I have Honor 8 for some time, but suddenly wifi stopped working. the Wifi button is greyed out, when I try turning it it is half blue for a few seconds and then it's grey again. I tried turning the phone on/off, clearing network settings, wipe memory cache, uninstalling antivirus (McAfee) and nothing helped. Please help!
    07-25-2017 04:01 AM
    I have Honor 8 for some time, but suddenly wifi stopped working. the Wifi button is greyed out, when I try turning it it is half blue for a few seconds and then it's grey again. I tried turning the phone on/off, clearing network settings, wipe memory cache, uninstalling antivirus (McAfee) and nothing helped. Please help!
    Have you tried starting up in Safe mode?
    07-25-2017 04:54 AM
    Tried Safe mode, still not working. any other ideas?
    07-25-2017 05:30 AM
    Have you tried to do a factory data reset? Be sure to backup data first
    07-25-2017 10:39 AM
    not yet, want to do that as a last resort, dont want to loose any data
    . it must be something simple. also it happened after a flight, where I have my phone on a flight mode. do you think it might be connected?
    07-25-2017 01:41 PM
    not yet, want to do that as a last resort, dont want to loose any data
    . it must be something simple. also it happened after a flight, where I have my phone on a flight mode. do you think it might be connected?
    You never know, perhaps there could be a connection. Have you tried resetting your WiFi connection - any other devices not being able to connect? What about turning the phone off and on?
    dpham00 likes this.
    08-03-2017 09:07 AM
    You never know, perhaps there could be a connection. Have you tried resetting your WiFi connection - any other devices not being able to connect? What about turning the phone off and on?
    The WIFI switch wouldn't be greyed out if it was a local wifi issue. It should still show ON, and just not find the network or have issues connecting. This is a weird issue. If a factory reset doesn't work I would have to guess it's a hardware issue
    dpham00 and Morty2264 like this.
    08-05-2017 11:37 PM
    The WIFI switch wouldn't be greyed out if it was a local wifi issue. It should still show ON, and just not find the network or have issues connecting. This is a weird issue. If a factory reset doesn't work I would have to guess it's a hardware issue
    Good point. Let's hope it's not a hardware issue! I hate having to deal with warranty work.
    08-06-2017 12:41 AM
    Good point! Please keep us updated on your situation!
    08-06-2017 08:06 AM

Could you fix it? How did you do that?

I have exactly the same problem!
    Indeed really annoying
    12-11-2017 11:00 AM
    Could you fix it? How did you do that?

I have exactly the same problem!
    Indeed really annoying

I have exactly the same problem. help.
    05-21-2018 05:41 AM