I've sold my S8! What's the best deal I can get on an honor 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully he will respond soon!
He never did and I had found another one but the description stated a couple of light scratches on the screen which is a pet peeve of mine. I was just about to hit the buy button when a guy from the market place here called me. I took the call before I hit buy. So he had a pixel XL that he offered me for 350 but since my other phone hadn't sold I did not have enough to cover that plus I'm not a fan of how the Pixel looks anyway. We got to talking and come to find out he had three Nexus 6ps which is still to date my favorite Android phone I've ever used which of course I don't consider the honor 8 to be Android because it's nothing like it. So he happened to have a brand new Nexus 6p 64g still in the box plastic on it and everything. Never even turned on. He offered it to me for $150!!!! I was totally floored!! As much as I like the Nexus 6p when I had it before and being that I'm in the market for a larger screen phone I simply could not pass that deal up. The 64g used still go for $350 to $425! I got a brand new 64g Nexus 6p for $150 dollars! What a good guy to give me the deal of the century. I literally was about to hit the buy it now button on the honor 8 when my phone wrung which was him calling me. I had every intention to buy another honor 8 which the one I really wanted the guy never responded to me and I was a bit concerned with the light two scratches on this other honor 8 I was about to buy. Anyways this was a deal of a lifetime that I simply could not pass up. I use the Nexus 6p as a measuring stick to compare every Android phone I buy to. It's just that good of a device and who is it made by? Huawei!!! There is a reason the Nexus 6p for stock Android to run so smoothly and it's because Huawei produced that phone. So although I didn't get the honor 8 I still got a Huawei phone and one that is my all time favorite "Android" device I've ever used brand new 64g for only $150! I'm still in shock over this deal. I'll still definitely get another Honor 8 but it'll be in a couple months now. I've already got plenty of cases for the Nexus 6p and left over screen protectors for it. I could easily turn around and sell this 6p for around $400 bucks but I assure you that I'm not. He gave me such a good deal that I can't believe it. What a nice guy. I should have it the day after tomorrow as he is overnighting it to me. I stoked that it's the 64g bc there is no expandable storage on the 6p. When I owned one it was the 32g. This one is silver and white but I'm going to put a skin on it so the color didn't matter really except I didn't want gold. I'm not a fan of gold phones to be honest. So now I just filled the void of not having a larger screen device which the 6p is 5.7 inches and it will be great for movies and media. When I get the honor 8 that will be my daily driver as the 6p will be my second device or back up. I'm sure for the next few days I'll only use the 6p as it will be new to me but to use a large phone daily I can't do for long. My sweet spot for a daily phone is 5 to 5.2 inches. The honor 8 is perfect for a daily driver. Until then my axon 7 mini will be my smaller device as it's 5.2 inches as well. I'm still in shock at the price I got it for. He could not have called at a better time bc I was just about to hit the buy it now button on that honor 8 that had those light scratches on the screen. Great timing indeed. This guy had tons of phones. If anyone is looking for a steal on a pixel XL let me know. I can get back in touch with him as he offered it to me around $350 which is a awesome deal too. I just like the 6p better.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
let me know if he still has another one for 150. I'll take one
I'll text him and see. I know he has a pixel XL for around 350 to 400 bucks! I personally like the 6p better than the Pixel if I am using stock Android then the icing on the cake for me is that Huawei produced the 6p and you guys definitely know how I feel about Huawei Honor already. I'll definitely text him and ask him. It might be a 32g or it could be a 64h. How serious are you before I ask him?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
He never did and I had found another one but the description stated a couple of light scratches on the screen which is a pet peeve of mine. I was just about to hit the buy button when a guy from the market place here called me. I took the call before I hit buy. So he had a pixel XL that he offered me for 350 but since my other phone hadn't sold I did not have enough to cover that plus I'm not a fan of how the Pixel looks anyway. We got to talking and come to find out he had three Nexus 6ps which is still to date my favorite Android phone I've ever used which of course I don't consider the honor 8 to be Android because it's nothing like it. So he happened to have a brand new Nexus 6p 64g still in the box plastic on it and everything. Never even turned on. He offered it to me for $150!!!! I was totally floored!! As much as I like the Nexus 6p when I had it before and being that I'm in the market for a larger screen phone I simply could not pass that deal up. The 64g used still go for $350 to $425! I got a brand new 64g Nexus 6p for $150 dollars! What a good guy to give me the deal of the century. I literally was about to hit the buy it now button on the honor 8 when my phone wrung which was him calling me. I had every intention to buy another honor 8 which the one I really wanted the guy never responded to me and I was a bit concerned with the light two scratches on this other honor 8 I was about to buy. Anyways this was a deal of a lifetime that I simply could not pass up. I use the Nexus 6p as a measuring stick to compare every Android phone I buy to. It's just that good of a device and who is it made by? Huawei!!! There is a reason the Nexus 6p for stock Android to run so smoothly and it's because Huawei produced that phone. So although I didn't get the honor 8 I still got a Huawei phone and one that is my all time favorite "Android" device I've ever used brand new 64g for only $150! I'm still in shock over this deal. I'll still definitely get another Honor 8 but it'll be in a couple months now. I've already got plenty of cases for the Nexus 6p and left over screen protectors for it. I could easily turn around and sell this 6p for around $400 bucks but I assure you that I'm not. He gave me such a good deal that I can't believe it. What a nice guy. I should have it the day after tomorrow as he is overnighting it to me. I stoked that it's the 64g bc there is no expandable storage on the 6p. When I owned one it was the 32g. This one is silver and white but I'm going to put a skin on it so the color didn't matter really except I didn't want gold. I'm not a fan of gold phones to be honest. So now I just filled the void of not having a larger screen device which the 6p is 5.7 inches and it will be great for movies and media. When I get the honor 8 that will be my daily driver as the 6p will be my second device or back up. I'm sure for the next few days I'll only use the 6p as it will be new to me but to use a large phone daily I can't do for long. My sweet spot for a daily phone is 5 to 5.2 inches. The honor 8 is perfect for a daily driver. Until then my axon 7 mini will be my smaller device as it's 5.2 inches as well. I'm still in shock at the price I got it for. He could not have called at a better time bc I was just about to hit the buy it now button on that honor 8 that had those light scratches on the screen. Great timing indeed. This guy had tons of phones. If anyone is looking for a steal on a pixel XL let me know. I can get back in touch with him as he offered it to me around $350 which is a awesome deal too. I just like the 6p better.

Congratulations on that killer deal, that's amazing!!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a reminder that all transactions should occur in the Marketplace of the forums -- not here.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations on that killer deal, that's amazing!!!
Thanks. It came out of nowhere. I'll be getting an honor 8 sometime in October probably towards the latter part. I can't decide between the Pearl and the Blue but I would like to get the 64g model. Hopefully I'll catch it on sale when I get ready to buy one. You just never know when they go on sale like it did on B&H for $279 not long ago. That was only for the Pearl color though for some reason. I wonder if that's because the Pearl does not sale as many units as the Blue and Black do. I would not mind a Pearl and then I'd order a Red dbrand skin for it. That would be a sweet contrast I think.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. It came out of nowhere. I'll be getting an honor 8 sometime in October probably towards the latter part. I can't decide between the Pearl and the Blue but I would like to get the 64g model. Hopefully I'll catch it on sale when I get ready to buy one. You just never know when they go on sale like it did on B&H for $279 not long ago. That was only for the Pearl color though for some reason. I wonder if that's because the Pearl does not sale as many units as the Blue and Black do. I would not mind a Pearl and then I'd order a Red dbrand skin for it. That would be a sweet contrast I think.

That would be a great contrast, for sure! Hmm, I wonder why the Pearl White doesn't sell as many units if that hypothesis is true... Perhaps because the other colours are super interesting? I really like my white one though... Harder to lose. 😂

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Have you looked at the honor 9 for deals? Spotted one on gearbest for the same as an honor 8
Was it a US model honor 9? I've yet to see a US model for purchase here in the US. I just could not pass up a brand new Nexus 6p 64g for only $150 bucks!!!! It was still sealed in the box. When I owned one before I had the 32g model and I paid $399 for it. The deal I got was a deal of the century. I'm running Oreo already too. Of course Huawei produced the Nexus 6p so that makes me like it even more. Outside of the Honor 8 the Nexus 6p is my all time favorite Android device but you guys know I don't think EMUI is Android anyway. This 6p is definitely stock Android but by far the smoothest stock Android I've ever used. It's up there next to EMUI for some reason. I've got two skins already ordered for the Huawei Nexus 6p one from Dbrand in Red with a Blue camera with the Nexus words in Blue and my other skin is from Mighty Skins which will be here tomorrow. The model Huawei 6p I got is the Frost White color which looks pretty cool. I guess it doesn't matter though because it's about to be covered up as of tomorrow with the Red skin. I think I'm going to order a Blue skin too from Dbrand with the Nexus words in Red and Camera in Red just the opposite of the set up I already have on order. Next month I'm hope to be able to pick up another honor 8 which will either be in Pearl or Blue one. I'm loving the 5.7 inch quad hd display. It's great for movies and YouTube reviews.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
That would be a great contrast, for sure! Hmm, I wonder why the Pearl White doesn't sell as many units if that hypothesis is true... Perhaps because the other colours are super interesting? I really like my white one though... Harder to lose. 😂

I've only seen the blue sapphire in person. Dunno how the other color looks , but in pictures they look just as good

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've only seen the blue sapphire in person. Dunno how the other color looks , but in pictures they look just as good

I haven't seen the blue in person, unfortunately! But it looks really beautiful from pictures.

Also, I totally lost my white Honor 8 last night... My mom had to call it! Haha. So much for my claim from above! 🤣

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen the blue in person, unfortunately! But it looks really beautiful from pictures.

Also, I totally lost my white Honor 8 last night... My mom had to call it! Haha. So much for my claim from above! 🤣
You seriously lost it or did you end up finding it after all?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I really wanted another honor 8 but I've been enjoying this Nexus 6p like no tomorrow. Outside of EMUI the Nexus 6p is my all time favorite Android phone. I love the Dual front facing stereo speakers it has as it gets very loud for audio. Then the 5.7 inch screen and the absolute unique build which I attribute that unique design to Huawei honor since they made the 6p. It's great for YouTube and movies. The only two other phones I want right now is another honor 8 and another Moto Z Play. Once I'm able to pick both of those up I'll be good for a while. I've also got my eyes on the iPhone X too being that it's the first iPhone that's the same size as the 6s and 7 but has a 5.8 inch screen. It's expensive though so I'll have to think long and hard about getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci