I'm finally back in the Honor 8 club with you guys!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So my Sony Xperia X was draining battery really quickly and the reception wasn't the greatest so I sent it back and exchanged it for an honor 8 so I'm officially back in with you guys now and will be posting more often now. I got the midnight black bc it was the cheapest but I wanted the Pearl White. I guess overall it really doesn't matter about color but the Sapphire blue was my favorite color they have. Those were even more expensive on B&H. I bought an open box for only $199 so I did pretty good for a new honor 8. What do you guys think? Open box okay? It hasn't been used so I'm still getting a brand new honor 8. It's good to finally be back to join you guys for a long while this time around. I'd been wanting another so I'm going to stick with it for a long time this time around. My axon 7 mini will be my back up phone now.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Welcome back! I'm sure open box is fine. B&h is really reliable so if something is wrong with it, they'll do you right.
Yeah I get a 30 day return policy that I get with them. That's a good thing. It still should be brand new for all intensive purposes but the seal will be broken on the box which I'm fine with at 199 for an honor 8. I wanted the blue or Pearl color but they both were lots more expensive so I just went with the midnight black color.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I get a 30 day return policy that I get with them. That's a good thing. It still should be brand new for all intensive purposes but the seal will be broken on the box which I'm fine with at 199 for an honor 8. I wanted the blue or Pearl color but they both were lots more expensive so I just went with the midnight black color.

Midnight black looks pretty nice too, it's the one I have.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Midnight black looks pretty nice too, it's the one I have.
Do you have the 32g or 64g? I was on the fence between the two but I found an open box in midnight black that was only $199 in the 32g. Given that it has expandable storage do you think I'll be okay going with the 32g? I've owned both variants before. My first was a 32g and my second one was 64g. I really could tell a difference between the two but I think it's a mental thing with me wanting the 64g. Do you guys think overall I'll be fine going with the 32g as I don't download any movies or songs. I stream everything plus I'm putting a 64g SD card in it. Don't you think with the 64g SD card that the phone won't ever really get filled up and I'll be okay? What are your thoughts between the two sizes? I was looking for something on the cheaper end so I went 32g. Will I be okay long term as I plan to keep this one for a long while and slow down on buying new phones so this will be my daily driver for quite a while I'm thinking. Or do you think I should have gone with the 64g instead. Thoughts??

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the 32g or 64g? I was on the fence between the two but I found an open box in midnight black that was only $199 in the 32g. Given that it has expandable storage do you think I'll be okay going with the 32g? I've owned both variants before. My first was a 32g and my second one was 64g. I really could tell a difference between the two but I think it's a mental thing with me wanting the 64g. Do you guys think overall I'll be fine going with the 32g as I don't download any movies or songs. I stream everything plus I'm putting a 64g SD card in it. Don't you think with the 64g SD card that the phone won't ever really get filled up and I'll be okay? What are your thoughts between the two sizes? I was looking for something on the cheaper end so I went 32g. Will I be okay long term as I plan to keep this one for a long while and slow down on buying new phones so this will be my daily driver for quite a while I'm thinking. Or do you think I should have gone with the 64g instead. Thoughts??

I have a 32 GB as well and I haven't had any issues. Sounds like we use phones similarly. I stream most media and only have about 5 games on it at a time. I hover around 16gb used. I have a 32gb SD card as well that's only really used as photo storage and back ups. I wouldn't know what to do with a 64gb phone ;)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a 32 GB as well and I haven't had any issues. Sounds like we use phones similarly. I stream most media and only have about 5 games on it at a time. I hover around 16gb used. I have a 32gb SD card as well that's only really used as photo storage and back ups. I wouldn't know what to do with a 64gb phone ;)
Thanks my friend. That makes me feel much better bc I was torn big time between the two. Mentally I wanted the 64g just because it just has more space but when I think about it I'd never even come close to filling it up plus it saved me about $75 dollars getting the 32g model as I only paid $199 for mine that's arriving tomorrow.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are planning to keep it long term, I would go with the 64gb just to be safe. Especially now that you are still within your return period. You don't want to come back in a few months and go... Crap.. I should have done 64gb.

Normally I would say for you 32gb is enough but I am recommending the 64gb since you said that you plan on keeping the honor 8 long term.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just received my honor 8 in from UPS today. I'm writing this from my new Honor. I'm so excited. It's such an awesome phone guys. You all know that though.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I might exchange it as I have 30 days to decide. I'm going to keep it for two weeks and see how much space I use then decide. I agree with you though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I might exchange it as I have 30 days to decide. I'm going to keep it for two weeks and see how much space I use then decide. I agree with you though.
Oh well since you have it, might as well use it for a few weeks to see how it works out

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would go 64gb if you plan on using the phone for the long term. There is some sense of security there, at least for me.
Yeah those are my thoughts too. I'm just concerned now bc I read that there will be no more updates to the honor 8 which may impact how long I use it now. I want the 64g but not sure I want to spend the extra money now if the phone will no longer receive updates. Is this true?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would go 64gb if you plan on using the phone for the long term. There is some sense of security there, at least for me.
I just checked B&H and they only have the 64g in gold which I would not want. They do however and I didn't see it until now have the Pearl White like I had planned to get. I may actually exchange this black model for the Pearl model before my 30 days is up. I've been wanting to try the Pearl color for something different. Just it's only 32g just like my black model so I'm not sure if it's even worth the exchange or not just to get the white. What do you guys think I should do?

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
If your worried about the 32g black not being enough, the 32 white is not going to help. I'd say stick to your 2 week plan, then decide if 32 is ok or not.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah those are my thoughts too. I'm just concerned now bc I read that there will be no more updates to the honor 8 which may impact how long I use it now. I want the 64g but not sure I want to spend the extra money now if the phone will no longer receive updates. Is this true?

No one knows about the update yet as honor has been mum to this point.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well my guess would be that it would get oreo, but not "p".

Where did you read that there will be no more updates on the honor 8

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just checked B&H and they only have the 64g in gold which I would not want. They do however and I didn't see it until now have the Pearl White like I had planned to get. I may actually exchange this black model for the Pearl model before my 30 days is up. I've been wanting to try the Pearl color for something different. Just it's only 32g just like my black model so I'm not sure if it's even worth the exchange or not just to get the white. What do you guys think I should do?

It sounds like you are unsure on keeping the phone for a long time, so probably just keep the 32gb. If in 25 days you love the phone and want to keep it long term, you can always return it and get a 64gb model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21