Just found this awesome sleeve that I believe is made for the Honor 8 too!!

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's the thin case I'm talking about. It's so thin that it offers full protection but zero bulk. It's almost like a skin. This is who makes it. I'm not sure if they make one for the Honor 8 or not but if they do when I get my next Pearl color honor 8 I'll be getting one of these for it.

By the way guys I've changed my mind about the honor 9 whether or not if the US will see it or not. Now my prediction has changed. I now think that we in fact will not see the honor 9 but instead we will get the honor 8 pro to be released here in the US. It just makes better since for Huawei as the honor 8 is already widely known here in the US so the logical thing to do is add on to the honor 8 name and release the pro version of it here. I'd rather we see the honor 9 but now I'm thinking we won't but we'll see the honor 8 pro. Thoughts on this prediction anyone?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/306fab6de92179065bc4cdef9820084b.jpg

How's well does this case protect against bumps and small drops? It looks great but I'd be worried if I ever dropped it.

I really think the 7x will be the next phone we see here in the US. I think the honor 6x sold better than the honor 8. I would guess that they may drop selling the "upper mid-range" phones and focus on "mid-range" here in the states. I hope I'm wrong though!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
How's well does this case protect against bumps and small drops? It looks great but I'd be worried if I ever dropped it.

I really think the 7x will be the next phone we see here in the US. I think the honor 6x sold better than the honor 8. I would guess that they may drop selling the "upper mid-range" phones and focus on "mid-range" here in the states. I hope I'm wrong though!
That's a very good point but I'm hoping honor will keep some type of upper end mid range precense here in the US. I don't know why I think it will be the honor 8 pro and yes I definitely agree with you about the 7x that we will see it too. The 6x did well also but the honor 8 when it went on sale seemed to steal the show. I think bc the honor 8 name is already so widely known that they will stay with that name theme and offer the 8 pro for some reason. I too could be totally off or wrong.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Oh the case does well against drops and bumps. It's got full coverage and is s tough type material although thin. I would feel totally okay dropping it on pavement and not getting a scratch but what you don't get is shock absorber type action. So you kiss that but you get full protection. It'll be my main case I use for my new Sony Xperia X Performance. I've got here waiting on my Sony to drop this morning.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's the sleeve I have coming for my Axon 7 Mini. I got it in Beat Orange. It looks pretty killer. I think one of these would go great with a Honor 8 though. I'd order a Beat Red if I had an honor 8 right now for it. These are supposed to be extremely well made and the leather very soft and supple. I've actually spoken with a few guys over on the Nexus 6p forum who ordered some of these sleeves and they said they were awesome. Then they have 5 stars review on Amazon. FitBag is the name if you look for your model phone on Amazon. I believe they make a sleeve for just about every popular phone. Here's the Beat Orange I have incoming for my Axon.

ec8cf9462f0cab458090a46ec38fe7e2.jpg

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's the sleeve I have coming for my Axon 7 Mini. I got it in Beat Orange. It looks pretty killer. I think one of these would go great with a Honor 8 though. I'd order a Beat Red if I had an honor 8 right now for it. These are supposed to be extremely well made and the leather very soft and supple. I've actually spoken with a few guys over on the Nexus 6p forum who ordered some of these sleeves and they said they were awesome. Then they have 5 stars review on Amazon. FitBag is the name if you look for your model phone on Amazon. I believe they make a sleeve for just about every popular phone. Here's the Beat Orange I have incoming for my Axon.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/ec8cf9462f0cab458090a46ec38fe7e2.jpg

Nice! They almost look handmade. I like the the orange as well. Can't decide if I'd go with that or the gray for my honor 8.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nice! They almost look handmade. I like the the orange as well. Can't decide if I'd go with that or the gray for my honor 8.
I've been told they are hand made from Germany. Told that they have a microfiber inner material to protect your phone and the guys on the 6p forum said they had ordered several colors because they are so well made. Made me want to get one plus they offer 16 colors. I grey which they have would look good but I like the bright colors. Their Beat Blue looks good too along with the Beat Yellow. My favorite is their Beat Red which I have one in Red coming for my Sony Xperia. The orange is for my Axon 7. I'd probably order the blue for my honor 8 bc when I get another one it'll be the Pearl White color so blue will look killer with the Pearl White.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ha, yeah. Better wait till you have an honor 8 in hand. Just in case ;)
Oh yeah but that'll be my next phone I buy I'm pretty sure is another honor 8. I've missed having one and I'm ready to get it again. It's such a solid all around device for the money. It's got flagship specs at a very budget price. One of the very best phones on the market. I wish it was exactly 5 inches though. I love a 5 inch phone which is why I bought the Sony Xperia X instead of another honor 8. I already have the Axon 7 Mini which is 5.2 and performs very similar to the honor 8 overall with probably an even better quality build if you like a metal phone. I mean there is not one piece of plastic on this phone. It feels like a 500 dollar phone when you use it. I'd say the screens are just about the same made the axon wins out by a hair with more vibrant and punchy colors but they are close. The honor 8 will be a little quicker than the axon plus they both have rear fingerprint sensors. So I just thought I'd go after the Xpreria X because it had that 5 inch display and one handed size I like.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah but that'll be my next phone I buy I'm pretty sure is another honor 8. I've missed having one and I'm ready to get it again. It's such a solid all around device for the money. It's got flagship specs at a very budget price. One of the very best phones on the market. I wish it was exactly 5 inches though. I love a 5 inch phone which is why I bought the Sony Xperia X instead of another honor 8. I already have the Axon 7 Mini which is 5.2 and performs very similar to the honor 8 overall with probably an even better quality build if you like a metal phone. I mean there is not one piece of plastic on this phone. It feels like a 500 dollar phone when you use it. I'd say the screens are just about the same made the axon wins out by a hair with more vibrant and punchy colors but they are close. The honor 8 will be a little quicker than the axon plus they both have rear fingerprint sensors. So I just thought I'd go after the Xpreria X because it had that 5 inch display and one handed size I like.

Makes sense, the honor 8 isn't going anywhere. I"m sure it'll still be a great phone when you decide to get it again. Until then enjoy the xpera.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Makes sense, the honor 8 isn't going anywhere. I"m sure it'll still be a great phone when you decide to get it again. Until then enjoy the xpera.
I hope I will. I had my heart set on the Xpreria X Performance model but got ripped off by a guy on swappa on the model I really wanted which runs a 820 processor. I was forced to buy new so I had to go a step down to the regular X model. It still runs a 650 chip which should be plenty fast but the X Performance was about a mm more beefy which in real world makes a noticeable difference. So I'm hoping I'll like the X just as much as the X Performance. At least the X is brand new and not used. I appreciate the cool and kind words!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So my Xperia X arrived and I'm just not feeling so if I return it I'm going for a Pearl White Honor 8 instead. I have 30 days to decide but I'm leaning towards sending it back and exchanging it for the Honor 8. Had it been the X Performance i probably would have been more apt to definitely keep it with it having a 820 processor. So right now I'm undecided as to what I should do. I just know for a fact I like the Honor 8 so it may be my safest bet. I'll keep you guys updated.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
So my Xperia X arrived and I'm just not feeling so if I return it I'm going for a Pearl White Honor 8 instead. I have 30 days to decide but I'm leaning towards sending it back and exchanging it for the Honor 8. Had it been the X Performance i probably would have been more apt to definitely keep it with it having a 820 processor. So right now I'm undecided as to what I should do. I just know for a fact I like the Honor 8 so it may be my safest bet. I'll keep you guys updated.

Shucks, that stinks. What don't you like about it? What are the cons versus the honor 8?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Shucks, that stinks. What don't you like about it? What are the cons versus the honor 8?
The Sony Xperia X had rather poor reception and the battery drained way too fast. I could barely even watch a movie on that Sony bc it half the time would not connect to my Amazon prime video app. So I sent it back today and my midnight black honor 8 arrives on Saturday. I've always loved this phone so I'm pretty excited to get and come back over to my favorite AC forum. You guys are great to interact with here. Bunch of great guys to all of you so I'm officially back in the Honor 8 club now. I was torn between the 32g and 64g but I decided to run with the 32g and I'm going to put a 64g SD card in it. I chose the 32g as I found an open box on B&H for only $199. So I just made an even exchange with my Sony Xperia X. They are shipping it tomorrow for Saturday delivery. I've got my screen protector ordered plus I'm probably going to order a Red Carbon Fiber Dbrand skin for the back although I still have quite a few cases left over from my previous two times owning this device. I've almost tried out just about every Android phone out there and what I love about the honor 8 is the EMUI software that is nothing remotely like stock Android. It's totally different and unique which I love it. I don't use any type of third party launcher on my honors as I love the layout of EMUI. Oh here's a picture of the Skin I'm thinking of ordering. I've gotten to where I hardly ever use a case anymore unless it's a flip folio case which I might try and locate one of those for this honor 8 I'm getting on Saturday. So I sent the Xpreria X back to B&H today and they said since they can track it that would go ahead and send out my honor 8 right now in advance. The only thing I had to pay in addition was $25 bucks for Saturday delivery. I found an open box honor 8 on B&H so it only ran me $199. I thought that was a steal on this device being that it's just about a flagship phone in every sense of a word. It's the best phone you can buy for the price. I found the camera is one of the very best out there and I've tested out a lot of different phones as you guys know. The honor 8 camera spoiled me in comparison to all the other phones I've been through so I've decided this time around that the honor 8 will become my daily driver for long term and I'm not planning on buying any other phones for a while. I've been through so many now and I have always came back to the honor 8 every time. This is the phone for me definitely.

8724509bc58a00346fcfd4eb3ea59f00.jpg

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Welcome back! Just curious what are you going to with all those accessories for the Sony? Hopefully you can get some of your money back.