What are people's reactions when they see your Honor?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Now days everyone has either an Samsung or an iPhone...and for good reason, they're great!

But there are other great phones, like Huawei/Honor, One Plus, etc. I'm curious...What are ppls reactions when they see your Honor?

For me, I noticed most ppl think it's a cheap phone. Little do they know 😉

Last edited:

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Most think my sapphire blue Honor 8 is a Galaxy of some kind. I tell them no and they guess every manufacturer except Huawei/Honor. I've never had one person that's heard of Honor but my tech circle is small.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Other than my previous Honor 5X, I don't think I've seen any Honor phones out in the wild. :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Other than my previous Honor 5X, I don't think I've seen any Honor phones out in the wild. :(

I saw one... I recommended an honor 8 to a friend and he bought it. But yeah... It didn't sell very well relative to Apple or samsung.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I saw one... I recommended an honor 8 to a friend and he bought it. But yeah... It didn't sell very well relative to Apple or samsung.
Of course not...most of us are like sheep, we just follow. It's funny too because out of the various skins of Android, EMUI is the most iOS like.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Of course not...most of us are like sheep, we just follow. It's funny too because out of the various skins of Android, EMUI is the most iOS like.

Which doesn really matter since most people either buy what they are used to or buy via brand recognition. Neither of which really apply to Honor in the USA. Really if they want to quickly gain USA market share then they will need to push out aggressive marketing,imo. Putting out a great phone but with no hype up isn't enough, IMO. At least not enough if you want to quickly build market share.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For me mostly, I get two questions/comments:

"What kind of phone is that?" And...
"It looks like an iPhone."

People also tell me it's a nice looking phone. I really like using a phone that is unique and not known to a lot of people. I like doing my own thing.

Great thread! Thank you for starting it, OP!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Most think my sapphire blue Honor 8 is a Galaxy of some kind. I tell them no and they guess every manufacturer except Huawei/Honor. I've never had one person that's heard of Honor but my tech circle is small.

A gorgeous colour! Are you using a clear case with it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I love the blue. Yes, I'm using one made by Sparin. Came in a 2 pack for around $7. I've dropped it on asphalt from waist height and the case did the job.

I bought a two pack of these too. They are pretty decent cases especially considering the price

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought a two pack of these too. They are pretty decent cases especially considering the price

Yeah, they're the typical TPU case but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I didn't really want a case but after a week with no case I caved.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, they're the typical TPU case but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I didn't really want a case but after a week with no case I caved.

Glad you got the case... Otherwise there's a good chance that you would have damaged the phone when you dropped it!

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious...What are ppls reactions when they see your Honor?

I'm the downer here.
When I was using the 8 a few months back:
No one cared...then again I don't show phones I have to others unless they ask.
...and if they ask about anything it's "Oh how do you do that or what is that symbol (icon)"

I walk among a limited group... Lol...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm the downer here.
When I was using the 8 a few months back:
No one cared...then again I don't show phones I have to others unless they ask.
...and if they ask about anything it's "Oh how do you do that or what is that symbol (icon)"

I walk among a limited group... Lol...

Some people are inquisitive about different things. Others just want similar to what they already have . Seems like you are around the latter

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
For me mostly, I get two questions/comments:

"What kind of phone is that?" And...
"It looks like an iPhone."

People also tell me it's a nice looking phone. I really like using a phone that is unique and not known to a lot of people. I like doing my own thing.

Great thread! Thank you for starting it, OP!
Yes! I love having a unique phone but that's just me. That's part of the reason I love Windows Phone, it's different. I would still use it if the OS haven't been abandoned. Anyway...I like Huawei/Honor a lot.

Ayush Rao

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm a teenager and all my friends knew the Honor brand which is probably becoz they considered it while buying their smartphone since their parents aren't willing to shell out tons of cash. I love Honor as a brand and I've showed off its many features to friends and family and they find it to be very attractive.

During a party one of my friends questioned if the phone is any good and asked me to perform a geekbench test where my phone raped his Galaxy S6 and my friend's Galaxy S7. After which everybody released the potential and raw power of this device.

Imo this phone was a great purchase (especially since I got it on black friday) and its help up pretty well over the months since I bought it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a teenager and all my friends knew the Honor brand which is probably becoz they considered it while buying their smartphone since their parents aren't willing to shell out tons of cash. I love Honor as a brand and I've showed off its many features to friends and family and they find it to be very attractive.

During a party one of my friends questioned if the phone is any good and asked me to perform a geekbench test where my phone raped his Galaxy S6 and my friend's Galaxy S7. After which everybody released the potential and raw power of this device.

Imo this phone was a great purchase (especially since I got it on black friday) and its help up pretty well over the months since I bought it.

All your friends are familiar with the Honor brand? Are they techies? Where do you live?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21