The Update to EMUI 5.1 and/or Android O (8.0)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It would certainly be interesting to see which direction they go, keeping with emui 5 and going closer to stock,or going back to emui4 which had a lot of customization

I definitely hope they update to resemble 4.1 instead of totally forgetting that they created EMUI to be unique and different than that of Android all together but that said majority of the Android world does not like EMUI which I guess they don't appreciate change or a very unique and refreshing software that does not remotely be anything like stock Android but with each of their updates it suggests otherwise and it seems honor is doing exactly what majority of the Android world wants which is to turn EMUI into stock Android which to me would be a huge mistake on their part. EMUI is what makes them stand out of the crowd not blend in. For these ones who dislikes EMUI why publicly hate on it even down to the professional reviewers. Simply put it you don't welcome a good nice solid change to what Android is which is laggy, choppy and sticky then don't even bother reviewing the honor 8 nor buying it. Honor I'm afraid is going to cave in to the majority here and we will continue to see EMUI become more and more like stock Android which if so they will loose me as a faithful customer. I loved 4.1 and I'm actually thinking about going back to it as I called Huawei USA the other day and they emailed me the official roll back software and instructions. 4.1 was how I learned to use EMUI so it by far is my favorite but we have seen a slow progression towards stock Android with every major update since 4.1 was the current software. I highly doubt Huawei honor would revert back to the more unique and different than Android software as that would be exactly what majority of EMUI users do not want which makes no sense to me. Why use the phone or buy the phone them completely complain about the software experience. Simply put buy a touchwiz Samsung and enjoy a laggy and choppy experience like that of most all of Android anyway. My point is that Huawei Honor needs to stick with EMUI being as different from Android as possible as I see their software as innovation and not a bad thing just bc there is a lack of an app drawer or settings it totally different than typical Android but I digress. We will continue to see EMUI evolve into more like stock Android as times goes on and no way now would they revert back to the likes of 4.1 which was my favorite version of EMUI simply bc it was just that unique and different than typical Android as we know it. Still though almost every review I see the reviwer places a negative comment towards EMUI though. What in the world is so bad about it being different and why not welcome the change and unique innovation that 4.1 brought to the user experience. How can that be a negative unless you are just an Android bandwagoner and hate on anything different than Android. I did not even consider 4.1 to even be Android at all. It was in it's own league. I saw that as a great thing and that is why I still use the honor 8 today but when they completely turn into stock Android then they will loose me as a faithful supporter and customer. Too bad I'm in the minority here bc 4.1 was the very best EMUI has ever been.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's true but the 5x was abandoned long ago and not really heavily pushed by Honor. The honor 8 and 9 seem more heavily pushed. Hopefully that will mean better support for them.

This isn't really a dis on Honor... Samsung , LG,htc etc don't really support their low end stuff as well as flagships either, and the honor 8 i would consider to be honor's flagship.

I think it's a bad move on huawei honor if they totally write off the honor 5x and not follow through with their promise of two years of updates. That shows lack of integrity of a company no matter what model it is. Same with the honor 8. There is a lot of speculation that the honor 8 won't receive a full two years worth of updates either but overall all their phones should be updated as they initially promised as part of their promotion to sell the product. What about all the honor 5x users. Why should they be left out to dry just because the honor 8 did better in sales. Integrity is more important for a company than just doing what makes them the most money long term. Especially if they desire to enter the US market and become number one as ive read in many articles. If you can't trust that your product you bought will not get the updates initially promised to you then why would one to continue to buy from a company that does not keep their business promises for that said product. All it does is puts lack of faith and trust in the potential repeat customer making them buy from a company who does hold integrity which is their promise to you on any product they sell and state what they will offer with that product you just bought. Like right now I have my doubts that the honor 8 will see a full two years of updates or if it does we will get one more at the very last second. Half done and not optimized like it should have been. Plus I don't see honor ever releasing the honor 9 here. That device is pushing 6 months old now. We will not see it and I'm even thinking we won't see another honor flagship either to take the place of the honor 8 and that is a huge let down to me. I love Huawei honor and I believe they do make superior devices with great prices but as they have stated in articles, the US is not high on their current priority list right now meaning we probably won't get another honor flagship to rival the honor 8 like we all certainly would want to see. I'd love to be able to have an opportunity to buy another honor device but it's not looking like I'll have that chance. They have some great phones to choose from too. We might see maybe one mid range model but nothing as good as the honor 8 or else they would have released the honor 9 or the honor 8 pro by now. I hope I'm totally wrong and they hit us with some great phones but I'm not in any way expecting it.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I definitely hope they update to resemble 4.1 instead of totally forgetting that they created EMUI to be unique and different than that of Android all together but that said majority of the Android world does not like EMUI which I guess they don't appreciate change or a very unique and refreshing software that does not remotely be anything like stock Android but with each of their updates it suggests otherwise and it seems honor is doing exactly what majority of the Android world wants which is to turn EMUI into stock Android which to me would be a huge mistake on their part. EMUI is what makes them stand out of the crowd not blend in. For these ones who dislikes EMUI why publicly hate on it even down to the professional reviewers. Simply put it you don't welcome a good nice solid change to what Android is which is laggy, choppy and sticky then don't even bother reviewing the honor 8 nor buying it. Honor I'm afraid is going to cave in to the majority here and we will continue to see EMUI become more and more like stock Android which if so they will loose me as a faithful customer. I loved 4.1 and I'm actually thinking about going back to it as I called Huawei USA the other day and they emailed me the official roll back software and instructions. 4.1 was how I learned to use EMUI so it by far is my favorite but we have seen a slow progression towards stock Android with every major update since 4.1 was the current software. I highly doubt Huawei honor would revert back to the more unique and different than Android software as that would be exactly what majority of EMUI users do not want which makes no sense to me. Why use the phone or buy the phone them completely complain about the software experience. Simply put buy a touchwiz Samsung and enjoy a laggy and choppy experience like that of most all of Android anyway. My point is that Huawei Honor needs to stick with EMUI being as different from Android as possible as I see their software as innovation and not a bad thing just bc there is a lack of an app drawer or settings it totally different than typical Android but I digress. We will continue to see EMUI evolve into more like stock Android as times goes on and no way now would they revert back to the likes of 4.1 which was my favorite version of EMUI simply bc it was just that unique and different than typical Android as we know it. Still though almost every review I see the reviwer places a negative comment towards EMUI though. What in the world is so bad about it being different and why not welcome the change and unique innovation that 4.1 brought to the user experience. How can that be a negative unless you are just an Android bandwagoner and hate on anything different than Android. I did not even consider 4.1 to even be Android at all. It was in it's own league. I saw that as a great thing and that is why I still use the honor 8 today but when they completely turn into stock Android then they will loose me as a faithful supporter and customer. Too bad I'm in the minority here bc 4.1 was the very best EMUI has ever been.
I think they are catering to the majority. I'm not sure if they'll go back to how emui 4/4.1 was

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I hope for your sake that they move backwards towards emui 4.1 so it is unique

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a bad move on huawei honor if they totally write off the honor 5x and not follow through with their promise of two years of updates. That shows lack of integrity of a company no matter what model it is. Same with the honor 8. There is a lot of speculation that the honor 8 won't receive a full two years worth of updates either but overall all their phones should be updated as they initially promised as part of their promotion to sell the product. What about all the honor 5x users. Why should they be left out to dry just because the honor 8 did better in sales. Integrity is more important for a company than just doing what makes them the most money long term. Especially if they desire to enter the US market and become number one as ive read in many articles. If you can't trust that your product you bought will not get the updates initially promised to you then why would one to continue to buy from a company that does not keep their business promises for that said product. All it does is puts lack of faith and trust in the potential repeat customer making them buy from a company who does hold integrity which is their promise to you on any product they sell and state what they will offer with that product you just bought. Like right now I have my doubts that the honor 8 will see a full two years of updates or if it does we will get one more at the very last second. Half done and not optimized like it should have been. Plus I don't see honor ever releasing the honor 9 here. That device is pushing 6 months old now. We will not see it and I'm even thinking we won't see another honor flagship either to take the place of the honor 8 and that is a huge let down to me. I love Huawei honor and I believe they do make superior devices with great prices but as they have stated in articles, the US is not high on their current priority list right now meaning we probably won't get another honor flagship to rival the honor 8 like we all certainly would want to see. I'd love to be able to have an opportunity to buy another honor device but it's not looking like I'll have that chance. They have some great phones to choose from too. We might see maybe one mid range model but nothing as good as the honor 8 or else they would have released the honor 9 or the honor 8 pro by now. I hope I'm totally wrong and they hit us with some great phones but I'm not in any way expecting it.
It's definitely a bad move for 5x. Hopefully they will fix it but, seems unlikely

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's definitely a bad move for 5x. Hopefully they will fix it but, seems unlikely
I think it is a very bad decision on honors part for not fulfilling their initial promise to update that phone for two years. That automatically gives me doubt about the date of updates for the honor 8. One reason why I'm considering going back to an iPhone so I know I'm always going to get the latest updates for years. I have my doubts about the honor 8 even before I knew they left the honor 5x customers out to dry. Now I have even more doubts. If we do get Oreo it will be at the end of the two year mark I think.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a very bad decision on honors part for not fulfilling their initial promise to update that phone for two years. That automatically gives me doubt about the date of updates for the honor 8. One reason why I'm considering going back to an iPhone so I know I'm always going to get the latest updates for years. I have my doubts about the honor 8 even before I knew they left the honor 5x customers out to dry. Now I have even more doubts. If we do get Oreo it will be at the end of the two year mark I think.

Well oreo came out within the two year mark so, we should get it if Huawei keeps their word

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think indeed it will get it but not anytime soon. It's a long way off and will probably happen nearer the end of the two year update promise. They are in no hurry I don't think.
Oh i think it will be in a few months at the earliest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz