09-04-2017 06:25 AM
179 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Good point. Back on topic... I am getting ready to sell my Honor 8 to make way for the Honor 9... But not really sure i should take the plunge as Honor hasn't released a USA release date.
    I would hold off for a while as I personally believe it will be December or even January before we see it here in the US honestly. I would have held off on my S8 for the Honor 9 had it been released but it's going to be a while. I believe they are still taking pre-orders in China for the 9 so we've got a while yet.

On a different note I just received my Red Carbon Fiber and Blue Carbon Fiber Dbrand Skin for my S8 just now. I just installed it. Here are some pics.

07-07-2017 10:37 AM
    I would hold off for a while as I personally believe it will be December or even January before we see it here in the US honestly. I would have held off on my S8 for the Honor 9 had it been released but it's going to be a while. I believe they are still taking pre-orders in China for the 9 so we've got a while yet.

On a different note I just received my Red Carbon Fiber and Blue Carbon Fiber Dbrand Skin for my S8 just now. I just installed it. Here are some pics.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3572b2fea6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7995ee5599.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5d9615b85e.jpg
    I was going after a Cap America and Spiderman theme as I'm a huge marvel fan and collector. Turned out pretty sweet I think. I won't be using a case now. It gives it plenty of grip. Hopefully they will end up offering skins to the honor 9 as I would definitely get this same set up on one. I know I'm definitely getting an honor 9 when it finally releases here in the US.
    07-07-2017 10:40 AM
    I remember last year, the Honor 8 coming for sale or maybe it was preorder in August or September. I was hoping it would follow the same timeline. Oh well. If it comes in December or January like you are predicting then maybe i will get a note 8 or iPhone 8 first and see how things go. I would prefer to try out the Honor 9 first but that would be hard if it is released that late here
    07-07-2017 01:46 PM
    I was going after a Cap America and Spiderman theme as I'm a huge marvel fan and collector. Turned out pretty sweet I think. I won't be using a case now. It gives it plenty of grip. Hopefully they will end up offering skins to the honor 9 as I would definitely get this same set up on one. I know I'm definitely getting an honor 9 when it finally releases here in the US.
    I am hoping that Huawei can swing a carrier deal with the honor 9. That would give it a lot more exposure and with exposure comes more accessories, typically speaking
    07-07-2017 03:03 PM
    I am hoping that Huawei can swing a carrier deal with the honor 9. That would give it a lot more exposure and with exposure comes more accessories, typically speaking
    Very true but Huawei stated they aren't coming to the US until around the 5g hits the market. That is two years off roughly.
    07-07-2017 06:32 PM
    Once huawei hits carriers watch how fast they will rise to the top of the mobile tech world. It'll be very fast. They will be a huge success.
    07-07-2017 10:56 PM
    Very true but Huawei stated they aren't coming to the US until around the 5g hits the market. That is two years off roughly.
    It depends on how you define 5g. Att claims to have 5g already, and Huawei and has allegedly stuck a deal with Lorenzo
    07-08-2017 01:15 AM
    It depends on how you define 5g. Att claims to have 5g already, and Huawei and has allegedly stuck a deal with Lorenzo
    Well 5g being readily available through all the carriers and being fully offered to US customers. The last article I read about it said that 5g is at least a year if not two away in the regard to being fully supported and offered to customers. The other latest article I read was from Huawei which they said their US official target release was when 5g was fully out and available through all major carriers. So at the very least it seems they are the soonest one year away if not even two. I hope I'm wrong because I truly think they will rival Samsung in every way here. Plus their pricing is cheaper. On a side note 5g is supposed to open up a lot of new doors to the mobile tech world. I don't recall exactly but I remember being amazed at some of the things that 5g will enable mobile phones to do outside of just being even faster.
    07-08-2017 03:42 PM
    Well 5g being readily available through all the carriers and being fully offered to US customers. The last article I read about it said that 5g is at least a year if not two away in the regard to being fully supported and offered to customers. The other latest article I read was from Huawei which they said their US official target release was when 5g was fully out and available through all major carriers. So at the very least it seems they are the soonest one year away if not even two. I hope I'm wrong because I truly think they will rival Samsung in every way here. Plus their pricing is cheaper. On a side note 5g is supposed to open up a lot of new doors to the mobile tech world. I don't recall exactly but I remember being amazed at some of the things that 5g will enable mobile phones to do outside of just being even faster.
    I think that they have different goals though... Huawei is trying to be number one. Samsung... While phone sales are important, are more focused on profits. I wonder what Huawei pricing would be once they become number one.
    07-08-2017 05:25 PM
    I still think Huawei beats Samsung by at least $150 dollars cheaper if not $200 over all in their flagships. Huawei will take that top slot by sheer volume over a ton of profit per phone. From what I've read about Huawei is that they are extremely discipline and focus on their set goals once set in motion. They are also very focused on innovation which they've proved that with EMUI. They should take off here. Once people start handling their phones at carriers they will start buying and it will take off from there. First year will be slow but year number two I predict like 400 percent in sales growth on year two of being here. They'll need that first full year to get full disclosure.
    07-09-2017 06:58 AM
    Just read this article on the Honor 9. Wow I want one. I look forward to when it will finally release here in the US. 5.1 inch display is a major selling point to me. I thought the Honor 8 was a tad too wide for one hand so the Honor 9 should be perfect at 5.1 inches. The Silver in this article looks cool too. That maybe the color I go after. I like silver phones. Of course I'd be putting a skin on it so I suppose the color won't matter much. It's states the phone is by far the slippiest phone they have ever handled. Here is the article for those interested.

http://m.gsmarena.com/honor_9-review-1629p2.php
    07-09-2017 11:35 AM
    I still think Huawei beats Samsung by at least $150 dollars cheaper if not $200 over all in their flagships. Huawei will take that top slot by sheer volume over a ton of profit per phone. From what I've read about Huawei is that they are extremely discipline and focus on their set goals once set in motion. They are also very focused on innovation which they've proved that with EMUI. They should take off here. Once people start handling their phones at carriers they will start buying and it will take off from there. First year will be slow but year number two I predict like 400 percent in sales growth on year two of being here. They'll need that first full year to get full disclosure.
    Well Huawei has been trying to push a lower price point to increase sales. Samsung pricing also varies...for example, the Verizon Samsung Galaxy s6 started under $600 at launch.lately though at least on Verizon, pricing has been going up
    07-09-2017 11:09 PM
    Just read this article on the Honor 9. Wow I want one. I look forward to when it will finally release here in the US. 5.1 inch display is a major selling point to me. I thought the Honor 8 was a tad too wide for one hand so the Honor 9 should be perfect at 5.1 inches. The Silver in this article looks cool too. That maybe the color I go after. I like silver phones. Of course I'd be putting a skin on it so I suppose the color won't matter much. It's states the phone is by far the slippiest phone they have ever handled. Here is the article for those interested.

http://m.gsmarena.com/honor_9-review-1629p2.php
    The honor 9 display is 5.15", so the display is 0.05" smaller than the Honor 8. I realize that it makes a significant difference for you but most people won't be able to tell the difference of 0.05" on a phone display, unless you are looking really close side by side.
    07-09-2017 11:29 PM
    The honor 9 display is 5.15", so the display is 0.05" smaller than the Honor 8. I realize that it makes a significant difference for you but most people won't be able to tell the difference of 0.05" on a phone display, unless you are looking really close side by side.
    I was thinking it was more 5.1 vs 5.2 but if only that small of a difference than you're right it won't be hardly noticeable.
    07-11-2017 08:17 PM
    I was thinking it was more 5.1 vs 5.2 but if only that small of a difference than you're right it won't be hardly noticeable.
    Even 0.1" isn't really noticeable to most people. When the note line went from 5.5 to 5.7, it was barely noticeable apart from side by side comparisons when i discussed it with my friends. Of course, obviously some people are more picky on screen size than others, so i don't want to say that you won't really notice a 0.05" or a 0.1" difference. Just that it isn't commonplace.
    07-12-2017 08:12 AM
    Even 0.1" isn't really noticeable to most people. When the note line went from 5.5 to 5.7, it was barely noticeable apart from side by side comparisons when i discussed it with my friends. Of course, obviously some people are more picky on screen size than others, so i don't want to say that you won't really notice a 0.05" or a 0.1" difference. Just that it isn't commonplace.
    I just like the idea of a one handed phone and was thinking more like 5.1 vs 5.2 which real world for feel in one hand is noticeable. With it being that small of a difference then I'm sure one won't be able to really tell real world. However I still want to get the Honor 9 when it's finally released to the US which I seem to think is a while away. Honor isn't really focused too much right now on the US so I'm not looking for it to be available any time soon. By the way I saw a article of the silver grey model which looked great. I'm not sure what color I'll get. Anyone already know what color you're planning on getting in the 9? What are the colors? Blue, Black and Silver? I didn't see a Pearl or white in that article. Anyone know?
    07-12-2017 08:01 PM
    I just like the idea of a one handed phone and was thinking more like 5.1 vs 5.2 which real world for feel in one hand is noticeable. With it being that small of a difference then I'm sure one won't be able to really tell real world. However I still want to get the Honor 9 when it's finally released to the US which I seem to think is a while away. Honor isn't really focused too much right now on the US so I'm not looking for it to be available any time soon. By the way I saw a article of the silver grey model which looked great. I'm not sure what color I'll get. Anyone already know what color you're planning on getting in the 9? What are the colors? Blue, Black and Silver? I didn't see a Pearl or white in that article. Anyone know?
    Colors are discussed here, but also keep in mind it's possible not all colors come to the honor 9 Usa

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t
    07-12-2017 09:01 PM
    Colors are discussed here, but also keep in mind it's possible not all colors come to the honor 9 Usa

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t
    True that! I didn't think about that being the case. We may only see blue and black. I've always wanted to pick up the Pearl White color Honor 8 but I never did.
    07-13-2017 09:30 AM
    Red honor 9 will be awesome.
    laytoncy and Guytronic like this.
    07-13-2017 10:51 AM
    Even more awesome if they donate a portion of the proceeds to charity like Apple does on the red iPhone
    07-13-2017 06:08 PM
    They make a Red honor 9?
    07-13-2017 09:40 PM
    They make a Red honor 9?
    It isn't rumored to be so, but you never know. The iPhone 7 was never rumored to be red either, yet a red iPhone 7 exists
    07-14-2017 08:13 AM
    It isn't rumored to be so, but you never know. The iPhone 7 was never rumored to be red either, yet a red iPhone 7 exists
    Man if they make a Red honor 9 I'd be all over that. I don't see it happening but if it did I'd have one. That would be killer!!
    07-14-2017 08:36 PM
    Man if they make a Red honor 9 I'd be all over that. I don't see it happening but if it did I'd have one. That would be killer!!
    They would also need to do a USA release which at this point is an unknown. Because the international version is severely limited when used in the USA.
    07-15-2017 12:51 AM
    They would also need to do a USA release which at this point is an unknown. Because the international version is severely limited when used in the USA.
    Yeah we can't even tough the international version as it won't work to full potential. I just think it's going to be a while before honor releases the 9 to the US. We are the least on their mind right now as their main core have to be serviced before we do. We don't even knock a dent in their international sales at all. Not until they make a full official release here in the US we will be stuck being last to the party on their new releases. I wish they would hurry though. I want a 9!
    07-15-2017 01:01 PM
179 ... 23456 ...