Honor 8 warranty repair inquiry

vtua

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Hope people, who may be in the same situation now or those who may run into it in the future, would find this information somewhat helpful.

mohammad zeeshan1

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Re: They did the same with me. i sent my cell phone for the wifi issue and they asked me to send 220

i had the same experience. huawei company didnt repair my device which had wifi issue. They asked for 15000 rs for repair. if they are charging us for repair then warranty is useless.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: They did the same with me. i sent my cell phone for the wifi issue and they asked me to send 220

i had the same experience. huawei company didnt repair my device which had wifi issue. They asked for 15000 rs for repair. if they are charging us for repair then warranty is useless.
What was their justification for charging you?

vtua

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Exactly. They shouldn't charge you at all
Sure they can do that. Huawei Device USA Inc. Limited Warranty has plenty of holes, allowing it to be voided. For instance, as per Section 7A:
7. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
a) Abuse, accident, misuse, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, or dampness.

These clauses are open for interpretation, which is not in favour of the customers.

Last edited:

vtua

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
You are right but unfortunately, I believe that most smartphone manufacturers have similar clauses.
That may be true that other manufacturers have some sort of a wording like that. But what's really unfortunate is that Huawei is hiding behind such wording to shy away from the warranty repair.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That may be true that other manufacturers have some sort of a wording like that. But what's really unfortunate is that Huawei is hiding behind such wording to shy away from the warranty repair.
I have read of apple and Samsung denying warranty service due to water damage too.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Believe me, it's one thing to read about such things, and totally different—to experience it firsthand.
You are definitely right there. All I can say is that people are saying the same thing about other manufacturers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay