Huawei overtakes apple sales.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Looks like they might stay in front of Apple for a bit longer as the iPhone 8 isnt flying off the shelves. Now when the X comes out...

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't put too much trust in the medias. Apple is probably still gonna sell truck loads of iPhone 8/8, Plus. Not everyone can drop 1K. especially since a lot of Apple fan base are young adults.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't put too much trust in the medias. Apple is probably still gonna sell truck loads of iPhone 8/8, Plus. Not everyone can drop 1K. especially since a lot of Apple fan base are young adults.

You have a very good point with regards to a segment of Apple's fan base.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

True, theyre probably gonna do just fine. I just think it'll take them a touch longer to overtake Huawei than expected.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh for sure. Though I wonder if people are starting to get tired of the design. It hasn't really changed since the iPhone 6.
I have to imagine that it's intentional at this point. Even changing materials, and still keeping the same shape. But it could also be a way to encourage people to get the x.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Given the move to financing, I don't think it's going to make a big difference. I mean the difference between a base 8p and x is $200... Which is significant... But when looked at from a monthly payment perspective, the difference is $8.33/mo... That's about the price of a McDonald's value meal. Heck, my side tater tots from yesterday's lunch was $7...although it wasn't McDonald's.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
True, theyre probably gonna do just fine. I just think it'll take them a touch longer to overtake Huawei than expected.
They have already overtaken apple.. At least in the short run. Though Apple will come back of course.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Given the move to financing, I don't think it's going to make a big difference. I mean the difference between a base 8p and x is $200... Which is significant... But when looked at from a monthly payment perspective, the difference is $8.33/mo... That's about the price of a McDonald's value meal. Heck, my side tater tots from yesterday's lunch was $7...although it wasn't McDonald's.

It's huge actually. I used to work for a phone retailer that deals with all four US major carriers. And people complain about $100 difference. Now these are $200 difference. Some people don't see it as few dollars more a month. They see how much more they're spending total.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's huge actually. I used to work for a phone retailer that deals with all four US major carriers. And people complain about $100 difference. Now these are $200 difference. Some people don't see it as few dollars more a month. They see how much more they're spending total.
Oh i am sure some people won't buy it due to the $200 increase. But Apple did studies I am sure on the pricing. And they should be making more money overall compared to if they came out with it at the lower price tag... Apple doesn't really care about being number one in volume... They would rather be number one in profit... Even if that means a few less people buying their phones

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The UK and a lot of Europe still had 2 year contracts linked to phone purchases, I'm sure they will sell a tonne when contracts start expiring and those with the iPhone that don't support all new software features in ios 11 but don't want to buy the x

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The UK and a lot of Europe still had 2 year contracts linked to phone purchases, I'm sure they will sell a tonne when contracts start expiring and those with the iPhone that don't support all new software features in ios 11 but don't want to buy the x

I don't think that it really matters that much on the iPhone. I didn't see much of significant importance that more recent iPhones can't support,for the ios 11 features.

Can you elaborate on which software features that you are referring to of significant importance that won't work on say a iPhone 6 or even 5s?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer