Update 5.0.1

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

I randomly got the notification to upgrade my Honor 8 to EMUI 5.0.1 this morning! So far, to be honest, I haven't noticed much. Apparently they wrote something about the mirror app and "moving pictures." Haven't really rooted around to see what that's all about yet, though.

Has anyone else gotten the update, who can shed some light on their feelings about it or on any other changes it may have brought to the table?

aycbmw

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Got the update this morning. Performance is the same. But my battery seems a little better during standby. Notice that the security went from April to August.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Just got the update, was not notified, had to manually check for updates. Took about 10 minutes to download and install. So far not much difference , probably updates behind the scenes. The only new feature I see is the moving pictures, which takes a small video with the picture. The iPhone got this feature awhile back, not sure if I will use this much.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update, was not notified, had to manually check for updates. Took about 10 minutes to download and install. So far not much difference , probably updates behind the scenes. The only new feature I see is the moving pictures, which takes a small video with the picture. The iPhone got this feature awhile back, not sure if I will use this much.

Ah, so that is what the moving pictures means! Cool! Yeah, not sure how much I'll use it either, but it's good to have!

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Been using 5.0.1 for about a week. I feel like my cellular signal is a little more wonky than usual. Before the update I would get pretty consistent signal strength. Now it seems to be jumping all over the place. I also noticed that my phone doesn't go into deep snooze as much. I think I took a bit of a bit in battery life because of these two issues.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Been using 5.0.1 for about a week. I feel like my cellular signal is a little more wonky than usual. Before the update I would get pretty consistent signal strength. Now it seems to be jumping all over the place. I also noticed that my phone doesn't go into deep snooze as much. I think I took a bit of a bit in battery life because of these two issues.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! :( Hopefully ensuing updates will help with these issues.