Honor 8 Speaker Quality

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Thoughts on the speaker of the Honor 8? Mine sounds pretty nice on full volume, but the bass is lacking in comparison to an iPhone 7 Plus that I tested it against (which is to be expected, as it's far less expensive).

I feel like it's gotten slightly better after heavy use ("breaking in"?), but that might just be the placebo effect.

Also, I've gotten water out of my Honor 8's speakers by playing music with heavy bass lots of times, and with no ill effect(I tend to drop my phones in water often).

Thoughts on the Honor 8's speaker?

-lumivalo

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's pretty decent... Good for a smartphone. Very usable and sounds good enough.

I have no complaints. Yes there are phones that I have used that sound better, all of which cost more than the Honor 8. But I think about expected for the price

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like my speaker quality. I very often play my music while putting on makeup or doing my hair/getting ready for things, and it's good enough that I can walk around and still be able to hear it well. Not tinny and even on full volume, I enjoy it. Headphones are good too!

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I feel the speaker quality it decent. Not as good as I've heard on other phones but not the worst. I do feel that at high volume it can become a bit distorted. Compared to my old S5 it's better, but that's also due to the speaker being in the back of that phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC