Why my honor 8 gets heated near camera when i use camera..??

A

AC Question

I have noticed that in my honor 8 when i use camera my phone gets heated upto 50-51°C at the back near the back camera and volume rockers after 3 to 5 mins of usage..is this normal as the device is new and i got it on 1st of august 2017 throught snapdeal...plz help me with this..

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that in my honor 8 when i use camera my phone gets heated upto 50-51°C at the back near the back camera and volume rockers after 3 to 5 mins of usage..is this normal as the device is new and i got it on 1st of august 2017 throught snapdeal...plz help me with this..

Welcome To AndroidCentral! Thanks for the question :)

If you are recording 1080p video at 60fps for 5 minutes or more, there is a possibility that the phone can get a little warm. It normally happens when people record 4K video though and not so much with lower resolutions. I wouldn't worry too much.

Do you have any other Applications running in the background at the same time?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Syed Arbaz

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
I just open the camera app and click some pics then view them and again click pics and after 3-4 minutes i can feel the phone getting warm near the camera and the cpu temp is arround 50°C..

Syed Arbaz

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
When i was clicking pictures indoor for arround 6 to 7 minutes, the max temperature the cpu went through was 47°C but when use it for same time in oudoors the max temperature i observed was 51 to 53°C..is this normal..

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's normal.

The camera is possibly one of the most intensive tasks for a phone since it pushes the CPU, GPU, signal processor and camera hardware.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It certainly sounds normal, but if you are concerned then you can contact Honor customer support and have them verify for peace of mind

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much. These phones should have fail safes in them.

But with regards to your question, I have seen my s7 edge hit the failsafe and automatically restart when the cpu was consistently hitting in the 90s Celsius.

I haven't hit the failsafe on my Honor 8.

But to put things into perspective, the ambient temperature has been higher than the temperatures that you saw in my state of residence just last month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12