06-22-2017 09:04 AM
48 12
tools
    All your friends are familiar with the Honor brand? Are they techies? Where do you live?
    We're all Indians and abt the age of 16 but we live in Kuwait (Middle East). I was surprised too when all my friends knew abt the brand. I don't think they're all techies but amongst 8 of my really close friends abt 7 of them knew without me telling them abt the brand.
    Byrese likes this.
    06-20-2017 10:49 PM
    We're all Indians and abt the age of 16 but we live in Kuwait (Middle East). I was surprised too when all my friends knew abt the brand. I don't think they're all techies but amongst 8 of my really close friends abt 7 of them knew without me telling them abt the brand.
    Interesting,perhaps honor has a bigger foothold over there than in the USA. Most people i talk to have no idea what honor is.
    Byrese likes this.
    06-20-2017 11:08 PM
    Unique is great when it gets there job done. It sucks when it doesn't work for your needs.
    You have a point. I always try to research my phones thoroughly before buying.
    Byrese likes this.
    06-21-2017 07:47 AM
    You have a point. I always try to research my phones thoroughly before buying.
    The biggest thing about unfair unique smartphones are how long they will be supported. Many manufacturers don't want to spend money to do updates for just a few customers...
    Byrese and Morty2264 like this.
    06-21-2017 09:09 AM
    Interesting,perhaps honor has a bigger foothold over there than in the USA. Most people i talk to have no idea what honor is.
    All we know in the USA is iPhone, Samsung, and LG. But really just iPhone.
    06-21-2017 10:29 AM
    People would have no idea what I was using lol. They'd say what? Never heard of that before. Most have not actually
    06-21-2017 12:42 PM
    People would have no idea what I was using lol. They'd say what? Never heard of that before. Most have not actually
    Do they ask for more details about the phone or just go... Oh whatever and move on?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-21-2017 02:08 PM
    All we know in the USA is iPhone, Samsung, and LG. But really just iPhone.
    Well Apple command the latest market share by a significant margin in the USA. I don't really see Honor overtaking Apple in the USA anytime soon.
    06-21-2017 02:11 PM
    Well Apple command the latest market share by a significant margin in the USA. I don't really see Honor overtaking Apple in the USA anytime soon.
    True
    06-21-2017 02:40 PM
    Do they ask for more details about the phone or just go... Oh whatever and move on?
    Most don't even ask anymore after I tell them. Very few I've found care about software interface and never even give the first thought when buying a smart phone. It's what ever bandwagon they jump on. I've had one or two ask maybe a question but none have really cared or been overly interested.
    06-21-2017 02:53 PM
    Most don't even ask anymore after I tell them. Very few I've found care about software interface and never even give the first thought when buying a smart phone. It's what ever bandwagon they jump on. I've had one or two ask maybe a question but none have really cared or been overly interested.
    That's the thing... Honor needs to find a way to generate excitement in the USA. When i had the honor 8, no one cared. Even after i talked about it... It was like..oh. not really interested.

Now when i got the iPhone or Galaxy at launch... People were excited and wanted to see it and asked questions about it. In contrast, most that i talked to never even heard of Huawei or Honor.
    Dconn1975 and Byrese like this.
    06-21-2017 03:19 PM
    "Pretty!"

"Is that an iPhone?"

"Never heard of it."

That's about all, and that's fine with me!
    Guytronic, Byrese and Morty2264 like this.
    06-21-2017 03:44 PM
    That's the thing... Honor needs to find a way to generate excitement in the USA. When i had the honor 8, no one cared. Even after i talked about it... It was like..oh. not really interested.

Now when i got the iPhone or Galaxy at launch... People were excited and wanted to see it and asked questions about it. In contrast, most that i talked to never even heard of Huawei or Honor.
    That's exactly right! The average person is not a member here therefore they could care less about user interface as to them it's either apple or Samsung and that's all they know. There are no other options for the typical consumer. That's why not one person has cared when I would tell them about honor or EMUI. They don't even listen. Soon next two years those same people will be raving about their Huawei they just got from version or t mobile. When Huawei hits the US carriers, they will sky rocket to the top. Just wait and watch. Two years off though.
    06-21-2017 03:56 PM
    That's exactly right! The average person is not a member here therefore they could care less about user interface as to them it's either apple or Samsung and that's all they know. There are no other options for the typical consumer. That's why not one person has cared when I would tell them about honor or EMUI. They don't even listen. Soon next two years those same people will be raving about their Huawei they just got from version or t mobile. When Huawei hits the US carriers, they will sky rocket to the top. Just wait and watch. Two years off though.
    There were Huawei carrier phones a few years ago but that stopped. Perhaps part of the reason is that Huawei stole proprietary technology from T-Mobile and a USA Court has ruled in T-Mobile's favor and Huawei has to pay up... Or appeal.

and Huawei is suing carrier over patents.

While I am not going to argue that they shouldn't sue a carrier...if your goal is to get them to carry your phone again... IMO suing them will hurt your chances.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-21-2017 05:28 PM
    There were Huawei carrier phones a few years ago but that stopped. Perhaps part of the reason is that Huawei stole proprietary technology from T-Mobile and a USA Court has ruled in T-Mobile's favor and Huawei has to pay up... Or appeal.

and Huawei is suing carrier over patents.

While I am not going to argue that they shouldn't sue a carrier...if your goal is to get them to carry your phone again... IMO suing them will hurt your chances.
    Very true indeed! Also Huawei has got to jump on the CDMA train at some point but they've stated that they aren't hitting the US officially until 5g hits the market and again we are probably two years out from that. They will settle up with T Mobile before they officially announce they have entered the US market I'm sure or you're right, it'll cripple them. T Mobile does quite a bit of business as I guess them to be the third largest carrier I would think behind the big two.
    06-21-2017 05:40 PM
    Very true indeed! Also Huawei has got to jump on the CDMA train at some point but they've stated that they aren't hitting the US officially until 5g hits the market and again we are probably two years out from that. They will settle up with T Mobile before they officially announce they have entered the US market I'm sure or you're right, it'll cripple them. T Mobile does quite a bit of business as I guess them to be the third largest carrier I would think behind the big two.
    They make CDMA phones, just not for phones which they ship to the USA. The mate 9 has CDMA. Not for usa variants though.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-21-2017 06:47 PM
    They make CDMA phones, just not for phones which they ship to the USA. The mate 9 has CDMA. Not for usa variants though.
    Yes I was meaning for the US market. They can't even think about officially entering this market without it.
    06-21-2017 07:00 PM
    Yes I was meaning for the US market. They can't even think about officially entering this market without it.
    My point is nothing technologically speaking is stopping them from making a phone with USA LTE. There could be legal aspects such as agreements, and they would need to get it certified by Verizon similar to what Motorola is doing for the moto g4 and what not
    06-22-2017 01:53 AM
    All of my friends that have had a look at my phone have changed to honor phones when upgrading since.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-22-2017 04:14 AM
    I wish people would react with:

Hey there sweet phone!...will you take 250 for it?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    06-22-2017 04:22 AM
    I wish people would react with:

Hey there sweet phone!...will you take 250 for it?
    Lol. Too funny lol. Yeah the honor 9 just killed the resell value of the 8 I think. I'm proof of that recently with mine but I was also quick selling it. The 8 automatically took an immediate dip in resell the second the 9 released. Even though it's still an awesome device, anything newer typically does that to last year's model. Your post made me laugh. Good one lol. Good stuff.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-22-2017 06:31 AM
    All of my friends that have had a look at my phone have changed to honor phones when upgrading since.
    That's pretty awesome! I bet Honor is banking on this. Honor should give you a commission.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-22-2017 08:59 AM
    Lol. Too funny lol. Yeah the honor 9 just killed the resell value of the 8 I think. I'm proof of that recently with mine but I was also quick selling it. The 8 automatically took an immediate dip in resell the second the 9 released. Even though it's still an awesome device, anything newer typically does that to last year's model. Your post made me laugh. Good one lol. Good stuff.
    Unfortunately that's the way things go. Because with smartphones, the new model usually comes in at the same price as the old model. So the resell of the old one takes a dip
    06-22-2017 09:04 AM
48 12