the small screen and the ability to one hand a phone comfortably. I have hands that fall on the smaller side if the scale. while I have the s8+ I find myself having a difficult time reaching all parts of the screen. It's refreshing to use a device that just fits so nice in hand. snappy little ******* as well haha