What are people's reactions when they see your Honor?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes! I love having a unique phone but that's just me. That's part of the reason I love Windows Phone, it's different. I would still use it if the OS haven't been abandoned. Anyway...I like Huawei/Honor a lot.

I liked windows phone... But the lack of quality apps was the biggest drawback. It didn't have some apps,and the apps it had weren't anywhere near refined as it'sGoogle or ios equivalent

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I liked windows phone... But the lack of quality apps was the biggest drawback. It didn't have some apps,and the apps it had weren't anywhere near refined as it'sGoogle or ios equivalent
I wish it wasn't true but you're right. Now that they have Lyft I may try it again (that app is a deal breaker but not sure how good it is). But if I did it I'd also miss my Chase, Zipcar, and a few other trusted apps. I love that platform though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wish it wasn't true but you're right. Now that they have Lyft I may try it again (that app is a deal breaker but not sure how good it is). But if I did it I'd also miss my Chase, Zipcar, and a few other trusted apps. I love that platform though.

I reall hope that Microsoft gets their act together and push apps, most likely requiring them to subsidize apps... But it looks like it is nearly abandoned at this time

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I love having a unique phone but that's just me. That's part of the reason I love Windows Phone, it's different. I would still use it if the OS haven't been abandoned. Anyway...I like Huawei/Honor a lot.

I LOVE WP! I've always wanted a Windows Phone, but it never happened. :( Yes! Being unique and expressing that even by what tech you use daily is great!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE WP! I've always wanted a Windows Phone, but it never happened. :( Yes! Being unique and expressing that even by what tech you use daily is great!

Unique is great when it gets there job done. It sucks when it doesn't work for your needs.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We're all Indians and abt the age of 16 but we live in Kuwait (Middle East). I was surprised too when all my friends knew abt the brand. I don't think they're all techies but amongst 8 of my really close friends abt 7 of them knew without me telling them abt the brand.

Interesting,perhaps honor has a bigger foothold over there than in the USA. Most people i talk to have no idea what honor is.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You have a point. I always try to research my phones thoroughly before buying.

The biggest thing about unfair unique smartphones are how long they will be supported. Many manufacturers don't want to spend money to do updates for just a few customers...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
All we know in the USA is iPhone, Samsung, and LG. But really just iPhone.

Well Apple command the latest market share by a significant margin in the USA. I don't really see Honor overtaking Apple in the USA anytime soon.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Do they ask for more details about the phone or just go... Oh whatever and move on?
Most don't even ask anymore after I tell them. Very few I've found care about software interface and never even give the first thought when buying a smart phone. It's what ever bandwagon they jump on. I've had one or two ask maybe a question but none have really cared or been overly interested.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Most don't even ask anymore after I tell them. Very few I've found care about software interface and never even give the first thought when buying a smart phone. It's what ever bandwagon they jump on. I've had one or two ask maybe a question but none have really cared or been overly interested.

That's the thing... Honor needs to find a way to generate excitement in the USA. When i had the honor 8, no one cared. Even after i talked about it... It was like..oh. not really interested.

Now when i got the iPhone or Galaxy at launch... People were excited and wanted to see it and asked questions about it. In contrast, most that i talked to never even heard of Huawei or Honor.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's the thing... Honor needs to find a way to generate excitement in the USA. When i had the honor 8, no one cared. Even after i talked about it... It was like..oh. not really interested.

Now when i got the iPhone or Galaxy at launch... People were excited and wanted to see it and asked questions about it. In contrast, most that i talked to never even heard of Huawei or Honor.
That's exactly right! The average person is not a member here therefore they could care less about user interface as to them it's either apple or Samsung and that's all they know. There are no other options for the typical consumer. That's why not one person has cared when I would tell them about honor or EMUI. They don't even listen. Soon next two years those same people will be raving about their Huawei they just got from version or t mobile. When Huawei hits the US carriers, they will sky rocket to the top. Just wait and watch. Two years off though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly right! The average person is not a member here therefore they could care less about user interface as to them it's either apple or Samsung and that's all they know. There are no other options for the typical consumer. That's why not one person has cared when I would tell them about honor or EMUI. They don't even listen. Soon next two years those same people will be raving about their Huawei they just got from version or t mobile. When Huawei hits the US carriers, they will sky rocket to the top. Just wait and watch. Two years off though.

There were Huawei carrier phones a few years ago but that stopped. Perhaps part of the reason is that Huawei stole proprietary technology from T-Mobile and a USA Court has ruled in T-Mobile's favor and Huawei has to pay up... Or appeal.

and Huawei is suing carrier over patents.

While I am not going to argue that they shouldn't sue a carrier...if your goal is to get them to carry your phone again... IMO suing them will hurt your chances.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
There were Huawei carrier phones a few years ago but that stopped. Perhaps part of the reason is that Huawei stole proprietary technology from T-Mobile and a USA Court has ruled in T-Mobile's favor and Huawei has to pay up... Or appeal.

and Huawei is suing carrier over patents.

While I am not going to argue that they shouldn't sue a carrier...if your goal is to get them to carry your phone again... IMO suing them will hurt your chances.
Very true indeed! Also Huawei has got to jump on the CDMA train at some point but they've stated that they aren't hitting the US officially until 5g hits the market and again we are probably two years out from that. They will settle up with T Mobile before they officially announce they have entered the US market I'm sure or you're right, it'll cripple them. T Mobile does quite a bit of business as I guess them to be the third largest carrier I would think behind the big two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance