latest Emui update/ Huawei eRecovery not updating/keeps failing

pryncenyck

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
I got the alert today to update my EMUI..I then proceeded to update it ,im not sure if something failed during the process ? but now every time my phone restarts or if I shutdown and start it up it goes back to the "download latest version and recovery" screen and it continuously fails "Getting package info failed", when I try to update it aswell as no matter if I reboot or shutdown it returns to that page,any suggestions or fixes for this? Thanks !:-

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to contact Honor support? They should be able to assist with suggestions or provide a warranty replacement if they can't fix it

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I got the alert today to update my EMUI..I then proceeded to update it ,im not sure if something failed during the process ? but now every time my phone restarts or if I shutdown and start it up it goes back to the "download latest version and recovery" screen and it continuously fails "Getting package info failed", when I try to update it aswell as no matter if I reboot or shutdown it returns to that page,any suggestions or fixes for this? Thanks !:-

Hmm, that's a pickle. What update are you on and what one are you trying to update to?

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I faced the exact same problem. I tried flashing almost any and every firmware there is(Nougats). All failed. Only downgrading to MM-6.0 made my phone work again. But now I can't update to Nougat

Joaothome

May 8, 2018
Visit site

Did you solve this?? I have the exactly same situation

vimalrshah

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem. Few days back i got the alert to update EMUI. I downloaded the package over WiFi network and then the mobile asked me to install. On installation mobile got restart and then it went into erecovery mode saying, "Getting Package Info failed"?

Please suggest how to start my phone again?

vimalrshah

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site

I am facing the same problem. My Device Huawei P10 Lite (Model: WAS-LX1A) goes into eRecovery mode and does not start. I am not been able to do even factory reset.

Please let me know if you find any solution.

vimalrshah

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
Huawei Support team is asking me to fly from India to Dubai, just to fix the phone. The Visa and Air Ticket is costlier than the Mobile Phone Price.