12-19-2017 10:47 PM
109 12345
tools
    I wouldn't put too much trust in the medias. Apple is probably still gonna sell truck loads of iPhone 8/8, Plus. Not everyone can drop 1K. especially since a lot of Apple fan base are young adults.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-06-2017 04:59 PM
    I wouldn't put too much trust in the medias. Apple is probably still gonna sell truck loads of iPhone 8/8, Plus. Not everyone can drop 1K. especially since a lot of Apple fan base are young adults.
    You have a very good point with regards to a segment of Apple's fan base.
    10-06-2017 05:00 PM
    True, theyre probably gonna do just fine. I just think it'll take them a touch longer to overtake Huawei than expected.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-07-2017 01:44 AM
    Oh for sure. Though I wonder if people are starting to get tired of the design. It hasn't really changed since the iPhone 6.
    I have to imagine that it's intentional at this point. Even changing materials, and still keeping the same shape. But it could also be a way to encourage people to get the x.
    10-07-2017 10:14 AM
    Given the move to financing, I don't think it's going to make a big difference. I mean the difference between a base 8p and x is $200... Which is significant... But when looked at from a monthly payment perspective, the difference is $8.33/mo... That's about the price of a McDonald's value meal. Heck, my side tater tots from yesterday's lunch was $7...although it wasn't McDonald's.
    10-07-2017 10:22 AM
    True, theyre probably gonna do just fine. I just think it'll take them a touch longer to overtake Huawei than expected.
    They have already overtaken apple.. At least in the short run. Though Apple will come back of course.
    10-07-2017 10:24 AM
    Given the move to financing, I don't think it's going to make a big difference. I mean the difference between a base 8p and x is $200... Which is significant... But when looked at from a monthly payment perspective, the difference is $8.33/mo... That's about the price of a McDonald's value meal. Heck, my side tater tots from yesterday's lunch was $7...although it wasn't McDonald's.
    It's huge actually. I used to work for a phone retailer that deals with all four US major carriers. And people complain about $100 difference. Now these are $200 difference. Some people don't see it as few dollars more a month. They see how much more they're spending total.
    editguy likes this.
    10-07-2017 04:20 PM
    It's huge actually. I used to work for a phone retailer that deals with all four US major carriers. And people complain about $100 difference. Now these are $200 difference. Some people don't see it as few dollars more a month. They see how much more they're spending total.
    Oh i am sure some people won't buy it due to the $200 increase. But Apple did studies I am sure on the pricing. And they should be making more money overall compared to if they came out with it at the lower price tag... Apple doesn't really care about being number one in volume... They would rather be number one in profit... Even if that means a few less people buying their phones
    10-07-2017 04:50 PM
    The UK and a lot of Europe still had 2 year contracts linked to phone purchases, I'm sure they will sell a tonne when contracts start expiring and those with the iPhone that don't support all new software features in ios 11 but don't want to buy the x
    10-08-2017 04:20 AM
    The UK and a lot of Europe still had 2 year contracts linked to phone purchases, I'm sure they will sell a tonne when contracts start expiring and those with the iPhone that don't support all new software features in ios 11 but don't want to buy the x
    I don't think that it really matters that much on the iPhone. I didn't see much of significant importance that more recent iPhones can't support,for the ios 11 features.

Can you elaborate on which software features that you are referring to of significant importance that won't work on say a iPhone 6 or even 5s?
    10-08-2017 11:40 AM
    I don't think that it really matters that much on the iPhone. I didn't see much of significant importance that more recent iPhones can't support,for the ios 11 features.

Can you elaborate on which software features that you are referring to of significant importance that won't work on say a iPhone 6 or even 5s?
    Not necessarily that won't work, the increased demand on the processor slow older phones.
    10-12-2017 03:58 AM
    Not necessarily that won't work, the increased demand on the processor slow older phones.
    True, but it takes awhile. My wife still has a 5s and all previous os updates haven't affected the speed of her phone. It was only till she upgraded to 11 that she noticed a bit of a slow down. Still very useable though.
    10-12-2017 07:27 AM
    True, but it takes awhile. My wife still has a 5s and all previous os updates haven't affected the speed of her phone. It was only till she upgraded to 11 that she noticed a bit of a slow down. Still very useable though.
    It's a four year old phone though... The Google equivalent for 2013 is the nexus 5...oreo? Forget it. Heck it won't even get nougat.

Also... It could be optimization issues due to moving to 64 bit ... Even those with the iPhone 7 noticed slowdowns.
    10-12-2017 02:16 PM
    It's a four year old phone though... The Google equivalent for 2013 is the nexus 5...oreo? Forget it. Heck it won't even get nougat.

Also... It could be optimization issues due to moving to 64 bit ... Even those with the iPhone 7 noticed slowdowns.
    True ios11 was a pretty big update.
    10-12-2017 03:18 PM
    Apple once again took the 2nd spot in the Q3 results
    11-06-2017 11:09 PM
    Apple once again took the 2nd spot in the Q3 results
    Q4 will be the big decider.
    11-07-2017 03:41 PM
    Just wait until Huawei Honor officially enters the US market and has ties with all four carriers. First year will be slow but the second year they will take off like crazy. They will need a year to get established. There is no doubt once they enter the US and are here for two or three years that will become number one. Think about what they offer no matter whether it's Huawei or honor they offer a high end above mid range smart phone on both sides at a cheaper price especially the honor side. Look at the honor 8 and honor 9. Those two phones are supposed to be budget and to honor that is what their budget consist of. We all know though that both the honor 8 and honor 9 are very near flagship type devices but look at what you pay compared to other companies for an upper end mid range phone or a low end flagship. You pay lots more than what honor charges. That is one reason they will become number one two years after the enter the US. Plus they make a superior phone packed with features and their skin does not make their phones lag any at all unlike Samsung and TouchWiz does. Just give them two years after coming to the US and I think they will be neck and neck with Samsung or have already taken the number one spot but however I do think to do this that they need to continue to release at least one honor flagship phone here a year and one Huawei flagship phone here a year until they are officially here so that they continue to keep spreading their brand recognition. That's the part that will hurt them if they stop releasing both phones here before they enter. They are due for both Huawei the honor but there is a lot of speculation that they won't release another honor flagship here. That would be a very bad business decision if they were not to release another flagship from the honor side. I think they already have confirmed that the mate 10 will be a US market release so now they need to spring the news of an honor flagship release next which will only help them long term here. The honor 8 has just about played out so it's time so I guess in the next two or three months we shall see what they plan to do. I hope they don't make a bad decision. I really like Huawei Honor. They are by far my favorite company for smart phones. They make a great tablet too but they've yet to release a celluar model here though.
    11-07-2017 05:40 PM
    Q4 will be the big decider.
    Yah let's see how this goes
    11-07-2017 06:59 PM
    Just wait until Huawei Honor officially enters the US market and has ties with all four carriers. First year will be slow but the second year they will take off like crazy. They will need a year to get established. There is no doubt once they enter the US and are here for two or three years that will become number one. Think about what they offer no matter whether it's Huawei or honor they offer a high end above mid range smart phone on both sides at a cheaper price especially the honor side. Look at the honor 8 and honor 9. Those two phones are supposed to be budget and to honor that is what their budget consist of. We all know though that both the honor 8 and honor 9 are very near flagship type devices but look at what you pay compared to other companies for an upper end mid range phone or a low end flagship. You pay lots more than what honor charges. That is one reason they will become number one two years after the enter the US. Plus they make a superior phone packed with features and their skin does not make their phones lag any at all unlike Samsung and TouchWiz does. Just give them two years after coming to the US and I think they will be neck and neck with Samsung or have already taken the number one spot but however I do think to do this that they need to continue to release at least one honor flagship phone here a year and one Huawei flagship phone here a year until they are officially here so that they continue to keep spreading their brand recognition. That's the part that will hurt them if they stop releasing both phones here before they enter. They are due for both Huawei the honor but there is a lot of speculation that they won't release another honor flagship here. That would be a very bad business decision if they were not to release another flagship from the honor side. I think they already have confirmed that the mate 10 will be a US market release so now they need to spring the news of an honor flagship release next which will only help them long term here. The honor 8 has just about played out so it's time so I guess in the next two or three months we shall see what they plan to do. I hope they don't make a bad decision. I really like Huawei Honor. They are by far my favorite company for smart phones. They make a great tablet too but they've yet to release a celluar model here though.
    The most important thing imo is marketing. If they throw a lot of money into marketing once in the 4 carriers then I think that they could be successful
    11-07-2017 07:10 PM
    Marketing is huge. Show off what your phone has to offer and get people excited. they might buy them.
    11-07-2017 11:11 PM
    Marketing is huge. Show off what your phone has to offer and get people excited. they might buy them.
    Not just that but must to get your name out. How many Americans recognize the Huawei brand?
    11-08-2017 03:54 PM
    Not just that but must to get your name out. How many Americans recognize the Huawei brand?
    Huawei would be smart to use a phonetic name for the US market. It it pronounced "Wa-Way"?
    11-08-2017 04:15 PM
    Yah that too. Hopefully they don't mock it since it's a Chinese brand.
    11-08-2017 04:33 PM
    Huawei would be smart to use a phonetic name for the US market. It it pronounced "Wa-Way"?
    At first I thought it pronounced Hu-Way. But nope lol
    11-08-2017 04:35 PM
    At first I thought it pronounced Hu-Way. But nope lol
    I hope you know I wasn't making fun of it.
    11-08-2017 04:36 PM
109 12345