06-22-2017 09:04 AM
48 12
tools
    Now days everyone has either an Samsung or an iPhone...and for good reason, they're great!

But there are other great phones, like Huawei/Honor, One Plus, etc. I'm curious...What are ppls reactions when they see your Honor?

For me, I noticed most ppl think it's a cheap phone. Little do they know 😉
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-12-2017 11:42 PM
    Most think my sapphire blue Honor 8 is a Galaxy of some kind. I tell them no and they guess every manufacturer except Huawei/Honor. I've never had one person that's heard of Honor but my tech circle is small.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-13-2017 07:56 AM
    I get a lot of "where's the button, how do you turn it on?" I guess some people aren't used to fps on the back yet.
    06-14-2017 01:24 PM
    Other than my previous Honor 5X, I don't think I've seen any Honor phones out in the wild.
    06-14-2017 02:02 PM
    Other than my previous Honor 5X, I don't think I've seen any Honor phones out in the wild.
    I saw one... I recommended an honor 8 to a friend and he bought it. But yeah... It didn't sell very well relative to Apple or samsung.
    06-14-2017 03:00 PM
    I saw one... I recommended an honor 8 to a friend and he bought it. But yeah... It didn't sell very well relative to Apple or samsung.
    Of course not...most of us are like sheep, we just follow. It's funny too because out of the various skins of Android, EMUI is the most iOS like.
    06-16-2017 12:19 AM
    Of course not...most of us are like sheep, we just follow. It's funny too because out of the various skins of Android, EMUI is the most iOS like.
    Which doesn really matter since most people either buy what they are used to or buy via brand recognition. Neither of which really apply to Honor in the USA. Really if they want to quickly gain USA market share then they will need to push out aggressive marketing,imo. Putting out a great phone but with no hype up isn't enough, IMO. At least not enough if you want to quickly build market share.
    06-16-2017 08:59 AM
    For me mostly, I get two questions/comments:

"What kind of phone is that?" And...
    "It looks like an iPhone."

People also tell me it's a nice looking phone. I really like using a phone that is unique and not known to a lot of people. I like doing my own thing.

Great thread! Thank you for starting it, OP!
    Byrese likes this.
    06-16-2017 09:29 PM
    Most think my sapphire blue Honor 8 is a Galaxy of some kind. I tell them no and they guess every manufacturer except Huawei/Honor. I've never had one person that's heard of Honor but my tech circle is small.
    A gorgeous colour! Are you using a clear case with it?
    06-16-2017 09:30 PM
    A gorgeous colour! Are you using a clear case with it?
    Thanks, I love the blue. Yes, I'm using one made by Sparin. Came in a 2 pack for around $7. I've dropped it on asphalt from waist height and the case did the job.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-17-2017 05:33 PM
    Thanks, I love the blue. Yes, I'm using one made by Sparin. Came in a 2 pack for around $7. I've dropped it on asphalt from waist height and the case did the job.
    It's so beautiful! So glad your case protected it from the fall!
    06-17-2017 09:59 PM
    I bought a two pack of these too. They are pretty decent cases especially considering the price
    Morty2264 and laytoncy like this.
    06-18-2017 12:40 AM
    I bought a two pack of these too. They are pretty decent cases especially considering the price
    Yeah, they're the typical TPU case but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I didn't really want a case but after a week with no case I caved.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-18-2017 09:09 AM
    Yeah, they're the typical TPU case but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I didn't really want a case but after a week with no case I caved.
    Glad you got the case... Otherwise there's a good chance that you would have damaged the phone when you dropped it!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-18-2017 10:09 AM
    Glad you got a case! It's pretty easy to scratch up these phones!
    06-18-2017 06:15 PM
    I'm curious...What are ppls reactions when they see your Honor?
    I'm the downer here.
    When I was using the 8 a few months back:
    No one cared...then again I don't show phones I have to others unless they ask.
    ...and if they ask about anything it's "Oh how do you do that or what is that symbol (icon)"

I walk among a limited group... Lol...
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    06-19-2017 09:14 PM
    I'm the downer here.
    When I was using the 8 a few months back:
    No one cared...then again I don't show phones I have to others unless they ask.
    ...and if they ask about anything it's "Oh how do you do that or what is that symbol (icon)"

I walk among a limited group... Lol...
    Some people are inquisitive about different things. Others just want similar to what they already have . Seems like you are around the latter
    06-19-2017 09:46 PM
    For me mostly, I get two questions/comments:

"What kind of phone is that?" And...
    "It looks like an iPhone."

People also tell me it's a nice looking phone. I really like using a phone that is unique and not known to a lot of people. I like doing my own thing.

Great thread! Thank you for starting it, OP!
    Yes! I love having a unique phone but that's just me. That's part of the reason I love Windows Phone, it's different. I would still use it if the OS haven't been abandoned. Anyway...I like Huawei/Honor a lot.
    Guytronic and Morty2264 like this.
    06-19-2017 10:33 PM
    I'm a teenager and all my friends knew the Honor brand which is probably becoz they considered it while buying their smartphone since their parents aren't willing to shell out tons of cash. I love Honor as a brand and I've showed off its many features to friends and family and they find it to be very attractive.

During a party one of my friends questioned if the phone is any good and asked me to perform a geekbench test where my phone raped his Galaxy S6 and my friend's Galaxy S7. After which everybody released the potential and raw power of this device.

Imo this phone was a great purchase (especially since I got it on black friday) and its help up pretty well over the months since I bought it.
    Byrese likes this.
    06-20-2017 02:24 AM
    I'm a teenager and all my friends knew the Honor brand which is probably becoz they considered it while buying their smartphone since their parents aren't willing to shell out tons of cash. I love Honor as a brand and I've showed off its many features to friends and family and they find it to be very attractive.

During a party one of my friends questioned if the phone is any good and asked me to perform a geekbench test where my phone raped his Galaxy S6 and my friend's Galaxy S7. After which everybody released the potential and raw power of this device.

Imo this phone was a great purchase (especially since I got it on black friday) and its help up pretty well over the months since I bought it.
    All your friends are familiar with the Honor brand? Are they techies? Where do you live?
    Byrese likes this.
    06-20-2017 09:03 AM
    Yes! I love having a unique phone but that's just me. That's part of the reason I love Windows Phone, it's different. I would still use it if the OS haven't been abandoned. Anyway...I like Huawei/Honor a lot.
    I liked windows phone... But the lack of quality apps was the biggest drawback. It didn't have some apps,and the apps it had weren't anywhere near refined as it'sGoogle or ios equivalent
    aximtreo and Byrese like this.
    06-20-2017 09:04 AM
    I liked windows phone... But the lack of quality apps was the biggest drawback. It didn't have some apps,and the apps it had weren't anywhere near refined as it'sGoogle or ios equivalent
    I wish it wasn't true but you're right. Now that they have Lyft I may try it again (that app is a deal breaker but not sure how good it is). But if I did it I'd also miss my Chase, Zipcar, and a few other trusted apps. I love that platform though.
    06-20-2017 11:44 AM
    I wish it wasn't true but you're right. Now that they have Lyft I may try it again (that app is a deal breaker but not sure how good it is). But if I did it I'd also miss my Chase, Zipcar, and a few other trusted apps. I love that platform though.
    I reall hope that Microsoft gets their act together and push apps, most likely requiring them to subsidize apps... But it looks like it is nearly abandoned at this time
    06-20-2017 06:49 PM
    I LOVE WP! I've always wanted a Windows Phone, but it never happened. Yes! Being unique and expressing that even by what tech you use daily is great!
    Byrese likes this.
    06-20-2017 07:24 PM
    I LOVE WP! I've always wanted a Windows Phone, but it never happened. Yes! Being unique and expressing that even by what tech you use daily is great!
    Unique is great when it gets there job done. It sucks when it doesn't work for your needs.
    Morty2264, Byrese and orangecroc like this.
    06-20-2017 09:37 PM
48 12