Who's going to give their Honor 8 up for a Honor 9?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I'm highly interested in getting an honor 9. Who else plans on getting rid of their honor 8 to bring in the 9. If not, why? The honor 9 has a front facing finger print sensor and is 5.1 in size which I personally like over the 5.2 size. I am indifferent about the placement of the fingerprint sensor. What about you guys and pretty gals? Just curious what everyone is going to do. I for one definitely want the honor 9 over the 8. Now the real question is, how long do we have to wait here in the US for it to be readily available which I seem to think it's going to be quite a while to be honest. Thoughts?

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
it looks nice but I don't think I am going to switch from the 8. I like the screen size of the 8, also after using the fingerprint sensor on the back I don't know if I want to go back to it being on the front. Plus my 8 is running so good that I can't justify getting rid of it.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
it looks nice but I don't think I am going to switch from the 8. I like the screen size of the 8, also after using the fingerprint sensor on the back I don't know if I want to go back to it being on the front. Plus my 8 is running so good that I can't justify getting rid of it.
Me too. Honor 8 is nearly perfect already lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I'm highly interested in getting an honor 9. Who else plans on getting rid of their honor 8 to bring in the 9. If not, why? The honor 9 has a front facing finger print sensor and is 5.1 in size which I personally like over the 5.2 size. I am indifferent about the placement of the fingerprint sensor. What about you guys and pretty gals? Just curious what everyone is going to do. I for one definitely want the honor 9 over the 8. Now the real question is, how long do we have to wait here in the US for it to be readily available which I seem to think it's going to be quite a while to be honest. Thoughts?

Wait do you still have your honor 8? I thought that you sold it already.

To answer your question though.... I am tempted to get it to upgrade if I can get the honor 8 at a good price

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Wait do you still have your honor 8? I thought that you sold it already.

To answer your question though.... I am tempted to get it to upgrade if I can get the honor 8 at a good price
I sold my honor 8 recently to make way for iPhone SE but I found it to be just too small. I then traded the SE for a BlackBerry PRIV which I am currently using. This definitely allows me to be wide open to the honor 9 when it finally comes available. I do miss my honor 8 but I was a BlackBerry addict for many years during their height in the mobile market. I love the physical keyboard so I couldn't turn down the tempted over to trade out. I'll most definitely get an honor 9 as I'm indifferent about the fingerprint sensor and I personally like that the 9 is 5.1 as opposed to 5.2.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I will be waiting for a big screen phone next year. Not fussed about the cameras anymore as I've taken up photography with proper cameras.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I sold my honor 8 recently to make way for iPhone SE but I found it to be just too small. I then traded the SE for a BlackBerry PRIV which I am currently using. This definitely allows me to be wide open to the honor 9 when it finally comes available. I do miss my honor 8 but I was a BlackBerry addict for many years during their height in the mobile market. I love the physical keyboard so I couldn't turn down the tempted over to trade out. I'll most definitely get an honor 9 as I'm indifferent about the fingerprint sensor and I personally like that the 9 is 5.1 as opposed to 5.2.

How is the priv treating you? How do you like it compared to the honor 8?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I will be waiting for a big screen phone next year. Not fussed about the cameras anymore as I've taken up photography with proper cameras.

Would it be a Huawei like the mate phones? Or are you considering branching out to other manufacturers?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Would it be a Huawei like the mate phones? Or are you considering branching out to other manufacturers?
I like the PRIV but I also miss my honor 8. That is why I want either a mate 9 or honor 9. The honor 9 will be much more affordable so that's probably what I'll get. The PRIV doesn't have any side bezels making the screen look huge even though it's only 5.4 inches. So far I love it. Lots of features and beautiful quad display. I'll come back to honor though as I like EMUI so much.

Sent from my STV100-1 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the PRIV but I also miss my honor 8. That is why I want either a mate 9 or honor 9. The honor 9 will be much more affordable so that's probably what I'll get. The PRIV doesn't have any side bezels making the screen look huge even though it's only 5.4 inches. So far I love it. Lots of features and beautiful quad display. I'll come back to honor though as I like EMUI so much.

Sent from my STV100-1 using AC Forums mobile app

You can always check out the marketplace or Swappa or whatever . I have seen the mate 9 go for under $400 in mint condition.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
You can always check out the marketplace or Swappa or whatever . I have seen the mate 9 go for under $400 in mint condition.
That's a good idea because I will have around 400 to spend shortly on a new device. I was thinking about the Axon 7 but would rather the mate 9 of course.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's a good idea because I will have around 400 to spend shortly on a new device. I was thinking about the Axon 7 but would rather the mate 9 of course.

I would think that the mate 9 is a better phone than the Axon 7 for you... Especially since you like emui.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would think that the mate 9 is a better phone than the Axon 7 for you... Especially since you like emui.
Oh yeah definitely so! I have been wanting the mate 9 for quite a while but the Huawei side of things are so much higher in price. I'd love to find one used but I want the complete box kit too. You are right, I do like EMUI a lot and I have high expectations for it too for the future. If I could find a mate 9 for around 350 to 400 I'd be on it. Just they don't pop up for sale often because really aside from all of us on here, most or majority of the average consumer has no idea Huawei honor even exists. I keep thinking the mate 9 will go on sale but so far it's held its price and hasn't moved. I've wanted one since the day it was released but I try not to spend over 400 for a phone anymore. Too many other good ones out there at that price point or below. Hopefully the Mate will go on sale at some point but by then it will be dated and I'll want the latest model lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah definitely so! I have been wanting the mate 9 for quite a while but the Huawei side of things are so much higher in price. I'd love to find one used but I want the complete box kit too. You are right, I do like EMUI a lot and I have high expectations for it too for the future. If I could find a mate 9 for around 350 to 400 I'd be on it. Just they don't pop up for sale often because really aside from all of us on here, most or majority of the average consumer has no idea Huawei honor even exists. I keep thinking the mate 9 will go on sale but so far it's held its price and hasn't moved. I've wanted one since the day it was released but I try not to spend over 400 for a phone anymore. Too many other good ones out there at that price point or below. Hopefully the Mate will go on sale at some point but by then it will be dated and I'll want the latest model lol.

I would just keep checking the various sites like Swappa and eBay . I would think that you would be able to get $400 with a little patience and luck.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would just keep checking the various sites like Swappa and eBay . I would think that you would be able to get $400 with a little patience and luck.
Hey I appreciate the help as I'll keep my eye open on both sites. Do you have a Mate 9? I'm just wondering how much alike it is to the Honor 8?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey I appreciate the help as I'll keep my eye open on both sites. Do you have a Mate 9? I'm just wondering how much alike it is to the Honor 8?

I don't have a mate 9, but i suspect that emui 5 on both would be fairly similar. Of course the mate 9 has a larger screen and newer processor, bigger battery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers