Hi guys! I tried making this post an hour ago but it didn't show up - if this turns out to be a duplicate, I apologize!

Does anyone use Do Not Disturb on their Honor 8 regularly? I use it almost every night, and I've noticed that it does put some tax on my battery. For example, if my phone charges at night and I then unplug it and have DND enabled, I will notice a slight drain in the morning. Today, it was a 13% drain; but sometimes it's a little better or maybe fifteen percent. I guess it depends on the amount of notifications I get that need to be silenced; and/or LED notifications going off if I get a priority alert.

Does the same kind of drain happen for anyone else? Other than this, I'm experiencing good battery life.
    07-13-2017 08:39 AM
    That sounds strange but it could depend on how you have your DND setup. As in what you let ring/notify. Personally, I've been too lazy to setup mine and end up muting my phone when going into meetings or nights when I have my phone in the room. Oddly enough, I don't sleep with my phone in my room because it is the only time that I can get without being tied to it for work.

Somewhat off topic but on the subject of battery life, mine is not as good as it was when I first received my phone last year. I would get 4-5 hours SoT and a good amount of time for voice calls and now I average 2.5-3.5 hours of SoT before needing to charge. This still does the job for me though and is much better than my previous Moto X 2014 PE.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2017 09:25 AM
    That sounds strange but it could depend on how you have your DND setup. As in what you let ring/notify. Personally, I've been too lazy to setup mine and end up muting my phone when going into meetings or nights when I have my phone in the room. Oddly enough, I don't sleep with my phone in my room because it is the only time that I can get without being tied to it for work.

Somewhat off topic but on the subject of battery life, mine is not as good as it was when I first received my phone last year. I would get 4-5 hours SoT and a good amount of time for voice calls and now I average 2.5-3.5 hours of SoT before needing to charge. This still does the job for me though and is much better than my previous Moto X 2014 PE.
    Good point. I should look at my Do Not Disturb settings to see if I can tweak anything. Can't really remember what I've done with them, other than just having two or three Priority contacts. I used to just shut off my wifi but sometimes I'd still get the odd insignificant text which would wake me up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hmm, I'm sorry to hear that your battery life is not the same! I think mine is also not as good as it was when I first got it; but like you, it's still pretty good and gets me through the day. You said you've had yours for a year?
    07-13-2017 09:54 AM
    I received mine 11/30/16. Got it from Jet.com on a great Black Friday deal for $285. I have the Sapphire Blue 64GB model. I love the phone and it's only my 2nd Android device. It definitely still gets me through the day and I pay less attention to the SoT than I used to unless I'm having to plug it in before 6pm. Most days I don't have to plug in until I head to bed.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2017 11:18 AM
    I received mine 11/30/16. Got it from Jet.com on a great Black Friday deal for $285. I have the Sapphire Blue 64GB model. I love the phone and it's only my 2nd Android device. It definitely still gets me through the day and I pay less attention to the SoT than I used to unless I'm having to plug it in before 6pm. Most days I don't have to plug in until I head to bed.
    Wow, that's an AMAZING deal! And a beautiful colour to boot! Yeah, I too don't pay much attention to my SOT and just give it a charge when it's bedtime. Glad you're liking it as your second Android device? What was your first one? I had the Nexus 5 as my first device!
    07-13-2017 12:00 PM
    I just turn my phone off when I don't want to be disturbed.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2017 04:20 PM
    I could do this... It actually wakes for one's alarm to sound. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    07-13-2017 04:44 PM
    Dnd is great for exceptions like phone calls from my parents or my wife. Never know when an emergency arises.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2017 06:07 PM
    Dnd is great for exceptions like phone calls from my parents or my wife. Never know when an emergency arises.
    I have my mom, boyfriend, and supervisor as priority alerts; so I feel like I can't always have my phone turned off or on Silent, you know? DND is awesome for this.
    07-13-2017 07:27 PM
    My first was the Moto X 2014 Pure Edition before this I was all iPhones. I LOVED that phone. I loved Moto software and the always on screen. It was pure Android and I can't say enough good things about it. But the battery on mine and many many others degraded or had issues or something and it would say it had 25%-30% left and it would then cut off. I could turn it back on and it would still say 20% or so then die. I couldn't make it to 2pm without charging. So, I was forced to get a new phone. If it wasn't for that I'd still be using that phone. Buying the Honor 8 though makes me never want to pay more than $400 for a phone again.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2017 08:15 PM
    My first was the Moto X 2014 Pure Edition before this I was all iPhones. I LOVED that phone. I loved Moto software and the always on screen. It was pure Android and I can't say enough good things about it. But the battery on mine and many many others degraded or had issues or something and it would say it had 25%-30% left and it would then cut off. I could turn it back on and it would still say 20% or so then die. I couldn't make it to 2pm without charging. So, I was forced to get a new phone. If it wasn't for that I'd still be using that phone. Buying the Honor 8 though makes me never want to pay more than $400 for a phone again.
    I've heard great things about the Moto line! I love it! I'm sorry you had battery issues - my LG G3's battery loathed me, so I definitely feel your pain! Glad you are enjoying your Honor 8! And agreed! It'll be difficult for me to consider spending more on the U11 next year. Honor is definitely the best bang for your buck - or one of the best, for sure!
    07-13-2017 08:31 PM
    I have my mom, boyfriend, and supervisor as priority alerts; so I feel like I can't always have my phone turned off or on Silent, you know? DND is awesome for this.
    Wow you put your supervisor as a priority? I block mine! I put in my 8 hours and the rest of the day is mine... Better not bug me.

But yeah... It is a great feature to have.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2017 08:46 PM
    Wow you put your supervisor as a priority? I block mine! I put in my 8 hours and the rest of the day is mine... Better not bug me.

But yeah... It is a great feature to have.
    LOOL well to be fair, she is also a close friend of mine. She's the only coworker that makes the list haha. ๐Ÿ˜œ
    07-13-2017 09:13 PM
    Do your alarms work with DND on OP? I stopped using it because my alarms don't actually sound when DND is turned on. The notifications come, and the phone makes noise if I click the notification, but that's useless obviously when I am asleep. I'd like to sue the feature if I could.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-14-2017 06:39 AM
    Do your alarms work with DND on OP? I stopped using it because my alarms don't actually sound when DND is turned on. The notifications come, and the phone makes noise if I click the notification, but that's useless obviously when I am asleep. I'd like to sue the feature if I could.
    Hi! Yes, my alarms work with DND enabled - I think that's a setting you cannot undo in DND's subsection.

In the screenshot, where it says "allow priority interruptions only," you can set it to "just alarms."
    Attached Thumbnails Do Not Disturb?-17787.jpg ย 
    07-14-2017 07:34 PM
    Thanks for letting me know! Must be a bug on my phone, because if I turn on priority or alarms same effect, no sound when the alarm goes off. Maybe it's time for a reset.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-14-2017 07:37 PM
    Thanks for letting me know! Must be a bug on my phone, because if I turn on priority or alarms same effect, no sound when the alarm goes off. Maybe it's time for a reset.
    No problem! Perhaps try restarting your device first, to see if that fixes anything?
    07-14-2017 07:57 PM
    No problem! Perhaps try restarting your device first, to see if that fixes anything?
    If not you might need to try a factory data reset. Obviously this is a last resort, but if this feature is very important to you then the effort to do a factory data reset might be worth it
    07-15-2017 12:55 AM
    If not you might need to try a factory data reset. Obviously this is a last resort, but if this feature is very important to you then the effort to do a factory data reset might be worth it
    Thanks to both for your thoughts. I may at some point do the reset, as I have tried everything else and nothing works. What is particularly weird if that third party alarms (I tried Alarmy) work properly. For now that is my workaround I guess. But I never would have thought to try that without this thread, so thanks again.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-15-2017 07:05 AM
    Thanks to both for your thoughts. I may at some point do the reset, as I have tried everything else and nothing works. What is particularly weird if that third party alarms (I tried Alarmy) work properly. For now that is my workaround I guess. But I never would have thought to try that without this thread, so thanks again.
    No problem! Let us know what happens!
    07-15-2017 07:24 AM
    That's weird for sure regarding the third party alarms. But hey at least some alarm works. I am betting that the alarm app isn't properly coded to register in the system as an alarm app which is why it isn't behaving like the stock app.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-15-2017 08:34 AM
    That's weird for sure regarding the third party alarms. But hey at least some alarm works. I am betting that the alarm app isn't properly coded to register in the system as an alarm app which is why it isn't behaving like the stock app.
    Good theory!
    07-15-2017 06:02 PM