Exactly what I've been saying and predicting!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So for a long while you guys have read my posts where I talk about Huawei honor taking over Samsung becoming number 2 in the world within that 3 to 5 year window. This is the second article I've found this month enforcing exactly what I've been saying for a while now. Check it out. Wait it'll be in the next post. Can't past it in this post. See below

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I honestly want to see a brand new OS. It's been Apple ios and android dominant for too long. OS that can compete with those two major OS.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I honestly want to see a brand new OS. It's been Apple ios and android dominant for too long. OS that can compete with those two major OS.
EMUI stands the best chance to totally be branded to be its own software to be the third choice in mobile software. If it's not EMUI Huawei Honor will be the company to innovate just that I think. They've proved that you can have a fluid software interface compatible with Android already with EMUI. EMUI is nothing near like stock pure Android and I've been saying it could easily be branded as the third mobile software choice right now to be honest. Once they commit to the US which won't be much longer their software will have a huge following and I'm sure they already know or have in the works that they will release some software that will be branded as the third choice but only to be compatible with Google play and parts of Android. Who knows they could go all out and build their own community and play store which isn't far fetched. Their vision is number one and like they said innovation will definitely take them there by 2021. It'll be cool to watch it unfold. I predict there first full year here to be dead slow but year two will give growth to like 400 percent compared to year one and they will start their rise from there.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Definitely agree, it would be awesome to have more choice and more competition when it comes to mobile operating system. it's just really hard to get developers to starting making apps for an OS that has no customers when they are guaranteed many sales with Android and iOS.

Blackberry did try back in 2013 to make their own OS called 'BB10' but customers were not that interested because it didn't have all the Apps they wanted.

One company that does have a chance is Microsoft with their Windows Mobile OS. There are already a wide variety of devices running the OS so there is potential.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Definitely agree, it would be awesome to have more choice and more competition when it comes to mobile operating system. it's just really hard to get developers to starting making apps for an OS that has no customers when they are guaranteed many sales with Android and iOS.

Blackberry did try back in 2013 to make their own OS called 'BB10' but customers were not that interested because it didn't have all the Apps they wanted.

One company that does have a chance is Microsoft with their Windows Mobile OS. There are already a wide variety of devices running the OS so there is potential.

I agree! It's just going to take a company like Huawei to do this. They are already number three with sales steadily on the rise. Their mission as the article stated was innovation and with innovation comes change and with change brings new life to a dormant eco system. The door is wide open for them and lets face we all are looking for something different and new. Huawei plans to do just that. I read where their plan is to hit the US when 5g hits which isn't that far away. Talking maybe a year or two max. Once they are fully carrier supported their stock and sales will explode here in the US. A flagship company at 3/4s the flagship price if they stay true to their core will blow this market away. So if anyone can build their own OS and community and bring customers over it's Huawei. EMUI has already proven that there is more than just android and IOS.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Honor is a very unique organization and I really think it will do well in future years. Hopefully Huawei/Honor do great this year!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Making a new OS is very difficult and costly. Especially consider how well refined ios and Android is today compared with the first release. It would take a major push from a major player if you want to see it with any following anytime soon... Like Samsung Tizen.

But really the biggest issue i think would be apps...app devs are unlikely to want to put the effort to make apps for small os. Even look at windows mobile... They lack apps and the apps that they have aren't as refined as Android/ios

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21