Low Volume Handsfree Bluetooth in 2015 Kia Optima

Lizardear

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Just got my Huawei Honor 8, paired fine with my 2015 Kia Optima, but the volume is very low when sending/receiving call, almost like it is muted. Did not have this problem with my previous phone, Samsung Galaxy S3. Is there a setting on the phone I am missing? Also cannot get any volume through my speakers when using Waze, not sure if that's a related problem....HELP!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the volume turned all the way up on the phone while it's connected via Bluetooth?

Lizardear

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Yes, tried it with volume all the way up on the phone and the car. Also, when it's dialing the ringing goes (loudly) through the speakers, as soon as it connects it goes muted. I have also tried re-pairing, same problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Bluetooth and tap the gear icon next to the car system -- is everything checked on there?

kupaku

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Don't know if you have found the Volume slider for Bluetooth calls, if not, do like this:

Make a call from the car, phone connected via Bluetooth of course.
When answered, ask your friend to hold on, don't hang up.
Press Volume button on the phone and you will se the volume slider for Bluetooth calls.
Use it!

Lizardear

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Don't know if you have found the Volume slider for Bluetooth calls, if not, do like this:

Make a call from the car, phone connected via Bluetooth of course.
When answered, ask your friend to hold on, don't hang up.
Press Volume button on the phone and you will se the volume slider for Bluetooth calls.
Use it!

Thanks, will try that.

Lizardear

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, will try that.

Tried increasing Bluetooth volume during a call from the Honor 8 (ALL the way up), still not getting anything from the speakers. My WAZE app doesn't play through the speakers either, it is set specifically in the APP to play through the car speakers. As I mentioned before, when I make the call the RING goes through the speakers, as soon as it connects it stops...frustrating...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995