Update 5.0.1

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So how does moving pictures work? I just recently updated my phone and I don't see how it works.
It's similar to live photos on ios. It takes a short video before and after the photo, if you have this mode enabled . You can view the video by pressing the moving pictures button in the gallery app.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's similar to live photos on ios. It takes a short video before and after the photo, if you have this mode enabled . You can view the video by pressing the moving pictures button in the gallery app.

That's so awesome! Thank you for explaining it! I was wondering if it was similar to what happens on an iPhone.

jcpuntz

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I see this circle icon above that indicates moving picture is enabled, and after series of test, neither one of pictures I captured moved! lool

I'm curious about this thing....

jcpuntz

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site

I finally figured out how. Thanks. But it takes only like a blink of an eye for a short video.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys!

I randomly got the notification to upgrade my Honor 8 to EMUI 5.0.1 this morning! So far, to be honest, I haven't noticed much. Apparently they wrote something about the mirror app and "moving pictures." Haven't really rooted around to see what that's all about yet, though.

Has anyone else gotten the update, who can shed some light on their feelings about it or on any other changes it may have brought to the table?
I haven't noticed the first bit of difference at all to be honest. In fact I called Huawei last night and they sent me an email and link to instruction of how to roll back to EMUI 4.1 which I'm probably going to do. It was the biggest change EMUI had in terms of seeing it today as opposed to being on 4.1. 4.1 was much more different and unique which appeals to me and I've loved 4.1 the best from the very beginning. Nothing about 4.1 appear or have any Android features.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed the first bit of difference at all to be honest. In fact I called Huawei last night and they sent me an email and link to instruction of how to roll back to EMUI 4.1 which I'm probably going to do. It was the biggest change EMUI had in terms of seeing it today as opposed to being on 4.1. 4.1 was much more different and unique which appeals to me and I've loved 4.1 the best from the very beginning. Nothing about 4.1 appear or have any Android features.
You should definitely do it